• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT| of Tag Assaulting the Devil, Ogres, Wild Animals & MILFs (Bitcap Warning)

So go the route of Dead or Alive, I guess?

Yeah, something like that. Plus more tits and ass are a plus as well ;P

I'm still surprised at you not really touching TTT AAK, though I understand based off what you said...

Tekken 3 was my bread and butter of getting into fighters. It def has a simplified feel to it (T3 is even more simple than Tag). I loved it for that.

In my honest opinion, if fighters stay at the rate they are going now, we are going to have another SFIII crisis where it just gets too technical and people lose interest. I like my technical stuff, but I miss my old paper rock scissors easy to figure out, hard to master from back in the day.

I'm going to say. If Tekken kept the mechanics largely the same with minor tweaks here and there and improved animation, I'd be perfectly fine as long as characters themselves or the looks of older characters changed.

Like T5 to T6 didn't include genre busting differences but since the characters were T5 part 2, left a sour taste in my mouth as if I wasn't playing a new game.

GrayFoxPL

I just played for 4 hours continously with a couple guys from the Shoryuken forums in Ottawa....Played a bit of TTT2 prologue, got ravaged up with getting owned by DJiin's EWGF~5 with me using Ling and someone else going nowhere. And then we start playing TTTHD.

This game.....

see-the-light2.jpg

It's too much fun. Matches are SO tense. The game is much more simplistic, I feel there's a lot less I have to think about and follow through and now I see GrayFoxPL's attitude about how much impact a concentrated refined experience can bring.

And Damn you Harada.... Kunimitsu is a freiking brilliant character!!! She sucks mutilated balls because of how much her moves suck and health... but by God she's fun to play with. I am going to persist and learn this character if it's the last thing I do! Changing Avatars for this cause.

As for slowdowns, I definitely experience some of them occasionally which sucks, but still the game is just too good for me to hate on it too much. :( However, I'm still so hyped with the possibilities with Tag Assault. After playing it I really can't wait to try out Hwoarang, Julia, and Zafina.

And lastly, everyone has to watch Tekken Blood Vengeance for this scene alone:

iburA05mhvuCEa.gif

Manliness overload!

Yeah Tag is very cool. Have you tried Omen Jin? You need Jin and Heihachi team and do b+1+2 and quick 2,2,3. You can only dash but have much more powerful shit like 7 hit natural combo. I love that proto devil form.

Jin paired with Jun or Kazuya recovers super fast after his leg scissors throw, so fast you can follow it with TGF. My favorite shit ever.
Btw. I don't want to say I discovered this shit as I had dial up internet back then but I never seen this mentioned in fg forums.

As for Kuni I love her side throw where she does a flip, I did it all the time, never gets boring. She's not really that weak once you learn to time her unblockable dagger moves like right when opponent's getting up.

Harada's stubborn as hell, he has this Arcade T2 and TTT arcade that where she's least played character and doesn't believe people would love her reedition. I mean characters have changed dramatically since those days, there are no clones. Super Kunimitsu would rock.

As for the movie. Yeah that scene rocked. I loved 3 mishima fight and even devilmen started to look really cool especially Kaz, but then "that" happened and I was just: "Why?"

I don't mind Ling, I hate Alisa and everything prior Mishima fight was so unnecessary and pointless.
Is Tekken fated to have such mindblowingly improper movie adaptations?

Why movies based on a fighting game have so little fighting? What are those directors and script writers thinking?

AAK

I'm still surprised at you not really touching TTT AAK, though I understand based off what you said...

Tekken 3 was my bread and butter of getting into fighters. It def has a simplified feel to it (T3 is even more simple than Tag). I loved it for that.

In my honest opinion, if fighters stay at the rate they are going now, we are going to have another SFIII crisis where it just gets too technical and people lose interest. I like my technical stuff, but I miss my old paper rock scissors easy to figure out, hard to master from back in the day.

Haha yeah, but I didn't really become so into fighters until I saw MadDogJin do stuff like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5XsWMMJggo

Or the way Kenbou used Lei like this creating such hype:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iy2894uGeD8

And the possibilities of regaining your composure and making last second comebacks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHFSZbMYl8U

I noticed all of these around the 2004 time when I really started getting into Tekken from a purely gameplay standpoint when before it was mainly because I enjoyed it purely as a cinematic bliss of your own choreography. This was all around 2004 time when T5 was about to be released in arcades and console version would hit in Feb2005. That's when I started playing while knowing what I was doing LOL. Now coming from a Tekken 6 background and going back to Tag it's such a mindblowing experience and I'm loving it! (But holy hell, Ogres and Mishima's are some of the most terrifying things to go up against).

EDIT: Damn looking back at those matches, it's amazing the framework Namco made for these games. What a spectacular series. <3 Tekken

How does TTT HD perform in 3d any impressions?

Haven't heard any impressions from TTT HD, but TTT2 Prologue in 3D doesn't look good at all.

Yeah Tag is very cool. Have you tried Omen Jin? You need Jin and Heihachi team and do b+1+2 and quick 2,2,3. You can only dash but have much more powerful shit like 7 hit natural combo. I love that proto devil form.

Jin paired with Jun or Kazuya recovers super fast after his leg scissors throw, so fast you can follow it with TGF. My favorite shit ever.
Btw. I don't want to say I discovered this shit as I had dial up internet back then but I never seen this mentioned in fg forums.

Holy crap, it's stuff like this is what makes me LOVE a tag addition to a videogame! Mad awesome stuff, thanks for telling me. :D And by leg scissors you mean his bitch kicks 1+3 throw right? A TGF guaranteed afterward??? Damn!

As for Kuni I love her side throw where she does a flip, I did it all the time, never gets boring. She's not really that weak once you learn to time her unblockable dagger moves like right when opponent's getting up.

Awesome, yeah, I just really like her animations and how she's the only character with anything similar to Yoshimitsu. I just randomly did U+1+2 and saw her disappear and teleport from the ceiling downward like a Moral Kombat move and I was like WOAH WTF That was boss! And about the unblockables I know what you mean, I always thought Yoshimitsu's playstyle was the quick unblockable type but Kuni goes way more hardcore than that! And thanks for the input about this stuff :)

I'm going to say. If Tekken kept the mechanics largely the same with minor tweaks here and there and improved animation, I'd be perfectly fine as long as characters themselves or the looks of older characters changed.

Like T5 to T6 didn't include genre busting differences but since the characters were T5 part 2, left a sour taste in my mouth as if I wasn't playing a new game.

I feel you man, but I just wasn't as bothered as much since I felt the customizations were really deep and and really felt like I was playing a real "Tekken 6 version" of that character. Here's to hoping they can do the opposite and go for a pretty unique style for T7 and then allow you customize them to their previous iconic look. And you're definitely right, one of the major reason's why I want to try out Julia so much for TTT2 is because of how much they superficially changed her along with making her into a grappler.

GrayFoxPL

Holy crap, it's stuff like this is what makes me LOVE a tag addition to a videogame! Mad awesome stuff, thanks for telling me. :D And by leg scissors you mean his bitch kicks 1+3 throw right? A TGF guaranteed afterward??? Damn!

Yeah, bitch kicks. It was funny when I first noticed it. I'm doing the throw and I randomly pushed a button and noticed Jin moved while camera was still in cinematic throw view. Next time I did a crouch dash and 1 - "Oh shit!". My all time favorite. Totally looks like a glitch.

Sayah

Tekken 3 is what got me into fighting games and, currently, it's my favorite genre.

Sort of gonna go off-topic here but anyone know the best way to reduce game lag? My wireless router is now situated on the lower level and my room is on the upper level. The far distance doesn't serve very well for games online (especially fighters). I wish I could use an ethernet cable and get a wired connection with even better quality but the distance is really too far for that. Any good alternative methods anyone would know of would help. I did a google search but didn't get much out of that. :/

TreIII

The version I'm more excited about.

They should make the system Rival Schools style.

Agreed, on both counts. There's certainly more than one way to make a game that emphasizes the "duo" mechanic, without it being yet ANOTHER tag-style game.

Of course, if it's just going to wear too much on the hardware, maybe they should just stick with 1v1. I would like to look forward to a console port of TxSF that wouldn't have to be so vastly underpowered compared to its arcade progenitor.

Sayah

Agreed, on both counts. There's certainly more than one way to make a game that emphasizes the "duo" mechanic, without it being yet ANOTHER tag-style game.

Of course, if it's just going to wear too much on the hardware, maybe they should just stick with 1v1. I would like to look forward to a console port of TxSF that wouldn't have to be so vastly underpowered compared to its arcade progenitor.

I believe TKXSF may release on consoles first.

Harada_TEKKEN Katsuhiro Harada
Considering. I think Western region need console first. RT @LayLowMo&#12288;TKxSF is going to be arcade first too, right?

Sayah

I really want TxSF to impress Street Fighter fans.

It will probably be more enjoyable for me than SFXTK due to personal preference for 3D fighters over 2D fighters. Can't wait to see footage for it. E3 2012 reveal, I hope.

I feel you man, but I just wasn't as bothered as much since I felt the customizations were really deep and and really felt like I was playing a real "Tekken 6 version" of that character. Here's to hoping they can do the opposite and go for a pretty unique style for T7 and then allow you customize them to their previous iconic look. And you're definitely right, one of the major reason's why I want to try out Julia so much for TTT2 is because of how much they superficially changed her along with making her into a grappler.

Namco has already taken too much of a drastic measure with Soul Calibur V in regards to the character roster. I don't think fans were too happy with that and I certainly wouldn't want that to happen with Tekken 7. Although, maybe they can have the older, iconic characters in the series looking more young again using the Heihachi formula. :p

As for the movie. Yeah that scene rocked. I loved 3 mishima fight and even devilmen started to look really cool especially Kaz, but then "that" happened and I was just: "Why?"

I don't mind Ling, I hate Alisa and everything prior Mishima fight was so unnecessary and pointless.
Is Tekken fated to have such mindblowingly improper movie adaptations?

Why movies based on a fighting game have so little fighting? What are those directors and script writers thinking?

The writers realise that all fighting game movies based on tournaments and nothing but fight after fight between characters you never see again suck. And I don't disagree.

Frankly I think the Mishima blood feud is so played out it's not funny. Street Fighter has the same problem with every anime story revolving around Ryu and Akuma, and ending the same way wiith Ryu rejecting the satsui no hadou. Every Mishima storyline ends in a stalemate. Heihachi dies, Kazuya dies, Kazuya gets resurrected, Heihachi dies, whoops, nope he lived. It's beyond a joke. Sure the end of movie fight was cool, but I'm so glad those characters were firmly in the background.

I realise I'm on my own here but I liked the film and its focus on Xiao and Alisa. The devil gene is as dull as the blood feud to me but it was a great vehicle for the girls to get screen time. And frankly I thought Alisa stole the show at the end, not the Mishimas.

CSX

well my friend watched the movie last night (he lost the ft10 :D)

He watches it while i was in another room browsing gaf.

Once it was over, i asked him how was it. He starts shaking his head and tells me "15 minutes of awesome. 1 hour of fuck this movie"

AAK

Was watching some matches the other day and found something pretty nifty:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3PgK-a84BQ

It's a match with DR and T6.0 legend Tribal's Nina/Anna team, and the camera orientation gives a view of his hands while he's doing the flapping butterfly. Although I can't see if he does the qcf~u/f or d,d/f,n motion with the stick, it gives me a better impression of the timing needed to pull it off.

i5gAT7wzAlVi9.gif

Sayah

Was watching some matches the other day and found something pretty nifty:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3PgK-a84BQ

It's a match with DR and T6.0 legend Tribal's Nina/Anna team, and the camera orientation gives a view of his hands while he's doing the flapping butterfly. Although I can't see if he does the qcf~u/f or d,d/f,n motion with the stick, it gives me a better impression of the timing needed to pull it off.

i5gAT7wzAlVi9.gif
DAT COSTUME

Thanks for this. I haven't practiced flapping butterfly recently and I'm definitely so far from perfecting it. Overall, though, my Anna and Nina team are ready for tag. Also gonna re-train with Hwoarang since he's top tier. Not sure who to pair with him, though. And I'll use Hybrid to build up a solid Alisa + Devil Jin team as soon as I get my hands on that.

TreIII

I really want TxSF to impress Street Fighter fans.

I just really want to see what Harada's side of the equation will come up with. Going by some past interviews, it really sounds like TxSF will be something actually quite different, as opposed to the somewhat-expected "Tekken with a few SF skins resembling SF characters".

That much alone makes me interested. Besides, it may be the Tekken team's greatest chance to try something a bit different, or maybe improve on an older, forgotten formula (Rival Schools?).

As much as I hated Tekken 4, I agree with some of those sentiments posted earlier in the topic. Part of me still wonders what could have been, had they stuck to their guns and found a means to make the "new way" work, instead of rolling back to what worked so quickly.

Yeah baby my copy of hybrid finally arrived in the mail! Artbook is ass as others have stated but the soundtracks are pure gold. Would have been nice if they added some TTT aracde tracks in there as well though. Now its time to play the shit out of TTT2 prologue until TTT2 arrives on consoles.

AAK

Okay people, why is Korea so broken!!! HAs anyone EVER seen such Ninja gameplay in their life!? Look at the way this scholar of a gamer uses Yoshimitsu! (Watch the whole set)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oC6XwcsPRnw

Wow, loving how the improved movement in this game is opening so many avenues of playstyles.

Also gonna re-train with Hwoarang since he's top tier.

Rumor goes that Harada will "rape" him with a sandpaper condom in future updates just so he can keep his f+3,1+4 to use in tag assaults and setups. Yikes, sounds scary.

Someone photoshop this like he's throwing $ bills, please! :D

Sorry brother :( My skills stop here.

I just really want to see what Harada's side of the equation will come up with. Going by some past interviews, it really sounds like TxSF will be something actually quite different, as opposed to the somewhat-expected "Tekken with a few SF skins resembling SF characters".

That much alone makes me interested. Besides, it may be the Tekken team's greatest chance to try something a bit different, or maybe improve on an older, forgotten formula (Rival Schools?).

It's all shrouded in mystery. I think that was his initial plan to make it different, but with each further tweet about the progress on this title, it seems each idea hits a wall and he has to eventually return it to the "Tekken with SF skins" formula... but everything is still being planned so there is still hope :)

Throavium

I'd rather Harada keep the game mysterious until he actually has something to show, no need sending out tweets about the game to keep fans satisfied when that could potentially have fans criticizing the game before the basis is even conceived.

Kimosabae

Banned
I am salty. I just got Hybrid in the mail and had no idea the TT2 demo only featured 4 playable characters - all characters I couldn't care less about. Probably gonna get rid of this ASAP.

AAK

Well, the purpose of prologue was just for people to get into grips with the system and get the feel of the timings and intricacies of Tag Assaults. It should come by very useful for when you eventually get TTT2 in your hands :) But alas, it does cost money so it's reasonable for you to do so.

And also TTT HD is a whole grip of fun, very easy platinum as well if you're interested!

I am salty. I just got Hybrid in the mail and had no idea the TT2 demo only featured 4 playable characters - all characters I couldn't care less about. Probably gonna get rid of this ASAP.

Do your research beforehand.

I got it primarily for TTT HD, so TTT2P is a bonus.

And yeah, TTT is damn fun... The limitations in it vs modern Tekken games makes me miss the old play styles.

LowParry

What an awful movie that was. Anna was probably my favorite thing about the movie. Though the Ling shower scene was nice. Ish. :/

LowParry

I haven't even been tempted to watch it. lol.

I probably should just because Namco CG is great.

Oh yeah, Lee was pretty dope in the movie too. But the whole plot is a complete mess. It's a fun sit down and watch but after that, I won't even bother watching it again.

Honestly, if you want quality and real Tekken Tekken stuff, skip to the Mishima fight and only watch that.

If you do watch the whole thing, expect a kung fu all female bromance.

GrayFoxPL

God...
The movie great job at making me hate Alisa even more. Didn't know it was possible.

So much that yesterday when I met some random Alisa online my eyes turned red, electricity run down my body, my hair stood up Mishima style and I destroyed her in 10seconds with Old Badasshima. No mercy for the doll.

After the fight it felt like I've woken up from some kind of possession. :p

Harada please, no more Lili, Alisa types in Tekken.

I blame it on alcohol. Please don't drink and design at the same time. :(

Sayah

God...
The movie great job at making me hate Alisa even more. Didn't know it was possible.

So much that yesterday when I met some random Alisa online my eyes turned red, electricity run down my body, my hair stood up Mishima style and I destroyed her in 10seconds with Old Badasshima. No mercy for the doll.

After the fight it felt like I've woken up from some kind of possession. :p

Harada please, no more Lili, Alisa types in Tekken.

I blame it on alcohol. Please don't drink and design at the same time. :(

WAAAAAAT
I agree both Alisa and Lili can be annoying sometimes but they have raised quite high in the popularity rankings despite being relatively new characters.

GrayFoxPL

No way. Nina and Anna are the queens of the Tekken franchise. No one can outdo their cheesy dialogue sequences.

Anna is scraping the bottom of the barrel of popularity. Rarely seen in videos from Japan or Korea in T6 and almost invisible in Tag2. Very rarely encountered online(by me at least).
If this goes on Harada will cut her off from next Tekken for the same reason he did it with Kunimitsu and Jun(12 year absence).
She's much better then L&A but I'd love her remade or at least done in the appearance from DBD.

Nina is even more popular now then in T6, but through T6 lifetime Lili and Alisa owned female Tekken, no contest.

Alisa and Lili are the only redeeming factors of the existence of the Tekken franchise.

Come at me bros.

That pony is the perfect way to make no one come at you.

Anna is scraping the bottom of the barrel of popularity. Rarely seen in videos from Japan or Korea in T6 and almost invisible in Tag2. Very rarely encountered online(by me at least).
If this goes on Harada will cut her off from next Tekken for the same reason he did it with Kunimitsu and Jun(12 year absence).
She's much better then L&A but I'd love her remade or at least done in the appearance from DBD.

Nina is even more popular now then in T6, but through T6 lifetime Lili and Alisa owned female Tekken, no contest.

That pony is the perfect way to make no one come at you.

I see plenty of Anna in Tag 2.

She's not popular in T6 series because she's not a very good character, unlike Lili and Alisa, and to lesser extent Julia. In DR and and T6.0 days, she was the only female character, besides Julia, that you saw in tourneys because she was good.

Where do you get that Nina's more popular now then before?

SkylineRKR

I watched Blood Vengeance the other day and as I was already being warned for it indeed just sucks ass.

The CGI is awesome, and the fights are awesome as well. But there aren't enough fights! I felt like this movie tried to force some story and emotions upon me but I didn't give a fuck because I want to watch a Tekken movie for the fights. There were an awfully lot of scenes without anything going on, actually. That student guy was completely fucking useless on top of that. And the final battle was just ridiculous.

Even the Tekken anime was better, and I disliked that flick.

CSX

Anna is gonna be more popular in Tag 2. People will be playing Williams sister for sake of playing Williams sisters.

Just like the shitload of people playing Armor King and King for the King dream team

Kimosabae

Banned
Gonna eat some crow. I bought this game solely for the demo and was disappointed, sure. One of my main problems with Tekken, however, has always been that I could never appreciate its characters. The designs always seemed bland in comparison to Soulcalibur (a passion for me at one time). I expected Blood Revenge to be stupid, vomit-inducing, dogshit, anime and wasn't disappointed there.

What I wasn't expecting was for it to give me a genuine appreciation for the characters. Even if the dialogue and plot is asinine, understanding the motivations behind the characters goes a long way into helping me come to grips with picking a character that fights in a tuxedo. I seriously never expected to like a character like Alysa - then the mechanical chainsaw blades and Xenogear wings came into play and I geeked out in a way I haven't in a long time. I love this character. Can't wait for this game.

Team Soul should seriously consider doing something like this for their series.

Top Bottom