• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

AAK

Finally... after like a year and 3 months I unlocked Eliza.

Easiest and most boring character in Tekken history.... but yet STILL she gets a unique crouching animation and the rest of the cast haven't. Well from what I've seen Katarina and Claudio both have unique couching ones.... but Katarina goes out of her way to crouch and beam her chest in the open as possible.

Sayah

Any of you peeps able to translate any major talking points from that article?

I can read Arabic but won't understand any of what I've read. :)
I also need all the short vowels to get the pronunciations right.

Based on what I've heard/read, the article has some information wrong like announcing Shaheen as the main character of Tekken 7 and listing it for PS4 and Xbox One when no consoles have been announced.

AAK

Best possible image considering niconico quality:

iAQjG8IsP2Ad.PNG

Sayah

I am missing the particle effects. They look so good. Not sure why the location testers didn't like them and requested to remove them. Then again, I didn't have the game right in front of me so I guess I can't say.

I really hope particles go back to the way they were, though. Hits felt more powerful with all those sparks coming out.

Tekken-7-Gif-1.gif

Tekken-7-gif-6.gif

Sayah

We assume they toned down the sparks solely due to feedback, but there could also be performance reasons behind it.

Maybe. I don't know. Unreal Engine 4. Next gen hardware and everything. Plus, if sparks were causing issues from the very beginning, I would imagine they would have toned them down right then and there.

I think I'll get some good mileage out of DOA5LR as well. I got GGXrd too. Not feeling it yet because there's A LOT I need to get down. Haven't found a character I can really connect with yet. I've been fiddling with a few characters. I love Slayer's design but I've been having the most success in Challenge mode with Elphelt. Sin, Millia, and Ramlethal looked like a ton of fun to play but the extra meter management with Sin and sword management with Ramlethal look like a lot to handle for a newbie to the series like me.

Yeah, I definitely plan on getting DOA5: LR also, preferably day one. You will need a lot of patience with GGXrd and try to not get discouraged. I am liking Ky, Millia, I-No and Sol so far. I haven't played a GG game since the PS2 era and this has got to be one of the hardest fighting games I've played in awhile. For those people who say TTT2 is too hard, this is much more challenging and makes TTT2 look like the original Mortal Kombat difficulty-wise imo. The game does have a very extensive and detailed tutorial/training materials for newcomers though. I hope to see something like this in Tekken 7.

dJ2OumT.jpg
tl1eo1P.jpg
6cVfX9T.jpg

There are probably better characters for making her, but I only play Leo and Zafina. Had to make the stripes on the pants with decals.

Nice job. I made a Lucky Chloe outfit awhile back for Anna when I actually got TTT2 to work on my PS3, but it's an obvious rush job.

I'm fine with costumes staying the same, but character's need to age. Top right Asuka looks amazing.

Yeah, I like the older Asuka also. I would love to see older, more mature female characters in fighting games, but you know that is asking for a lot in fighting games when everyone is obsessed with youth for some reason.

GrayFoxPL

Good games Sasuke. You mastered combos on any launch. When I though I was gonna live by a hair - denied, lol.
Very difficult tempo, but keep it up. It's much harder to fight opponent that is constantly attacking (at close range) then one that is defensive because of simple reason that you don't have time to think of a plan.

And those constant electrics, so scary. O_O;

sasuke_91

Good games Sasuke. You mastered combos on any launch. When I though I was gonna live by a hair - denied, lol.
Very difficult tempo, but keep it up. It's much harder to fight opponent that is constantly attacking (at close range) then one that is defensive because of simple reason that you don't have time to think of a plan.

And those constant electrics, so scary. O_O;
Good games. My defense was really sloppy today, but I managed to put some pressure on you. I also noticed that I tried to punish every low with a launch, even when I knew it wouldn't work^^
Every time my back was at the wall, I panicked for some reason. Instead of poking my way out, I got hit everytime.
Kazuya's electrics are way easier than Hei's or Jin's for me, because you can skip the crouch dash (like JFSR). At least on the DS4 the input is easier.

Steve/Jin is a pretty cool team by the way. You should consider sticking with it.

GrayFoxPL

Good games. My defense was really sloppy today, but I managed to put some pressure on you. I also noticed that I tried to punish every low with a launch, even when I knew it wouldn't work^^
Every time my back was at the wall, I panicked for some reason. Instead of poking my way out, I got hit everytime.
Kazuya's electrics are way easier than Hei's or Jin's for me, because you can skip the crouch dash (like JFSR). At least on the DS4 the input is easier.

Steve/Jin is a pretty cool team by the way. You should consider sticking with it.

Aggressive is better.

Yeah when my back is at the wall it's pretty much over. T6 and Tag2 walls destroy me completely. Any button can potentially kill. T4 had wall tech and universal position change so it wasn't ever game over and in T5 you fell real fast after wall hit at least. But Tag2 is a massacre, that's why I can win with Doomshine only on infinite stages. I was hoping T7 would include some new wall mechanic for defense, but nope.

Check out Paul's punishment guide. You let me get away with lots of stuff. Pauls has guard push on many of his moves that's why it looks safe but it really isn't. If you start punishing deathfist with electrics my Paul will become useless.

I never played Jin/Steve seriously. Maybe I should. I got stubborn and try to get Steve/Lee working in synergy because both are fast characters with movement cancels but so far it only got them demoted in ranked twice and they don't combo all that well.

AAK

So yeah, I got nominated for the FGW spotlight thanks to a bunch of you, I have to recommend someone for next week, I'd like to represent someone from Tekken GAF. Who would you guys like to see me nominate for next week?

I am missing the particle effects. They look so good. Not sure why the location testers didn't like them and requested to remove them. Then again, I didn't have the game right in front of me so I guess I can't say.

I really hope particles go back to the way they were, though. Hits felt more powerful with all those sparks coming out.

http://gifyu.com/images/Tekken-7-Gif-1.gif[IMG]

[IMG]http://gifyu.com/images/Tekken-7-gif-6IMG][/QUOTE]
I personally think they wanted to make a huge difference between Supers and regular moves. I think the super moves still have that level of sparks but the regular moves don't. But it could have been a technical decision as well.
[quote="Rhazer Fusion, post: 145944055"]Yeah, I definitely plan on getting DOA5: LR also, preferably day one. You will need a lot of patience with GGXrd and try to not get discouraged. I am liking Ky, Millia, I-No and Sol so far. I haven't played a GG game since the PS2 era and this has got to be one of the hardest fighting games I've played in awhile. For those people who say TTT2 is too hard, this is much more challenging and makes TTT2 look like the original Mortal Kombat difficulty-wise imo. The game does have a very extensive and detailed tutorial/training materials for newcomers though. I hope to see something like this in Tekken 7.
[/QUOTE]
Yeah, GGXrd is kicking my HARD.
[quote="MikeBreezy92, post: 145969597"]Did Claudio take that shit from Voldo?[/QUOTE]
100% copy lol. It's the same way how Kunimitsu's f+4~f 4 air throw is stolen from Natsu/Taki.

So yeah, I got nominated for the FGW spotlight thanks to a bunch of you, I have to recommend someone for next week, I'd like to represent someone from Tekken GAF. Who would you guys like to see me nominate for next week?

:D

100% copy lol. It's the same way how Kunimitsu's f+4~f 4 air throw is stolen from Natsu/Taki.

Yeah lol. Its kinda cute when they reuse animations from each other lol

sasuke_91

I never played Jin/Steve seriously. Maybe I should. I got stubborn and try to get Steve/Lee working in synergy because both are fast characters with movement cancels but so far it only got them demoted in ranked twice and they don't combo all that well.

I tried Steve/Lee in practice mode. It's really hard doing decent damage with Lee's launchers, but his b+2,4,3 tag filler is pretty cool and I can end most combos eith Sonic Fang after that. Lee's f n 3,4 can be tag buffered and I get 93 damage out of that.

Yeah I should really check Paul's punishment guide. I don't know any of his frame data.

GrayFoxPL

I tried Steve/Lee in practice mode. It's really hard doing decent damage with Lee's launchers, but his b+2,4,3 tag filler is pretty cool and I can end most combos eith Sonic Fang after that. Lee's f n 3,4 can be tag buffered and I get 93 damage out of that.

Yeah I should really check Paul's punishment guide. I don't know any of his frame data.

Yeah the tag buffers are good.

I wanna practice and check if I can do this combo:

HandsomeImpoliteCony.gif

sasuke_91

It would be best if it was someone who has some tournament experience, no? So... Sayah... who else? Is av2k still active?

Yeah the tag buffers are good.

I wanna practice and check if I can do this combo:

HandsomeImpoliteCony.gif

Damn that combo looks amazing. I gotta try this out :D

Apparently my love for Lee/Violet's infinite kicks(i10 baby) has gotten me some hatemail.

:(
Don't be sad. Getting hatemails only means that you're playing the right way :p

AAK

I personally wanted Sayah to go next too, but yeah, av2k, NinthPixel, MikeBreezy, FlyingWonkey, Manny, Fraeon, boutdown, Cosmic Forge, I know all had tournament experience sometime in their Tekken endeavors. Did devastator go to a tournament as well? Can't remember.

Hopefully we can continue the cycle and take over FGW >:D for the beginning of 2015

Dereck

LOL some people online are hilarious when they send me hatemail about stuff they could easily prevent from some practice.

My stick is broke now I am using pad to play. Man this sucks. I can only do scrub combos now and I drop them all the time. FUCK

Dereck

The longer Bamco holds out on announcing the consoles for this game, the more that I think that the game will be cross-gen. What are they waiting for? Hopefully they're just waiting because they legitimately have not gotten around to thinking about console announcements since the game isn't out yet.

AAK

Arcade centres don't appreciate Namco announcing console ports early in the games release let alone months before it's release.

I think it's safest to assume a console release talk sometime in the fall of 2015 (yeah, it's gonna be eons of a wait)

The longer Bamco holds out on announcing the consoles for this game, the more that I think that the game will be cross-gen. What are they waiting for? Hopefully they're just waiting because they legitimately have not gotten around to thinking about console announcements since the game isn't out yet.

They're not going to mention consoles before the arcade version comes out. Also UE4 (almost) eliminates the possibility of cross-gen.

I personally wanted Sayah to go next too, but yeah, av2k, NinthPixel, MikeBreezy, FlyingWonkey, Manny, Fraeon, boutdown, Cosmic Forge, I know all had tournament experience sometime in their Tekken endeavors. Did devastator go to a tournament as well? Can't remember.

Hopefully we can continue the cycle and take over FGW >:D for the beginning of 2015
Thanks for the nod, but any of those other mentions are far more qualified. I haven't placed much less competed in years, nor contributed content on the scale you guys have.

Btw, regarding hate mails, I got some strange ones myself. Usually complaining about stuff you'd never expect, like "git a new combo nub" or "cheap sword using asshole", etc. I linked a cell pic one on hatemail in the last OT but forgot what it said. Still funny tho.

Sayah

I want to see degen, manny, famicom, or doomshine.

AAK

I think the screws holding the joystick in came loose and so it fell inside. Probably need to open it up and investigate.

That's pretty easy to fix. Assuming you don't have an old school Hori stick. The newer madcatz ones are really simple. That's the beauty of having a stick, they're repairable.

The only cross-gen stuff you'll be seeing in late 2015/early 2016 (when I assume T7 gets a console release) will be sports games.

Why are you so scared of cross-gen being a thing, anyway? We know what the arcade version looks like. Expect a similar quality on PS4, regardless of whether a last gen version exists.

Yeah, I have been to several FinalRounds and such. Speaking of tournaments, would anyone be interested in an online Tekken tournament? This Thursday before ATP Live and I can stream it at my new channel? http://www.twitch.tv/fingerstofight
Start it rather small scale with Tekken Gaf and see where it goes from there.

Been watching Alex Valle run his and I think something similar should be started for Tekken. We are going to need something to keep us onboard for the long wait for Tekken 7. Offline events are going to fall just because of the vicious cycle in investments with no guarantees for a good showing. I'd like to start free entry online tournaments and throw in an Amazon or PSN gift card to the winner. An offer I think even us lazy Tekken players will take up. What do you guys think?

Dereck

After the tournament down here in February I think I'm done competing in Tekken Tag, I'll definitely watch though. It's why I only stick to player matches now, really not down with an online tournament, those two words don't really mix for me.

Sayah

Yeah, I have been to several FinalRounds and such. Speaking of tournaments, would anyone be interested in an online Tekken tournament? This Thursday before ATP Live and I can stream it at my new channel? http://www.twitch.tv/fingerstofight

Been watching Alex Valle run his and I think something similar should be started for Tekken. We are going to need something to keep us onboard for the long wait for Tekken 7. Offline events are going to fall just because of the vicious cycle in investments with no guarantees for a good showing. I'd like to start free entry online tournaments and throw in an Amazon or PSN gift card to the winner. An offer I think even us lazy Tekken players will take up. What do you guys think?

I would join but I'm putting TTT2 on hiatus at the current moment. Other people here might be happy to do it though.

I'm always looking for motivation to play. If it goes down count me in.

AAK

Tournament or no tournament, I love this game enough to play for whatever reason.

One thing I always wondered though, was if people legitimately wanted to do online tournaments, why didn't they ever do one for Tekken Revolution?

Manbig

As down as I am on the game (especially online) I would join to support your endeavor.

Tournament or no tournament, I love this game enough to play for whatever reason.

One thing I always wondered though, was if people legitimately wanted to do online tournaments, why didn't they ever do one for Tekken Revolution?
I have seen one or two Euro TR online tournaments just browsing Twitch actually. The concept is already out there and was done a lot if anyone remembers the KaraStorm TTT2 tournaments. However, we need to revive it and make it less of an obscure thing.

Also, I am in Georgia in the USA. Even though I fortunately get 3 bar connections with many Euros, I figure this will have to be an American only tournament.

AAK

I'm sure we can make an 8 man bracket with the American people here: Sayah, Manny, NinthPixel, boutdown, Famicom, Tera, devastator, nailbomb. And I know the lurkers are out there like Gambit, Degen, and others. Unfortunately I think av2k got rid of his ps3 :(.

KiT brackets are up:

http://kumiteintn.challonge.com/users/kumiteintn

So cool of Eddy Pistons to still come out to these events. Hope he gets to do commentary. No sign of Anakin or SK. Looks like those guys indeed quit after Strongstyle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom