• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 12th Annual GDC Awards and 14th Annual IGF Awards: Streaming Online @ 6:30 PST

milesdm

Shame Journey hasn't appeared in any of these awards. Seriously best looking game.

(and at least Rayman was nominated)

Yamibito

Rayman is amazing looking sure but the last chapters of Uncharted 3 were stunning- I'd be fine with either winning.

mollipen

Game's been finished since around November last year -- and the six months before that was tweaking as a result of playtesting at events. If I'm correct, it was denied cert. the first time round back then because Microsoft thought the cutscenes could trigger off epilepsy. So, eh.
And none of that changes the fact that it isn't out yet, and I don't think the biggest award should be going to a game not even out.

But I also have a personal beef now, so hey.

Yamibito

And none of that changes the fact that it isn't out yet, and I don't think the biggest award should be going to a game not even out.

It's like Phil Fish murdered your cat or something- get over it holy shit.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I'm amazed by how competent this awards show is. I'm actually enjoying it. It's not even embarrassing... I guess it can be done, so long as Spike isn't involved.

stupei

Dark Souls robbed. :(

Game design seemed like its best shot at actually winning anything. Tragedy! Travesty!

But I liked Portal 2, so whatever. It also means GAF opinion is on the same wavelength as the game development community! Or something.

Skyrim in best tech category again... smh

Skyrim and no Witcher 2. That's a little laughable.

milesdm

Well, Fez trivia aside, two-thirds (or thereabouts) of the nominees were unreleased. But yeah, for convenience sake games should probably be released in the preceding year as a rule of thumb.

Also, so much Mega64. And yay, S&S.

Duderz

Banned
This is a pretty good awards show - what's the difference though between this and AIAS? I always thought that was the "highest" industry awards show.

sixghost

I love how ridiculous the footage for Joust is, on account of how weird it is.

"Here's a shaky cam video of guys holding move controllers"

Top Bottom