• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Terrorist attack at Charlie Hebdo magazine. 12 dead. 11 wounded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xando

fickhLq.png

UNuWnxl.png

sp7gVjg.png

I see you've come back to this thread to derail it for the 3rd time.

B66XKhqCUAATT3h.jpg

https://twitter.com/lepenjm/status/553546024560889856/photo/1

This was posted by the founder of the far-right political party Le Front National with a picture of his daughter and actual president and presidential candidate Marine Le Pen. Polls shows she'll get 25% of votes at the next presidential elections. But in every case scenario she'd lose at the second round of voting (2 candidates gets through to the second round).

Once classy. Always classy ...

People are fucking dying and taken hostage and this guy is probably jumping around and dancing in his home. Makes me want to throw up.

You know the saddest part ? You are right. She's the only one who's actually been working her ass off and it paid. She has a very dangerious trail of very nasty and racist people behind her (legacy of her father's party) but it's still a political force to not take lightly. And now Hollande is all time low, she will jump on these events and she will only get out stronger. There is no way she won't be in the second turn.

And it sickens me because it's a victory of orchestrated fear and populism

fanboi

Banned
Apperantly, yesterday another police officer (on an high way) was shoot but was quickly dissmised of being related...

But now they say the person doing this was part of a losley connected group that the Brothers where in.

From Swedish Television just now.

Hmm, both terrorist were dope smokers, That's interesting.

Just like one of my old asian friend. Used be dope dealers, then sudden stop everything like booze, sex, drug after visit 2 month some where in North Africa.
Its an identity crisis. Not French, not Maghrebi. aimless in life. Find a philosophy and 'purpose' in radical Islam which tells them they are part of a special family.

Mimosa97

She doesn't get on with her father so she might not support it.

The only reason why she doesn't get on with her father anymore is because he's still making anti-semitic statements from time to time that cause a shitstorm and hurt her reputation.

She even went on to say that she was french jews best defense. So she had to cut ties with him in appearences. Cause yeah, behind all that, she still sends him on tours around France to gather votes because he's still very popular among historical voters. And he's still being elected as a Front national representative and is the party's president of honor.

Shito

You know the saddest part ? You are right. She's the only one who's actually been working her ass off and it paid. She has a very dangerious trail of very nasty and racist people behind her (legacy of her father's party) but it's still a political force to not take lightly. And now Hollande is all time low, she will jump on these events and she will only get out stronger. There is no way she won't be in the second turn.

As of today, yeah, everything is here for a Sarko / Le Pen second turn, and thus an easy victory for Sarko.
But its politics: everything changes up so fast at times that one can never be sure. The elections are still a million years ahead, in politics time.

Xando

are you trying to mod me out of this thread for expressing my free speech with tweets related to this?

No it's just that the first thread went to shit after you derailed it, same thing yesterday. If you want to discuss the hypocrisy of western media or the role of islam in western nations you can make a thread about it. This thread is about the attacks of the last three days.

No it's just that the first thread went to shit after you derailed it, same thing yesterday. If you want to discuss the hypocrisy of western media or the role of islam in western nations you can make a thread about it. This thread is about the attacks of the last three days.

After I derailed it?

E-phonk

Banned
Apperantly, yesterday another police officer (on an high way) was shoot but was quickly dissmised of being related...

But now they say the person doing this was part of a losley connected group that the Brothers where in.

From Swedish Television just now.
You mean the shooting of the female police officer? That is indeed connected.The person who did it is now keeping people hostage in paris.

cwmartin

Very eerie similar to someone I know. Used be black gang wannabe, now he has beard and dress this stuff, little radical on women.

I'll speak for myself when I say I don't know what on earth you're implying, but its neither appropriate for this thread, or well thought out.

RK9039

There's has been a lot of hypocrisy in the press, starting with the newspapers claiming "je suis Charlie Hebdo", yet censoring the cartoons out of fear.

Exactly, seems to be happening a lot here in the UK. These tabloid newspapers are shitty, but everyone knows this already.

iceatcs

Its an identity crisis. Not French, not Maghrebi. aimless in life. Find a philosophy and 'purpose' in radical Islam which tells them they are part of a special family.

I think you are right, I remember he was so depressed that he can't get women he like.

Even if this is not true, why are reporters tweeting this stuff? "Hey terrorists, just so you know, the police are attacking soon. I'll tweet again when they give the go."

During the Falklands War, the BBC broadcast an imminent attack on an Argentinian position, which ended up being one of the major battles of the conflict (Goose Green). The Argentinians actually thought it was some sort of deception, they couldn't believe that something like that would go out on air.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Third one is wrong I think. It'd be horrible world to live in if all religions weren't free to be mocked and accepted to be mocked. Especially in Europe where religious belief itself is slowly fading away as a institution

The first one is an A grade straw man. The third one is just risible pap. The one in the middle makes a damn fine point.

Mimosa97

I agree with you 100%.

And i knew most of my friends won't even be voting in 2017 cause they are desperate. They not our actual president is shit, they know the right-wing futur candidate will be shit too but they don't see themselves voting for Le Pen. So they'll just stay home ...

I agree with the fact that she's working her butt off and she's the only who's proposing something new ... Even know when you dig a bit you see there's not much behind. And yeah she isn't the one who scares me, it's those behind her who scare me.

iceatcs

I'll speak for myself when I say I don't know what on earth you're implying, but its neither appropriate for this thread, or well thought out.

Nothing I'm just amazing how Islam can change personal completely in short term. Just happened to one of my old friend.

nynt9

Aaand successfully derailed in just a couple of posts. This guy is an expert.

Can we get back to the topic at hand? Are there any updates?

liger05

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/jan/9/abu-saad-al-ansari-islamic-state-brags-we-did-pari/

The Islamic State has taken responsibility for the terror attacks in Paris and vowed, watch out Britain and America — you’re next.

“We started with the France operation for which we take responsibility,” said cleric Abu Saad al-Ansari in a sermon in Mosul, an Iraqi city now under the control of the Islamic State, Haaretz reported.

He went on, with this stark warning: “Tomorrow will be in Britain, America and others,” Fox News reported.

Mr. al-Ansari said the warning was “to all countries participating in the [U.S.-led] coalition that has killed Islamic State members,” Haaretz reported.

Retired U.S. Lt. Gen. Thomas McInerney told Fox News that he didn’t necessarily think that the Islamic State had orchestrated the Paris attack, just because of al-Ansari’s statement, and that the group may be saying that as a propaganda tool.

The Paris terror attacks at the satirical Charlie Hebdo newspaper left 12 dead. One suspect has turned himself in to authorities; two other suspects are surrounded by SWAT and military officials at a printing complex in Dammartin-en-goele, holding at least one hostage.

Still not sure whether this was IS. Specifically targeting the cartoonists and not just anyone in sight when they are saying anyone among the coalition is fair game seems off.

Kabouter

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/jan/9/abu-saad-al-ansari-islamic-state-brags-we-did-pari/

Still not sure whether this was IS. Specifically targeting the cartoonists and not just anyone in sight when they are saying anyone among the coalition is fair game seems off.

Well, the attackers themselves supposedly mentioned the Yemeni branch of Al Qaeda rather than IS, so...

Israeli media reports one of the hostages is a six months old baby.

https://twitter.com/mkiewel/status/553561657298141184

Fuck.

E-phonk

Banned

Don't believe it was IS at all - but it's an easy "victory" for them to claim for their followers.

I agree with you 100%.

And i knew most of my friends won't even be voting in 2017 cause they are desperate. They not our actual president is shit, they know the right-wing futur candidate will be shit too but they don't see themselves voting for Le Pen. So they'll just stay home ...

I agree with the fact that she's working her butt off and she's the only who's proposing something new ... Even know when you dig a bit you see there's not much behind. And yeah she isn't the one who scares me, it's those behind her who scare me.

I wish we could appreciate an idea, for what it is, and not for who is purposing it.

Not all UMP ideas are there to fuck workers
Not all PS purposals are delusionals
Not all FN plans are racists or fascists

Sadly only FN is kicking hard enough to make people beleive they can change thing even if it's delusional (getting out of EU and Euro, really ?) but hey... I won't derail this into a french political thread. Sorry already

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I think French police can just play the waiting game now.

I wonder if the fact that the woman surrendered herself might influence Coulibaly in doing so too. Or he will make the first radical move seeing that the brothers are not freed.

potam

Banned

And I heard them saying that IS only sent out a ~24 second radio broadcast about it...basically reporting news rather than bragging. Plus, they referred to them as jihadis, which is apparently a neutral term, rather than mujahideen, which is what they call themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom