• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Terrorist attack at Charlie Hebdo magazine. 12 dead. 11 wounded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fffs how many do we have to say that these terrorists are most of the time 3rd or 4th generation citizens.

It's not new immigrants who are making these attacks. These are thugs who have no education at all, who grew up in ghettos around big cities, who used to deal drugs and spend their days smoking weed. One day then end up in prison and get radicalized and become terrorists. Most of them have the same story.

That is a curious interpretation of the gate theory of drugs.

Mohonky

This is Germany going from "we don't have special forces" to the above in like a few years btw

Yes well, people tend to get a bit nervy by the idea of Germans having special forces, something about some special forces in the 30's and 40's probably left a bitter taste in the mouths of many.

cwmartin

Fffs how many do we have to say that these terrorists are most of the time 3rd or 4th generation citizens.

It's not new immigrants who are making these attacks. These are thugs who have no education at all, who grew up in ghettos around big cities, who used to deal drugs and spend their days smoking weed. One day then end up in prison and get radicalized and become terrorists. Most of them have the same story.

From one sweeping generalization to the next, great start.

Guy.brush

This is Germany going from "we don't have special forces" to the above in like a few years btw

Yeah crazy. Also crazy how closely related this was to the Chancellor's office and what they did there. In that way it really was like a 24 style plot.

valkyre

Simple. By a bullet to the head.

That is not simple and it certainly isnt ending anything. On the contrary I would say that it fuels hatred from both sides even more.

When someone is determined to end his life for some retarded cause, there is little you can do.

This thing runs deep and cannot be ended with bullets. It is a matter of education, quality of life and many other things.

lenos16

Through education and integration, not isolation and bigotry. Well, that's for the home-grown variety.

Integration only works if there are two willing parties. Besides this is only a longterm solution and won't do jack to stop any terror attacks in the next few years. The education line also implies that these home grown terrorists didn't have access to education in France (or any other European country), which is just not true. We've had defectors calling and terrorizing their former school mates last year.

ICKE

Banned
I really hope this situation is solved quickly, because soon other disenfranchised people might feel like this is their window to cause some havoc and have revenge.

Even if this is not true, why are reporters tweeting this stuff? "Hey terrorists, just so you know, the police are attacking soon. I'll tweet again when they give the go."

"Hey guys, it looks like they are going to make the second story, east side window the main entrance. Will update when I get some pics"

Shito

Even if this is not true, why are reporters tweeting this stuff? "Hey terrorists, just so you know, the police are attacking soon. I'll tweet again when they give the go."
After all of this mess is sorted out, there will have to be a good look taken at the journalists and the way they have treated this situation up until now.
They are making so many stupid things that are complicating the police job that there needs to be a wake-up call at some point.

The CSA has just issued this:
Face aux événements tragiques que connaît actuellement le pays, le Conseil supérieur de l’audiovisuel invite les télévisions et les radios à agir avec le plus grand discernement, dans le double objectif d’assurer la sécurité de leurs équipes et de permettre aux forces de l’ordre de remplir leur mission avec toute l’efficacité requise.

Translation:

Facing the tragic events currently occurring in the country, the Conseil supérieur de l'audiovisuel invites television and radio networks to act with the utmost discretion, the objective is double : maintain security of their crew and allow the police forces to fulfill its mission with all necessary efficiency.

I wish it was true...

fanboi

Banned
After all of this mess is sorted out, there will have to be a good look taken at the journalists and the way they have treated this situation up until now.
They are making so many stupid things that are complicating the police job that there needs to be a wake-up call at some point.

Yeah.

Wasn't there some similiar stuff in Canada? One reporter even justifying it.

Dilly

Banned

Result of the digital age.

The Associated Press ‏@AP 44s44 seconds ago
BREAKING: Police order all shops closed in famed Jewish neighborhood in central Paris far from attacks.

Stolen from reddit: album of Arabic cartoonists' responses:

http://imgur.com/a/zd5rl/

Some really good ones!

These are really good! Awesome to see

They are, really liked this one:

cBFFVBJ.jpg

"But... he called me a terrorist!"

Probably because European intelligence agencies have been successful in keeping them disorganized and defunded to a large extent? Completely conjecture, but that seems the most likely explanation.

There have been many foiled plots over the years, many go unnoticed and will be in the news for a while, there was going to be a 9/11 attack with people blowing themselves up on multiple planes at the same time which intelligence agencies stopped.

pulsemyne

The raid mentioned above also had heavy coordination with the SAS. They even praised the german team with a "They were pretty good."

Alx

Cucurbitacée;146651033 said:
The CSA has just issued this:

Translation:

I wish it was true...

Yeah I wish they had the common sense to do that... but they like so much to have "BREAKING !" updates. :/

Living extremely close to the Boston Bombing situation, I can tell you that this will not change.

Doczu

Gold Member
That is not simple and it certainly isnt ending anything. On the contrary I would say that it fuels hatred from both sides even more.

When someone is determined to end his life for some retarded cause, there is little you can do.

This thing runs deep and cannot be ended with bullets. It is a matter of education, quality of life and many other things.

That is simple. If after all these years some people just don't want to adapt, and they are "educating" far more people that it is great to die a glorious death because of reasons, then what other option do you have left? Leave them be? Lock them up? And what will happen the moment you shoot a terrorist? Who will be mad? Only those who support these people. At least you will know how many you will have to face. You just show to them you don't fuck around with people waving guns and killing other.

cwmartin

Yeah I wish they had the common sense to do that... but they like so much to have "BREAKING !" updates. :/

It's proven time and time again that's what readership wants. We tend to accept a few false positives if you give us a cookie every once in awhile. They want us to remember who gave them that cookie.

potam

Banned
The police have ordered all shops in a Jewish neighborhood (lemarie or something?) to close.

edit: I think it was Le Marais they said.

Mimosa97

B66XKhqCUAATT3h.jpg

https://twitter.com/lepenjm/status/553546024560889856/photo/1

This was posted by the founder of the far-right political party Le Front National with a picture of his daughter and actual president and presidential candidate Marine Le Pen. Polls shows she'll get 25% of votes at the next presidential elections. But in every case scenario she'd lose at the second round of voting (2 candidates gets through to the second round).

Once classy. Always classy ...

People are fucking dying and taken hostage and this guy is probably jumping around and dancing in his home. Makes me want to throw up.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
B66XKhqCUAATT3h.jpg

This was posted by the founder of the far-right political party Le Front National with a picture of his daughter and actual president and presidential candidate Marine Le Pen. Polls shows she'll get 25% of votes at the next presidential elections. But in every case scenario she'd lose at the second round of voting (2 candidates gets through to the second round).

People are fucking dying and taken hostage and this guy is probably jumping around and dancing in his home. Makes me want to throw up.

Trash.

Joni

She doesn't get on with her father so she might not support it.

The Le Pen thing is dumb as there's literally nothing she offers that would have helped prevent this.
"I don't like Muslims" doesn't automatically imply "I have plans to prevent radicalization and get rid of radicals".

Horrible. On the eve of shabbat too...
There's this awesome legendary falafel deli there where there are always 50 tourists waiting, no more falafels for today. :(

(This message brought to you by the falafel support community)

B66XKhqCUAATT3h.jpg

this will backlash I hope.
old man is loosing his shit.

Kabouter

Well, it's not like you would expect Jean-Marie Le Pen to be sad about Jewish people being killed, anti-semitic asshole that he is and all.

iceatcs

Hmm, both terrorist were dope smokers, That's interesting.

Just like one of my old asian friend. Used be dope dealers, then sudden stop everything like booze, sex, drug after visit 2 month some where in North Africa.

Tugatrix

B66XKhqCUAATT3h.jpg

Disgusting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom