• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anakin said in Rip's stream chat tonight that he hasn't quit Tekken, he's just been busy. Said Speed hasn't quit either, but he did sell his PS3. Well to clarify, Anakin won't let him quit. Will drag him to tournaments if he has to.

Fraeon

Good games, sasuke.

Was dropping combos like mad thanks to having a long break combined with odd spikes the lag caused. Was thinking I'm hitting df+1 when f+1 is coming out for instance. Weird.

I think one of your issues against me was that you ended up being quite careful with what I think are your mains? Hwoarang/Steve? The times when you just turned on your steamroll mode were the times you also beat me. Tried to find holes and panicked quite often.

But yeah, hopefully the connection is slightly better next time.

sasuke_91

Good games, sasuke.

Was dropping combos like mad thanks to having a long break combined with odd spikes the lag caused. Was thinking I'm hitting df+1 when f+1 is coming out for instance. Weird.

I think one of your issues against me was that you ended up being quite careful with what I think are your mains? Hwoarang/Steve? The times when you just turned on your steamroll mode were the times you also beat me. Tried to find holes and panicked quite often.

But yeah, hopefully the connection is slightly better next time.
Good games. Yeah, it was a little laggy. I was dropping combos everytime. A lot of wrong inputs, too.

Hwoarang/Steve is my main team. The problem is that I saw that you know my characters' shenanigans and I ended up thinking too much before doing anything. This wasn't the case with Xiaoyu/Leo and that's the only team I actually beat you with^^
Offensive gameplay really suits my characters better. No thinking, just pushing buttons :p

Your Lili is really good. I can't really say anything about your Alex though, because you're the only person I know who plays him. Anytime my back was at the wall I already knew you'd end up getting a wall splat. You delayed an attack -> I panicked -> wall splat :p
Those electrics you did with Heihachi also got me everytime. Really good execution. I have to work on my spacing.

Could it be that you played in World Arena sometimes? I think I remember your name from there. I may be wrong though.

GrayFoxPL

I saw you guys playing, went to Tag2 yous gone, lol.

I did that combo, though if you are late 2-3 frames with b+2 F~ df+3,2,3 the middle 2 will whiff and last 3 will hit hit low without wall carry. But the combo setup is good, can be done from more then half of launchers and Steve after extended ducking 1 can do different finishers.

mr_boo

Regarding the news of the potential new camera system...I have to say that's an interesting concept. But hopefully, there's a way to turn it off. I'm pretty bad on 2p side, this will make it much worse.

Pachimari

Regarding the news of the potential new camera system...I have to say that's an interesting concept. But hopefully, there's a way to turn it off. I'm pretty bad on 2p side, this will make it much worse.

Why?

Both of you can start on 1P side. That's the whole purpose of the system, to give you choice.

AAK

This is actually a bit of a game-changer for something like Julia. Her FC d/f+4,3 bow and arrow can only be punished by SW right when you're on the 1P side. If you're on 1P and you SW right and block, you can block the homing kick WS+4 and if Julia does the bow and arrow the low will hit but the mid will whiff allowing you to punish. BUT this only works if they were on 1P side. If I play online and I don't know what side my opponent is on, it can really change things haha.

Anakin said in Rip's stream chat tonight that he hasn't quit Tekken, he's just been busy. Said Speed hasn't quit either, but he did sell his PS3. Well to clarify, Anakin won't let him quit. Will drag him to tournaments if he has to.

Famicom with the knowledge. Thanks for that, didn't know.

Pachimari

But the thing is, if you are on 1P side, then the other player will be at 2P side on your screen. If the other player is also 1P side, then it will look like you are on the 2P side on his screen.

AAK

hello everyone tekken fan over here.

Sup! What region you in?

But the thing is, if you are on 1P side, then the other player will be at 2P side to you. If the other player is also 1P side, then you will look like you are on 2P side for him.

It all depends on what preference the other player has. If I chose 1P as my default and so did he or if we both chose 2P, then the camera trick comes into play and I have to reverse the polarity for the bow and arrow defense. If his preference was different from mine like me choosing 1P and him choosing 2P and vice versa, then it stays normal the way the game currently is.

mr_boo

2P weaklings, step your game up will ya
Lol...that doesn't hurt my feelings consider I'm also 1P weak, just not as weak though....

Madridista said:
Why?

Both of you can start on 1P side. That's the whole purpose of the system, to give you choice.
Ideally, I want to be forced to 2P-side and not be given into starting 1P-side as crutch. I'm far from a serious player, but even as casual, I see this as bit of small touch to help new folks out (which is fine I guess). More I think about it, there has to be a way to turn it off (likely just a preference setting).

sasuke_91

Europe man. Sweden
Add me -> UchihaSasuke_91 (You're on PSN, right?)
I'm from Germany.

I have to warn you though. We're really mean to newcomers. GrayFoxPL beat me more than 15 times in a row the first time I came here.
Just kidding. These guys basically taught me how to play the game.
The story about the 15 wins is true though :p

Didn't hear about that camera angle thing. So... when I jump over my opponent, will the camera angle switch so I appear on P1 side again?
I'll have to turn this off though or Offline sessions will become bad^^

Numb

I'm from Germany.

I have to warn you though. We're really mean to newcomers. GrayFoxPL beat me more than 15 times in a row the first time I came here.

Didn't hear about that camera angle thing. So... when I jump over my opponent, will the camera angle switch so I appear on P1 side again?

wow that is brutal i hope i can win atleast once. I sent the request.

GrayFoxPL

I'm from Germany.

wow that is brutal i hope i can win atleast once. I sent the request.

Haha, that happened only once. First time we played. In just few weeks Sasuke learned the ropes and now is beating me cleanly if I blink one time too much.

But really we're friendly fighters over here and give each other advice where we went wrong and how to play better.

Sometimes I play decently, sometimes I suck. That's how the cookie crumbles.

That would be godsent for me playing 100% right side. But I'm sure it's only for position at start of the round.This was already in loctest, Harada talked about it.

Numb

Haha, that happened only once. First time we played. In just few weeks Sasuke learned the ropes and now is beating me cleanly if I blink one time too much.

But really we're friendly fighters over here and give each other advice where we went wrong and how to play better.

Sometimes I play decently, sometimes I suck. That's how the cookie crumbles.

That would be godsent for me playing 100% right side. But I'm sure it's only for position at start of the round.This was already in loctest, Harada talked about it.

Well i am one of those guys that is free to hwo and baek. hope no one uses them. Well it wont matter anyway since i am one of those dumbasses that uses mokujin and sucking with him.

GrayFoxPL

Well i am one of those guys that is free to hwo and baek. hope no one uses them. Well it wont matter anyway since i am one of those dumbasses that uses mokujin and sucking with him.

I used Baek originally but not for months now, don't worry. I focus on various characters, right now Steve and Lee.

Sasuke is Hwoarang reincarnated though, haha. :D

Numb

I used Baek originally but not for months now, don't worry. I focus on various characters, right now Steve and Lee.

Sasuke is Hwoarang reincarnated though, haha. :D

Seems like every character am weak against got name dropped except nina. Well atleast i can learn to fight against them this way.

Numb

Jinpachi is strong. Try to find him good partner. Mokujin is kinda hardcore, lol.

Indeed i did try Feng and Marduk nothing clicked so i just went with Mokujin. I wanted to go with a Mishima but the execution is alittle out of my league.

GrayFoxPL

Indeed i did try Feng and Marduk nothing clicked so i just went with Mokujin. I wanted to go with a Mishima but the execution is alittle out of my league.

Paul is good, overall he's great at any level. Deathfist saves the day.
Wang might be good especially with his ridiculous parry.
Raven is good if you like mixing up.

Not sure many people know you can already "force" which side you want to start on from the options menu. Well, that is if you want to start on 2P. Since no one ever changes it, if you set yours to "Right" you will almost always start on 2P online. I've used it in the past to get more comfortable on 2P.

Numb

Paul is good, overall he's great at any level. Deathfist saves the day.
Wang might be good especially with his ridiculous parry.
Raven is good if you like mixing up.

Paul is cool and i used to use him alot and Wang has good relationship with him but raven
on the other hand is crazy. Mix up characters i dont know how to use and if i did i would use
Yoshimitsu.

Dereck

Not sure many people know you can already "force" which side you want to start on from the options menu. Well, that is if you want to start on 2P. Since no one ever changes it, if you set yours to "Right" you will almost always start on 2P online. I've used it in the past to get more comfortable on 2P.
mynicca1.png

GrayFoxPL

Yeah it's a standard now. I have always set up 2p because choosing 1p will always get 50% chance to land on 2p so I said "Screw this I'll use 2p exclusively" that worked for some months but lately so many people started to use 2p side so the game randomly selects side. Really bad when I'm so used to 2p.

Tekken 7 system gives you one side start at all times.

Paul is cool and i used to use him alot and Wang has good relationship with him but raven
on the other hand is crazy. Mix up characters i dont know how to use and if i did i would use
Yoshimitsu.

You can go with different ways about it. Like picking the character you like and making him/her work. Though it doesn't necessary mean you it's a character you are potentially best with. Like, I could be best Alisa player on the planet but wont pick that character for all the gold in the world. I'd rather die violent death. Haha.

Paul rocks, always.

Pachimari

I really want to use my Bruce and Wang again, but is afraid to put too much into them when they highly likely won't be in Tekken 7.

It's unfortunate most of the ones I really like probably won't be in the next Tekken: Michelle, Wang, Bruce, Angel, Kunimitsu. Actually a lot of those Tekken 2 characters.

Numb

I was not sure on who to pick in tekken 7 since Jinpachi will propably not be there but since seeing Shaheen i think i found a new guy, i hope that his fightning style is interessting
as i have never seen any arabian martial arts or fights. Any idea what it will be like?

GrayFoxPL

I was not sure on who to pick in tekken 7 since Jinpachi will propably not be there but since seeing Shaheen i think i found a new guy, i hope that his fightning style is interessting
as i have never seen any arabian martial arts or fights. Any idea what it will be like?
PoBwE.gif

YOU WIN!

;D

I was hoping for Krav Maga but ppl said it's a no go since Israel, war, religion, offensive etc.

But if he'll do Silat (The Raid) he's my main forever.

sasuke_91

Paul rocks, always.
I hate Paul. I hate half of the roster though, so that's nothing special^^
Playing Mokujin really is a little hardcore. Mishima execution too hard? Let's play every character then :p
Knee would probably be able to get him to Blue ranks (if he hasn't already).

@Numbatista: I play Hwoarang, Steve, Xiaoyu, Leo, Jin and Lee. I also play Kazuya and Heihachi sometimes, but I'm not really serious with them. So, no Nina, but Hwoarang all the way^^

Good games Doomshine. I had a really bad day. Losing a lot and getting frustrated. Started Tekken 3 times today, thinking it may get better, but it only got worse :p

Doomshine

Good games Doomshine. I had a really bad day. Losing a lot and getting frustrated. Started Tekken 3 times today, thinking it may get better, but it only got worse :p

Good games. If there's anything you want to know about the characters I play, ask here. I don't like typing in the Tekken chat since it's so slow and limited.

Numb

PoBwE.gif

YOU WIN!

;D

I was hoping for Krav Maga but ppl said it's a no go since Israel, war, religion, offensive etc.

But if he'll do Silat (The Raid) he's my main forever.

Why is there no raid fighter in every single fighting game? Those movies touched my heart in a manly way.

Numb

@sasuke why do you play every character i hate? one ling and lee were not enough so the brought clones to be double as annoying to me as a team. i would prefer facing laws or capos any day

sasuke_91

Good games. If there's anything you want to know about the characters I play, ask here. I don't like typing in the Tekken chat since it's so slow and limited.

I have to go into practice mode and look through their movelist. I never know when their strings end. Any moves I should be particularly careful about? I'm talking about Dragunov and Zafina.

@sasuke why do you play every character i hate? one ling and lee were not enough so the brought clones to be double as annoying to me as a team. i would prefer facing laws or capos any day
You will be very happy to know that I play both the original and the clone characters :p
Hwoarang/Steve, Xiaoyu/Leo, Jin/Violet and Miharu/Lee. Which means that there's no team you will like to play against...

GrayFoxPL

Sasuke, check out "Jin's confidence" series from pro Jin player, very useful.

Zafina.

Dragunov.

seems like you are more suited to use mokujin. any time i get half the other cast i dont want i cringe.

I have terrible memory. I need time to slowly remind myself how to play that character. When I'm switching just like that I'm inputing tag combos for wrong characters automatically, lol.

Hmm... I guess NeoGaf was only down most of the day for me. Odd

I am not sure ATL ever really got into TTT2 to start with. I mean I am only a few hours drive, but each time I mentioned going down there. An ATL buddy I know would talk me out of it, explaining to me how dead it was for Tekken. Clint and ATL veterans appeared to have hated TTT2 not long after release. I don't know how it is now or Tekken 7, but I know Lucky Chloe wasn't a happy time.

GrayFoxPL beating sasuke_91 15 times in a row is being mean? You are better than me. I had my beginnings in the arcade. Was blessed to be able to spend $20 or more per weekend (it was a half of a dollar to play a game). However, I went home to celebrate maybe one win a weekend for a year and half of going nearly every weekend. I either was just that terrible or Ling Xiaoyu was a heck of a character to pick being a newbie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom