• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Carolina Reaper Madness tortilla chip: so spicy it's being sold as a single chip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Binabik15

As someone who JUST diluted regular hot chili sauce because I don't like the burning sensation and was pretty heated after eating a single slice of a hot pepper for a couple of mins I freely admit that I'm not great at handling capsaicin.

I would totally buy this for the packing though.

nded

These things are painful to eat

350-525424__1.jpg

I tried these and they were more salt than spice.

Culex

Banned
I would try it.

My stomach doesn't do well anymore with spicy food but I cannot help myself. My wife thinks I'm insane.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
I've had a small piece of a dried reaper at the NYC Hot Sauce Fest a few years ago but honestly I found the small pieces I've had of the jolokia (ghost chili) and Trinidad scorpion to be even hotter for me.

Red

ITT:
People who don't enjoy spicy foods ridicule those who do, but act like it's the other way around.

So $5 for a box with one chip that isn't even as strong as the real thing.

Or...

You can spend $10 to get the seeds and grow your own. Hmmm...

velociraptor

FUCK you. My Barber almost fucked me all up because I busted out laughing at this comment.

Why are you using your phone while getting a haircut

Honestly I don't understand why people are always on the internet

In the bathroom? gotta use the phone
Barbers? gotta use the phone
Dying? gotta use the phone

Spicey food obsessed people can be so hilarious sometimes.
"Whatever, these aren't spicey, I regularly dice up the peppers into a cocaine like consistency and shove it in my dickhole. Then I have a crackhead suck it out and spit it in my eye. And that barely burns. I don't think these will even challenge me. I have destroyed my ability to taste things long ago, send help, Jesus weeps."

https://youtu.be/L24pcL5wnLQ?t=4m37s

Fox Mulder

I want to get this now after trying their ghost pepper chips. I bought them at a regular grocery store thinking they'd be weak like everything else mainstrean, but they are fucking legit.

rrs

I want to get this now after trying their ghost pepper chips. I bought them at a regular grocery store thinking they'd be weak like everything else mainstrean, but they are fucking legit.
yeah, those chips are hot already although the consistency of said chips aren't consistent

Man God

Non-Canon Member
A decently hot and surprisingly delicious chip I've had recently are the hot chips in Doritos Roulette. Frito-Lay has actually released other quite decently hot chips in the past decade, but none of them last.

FStop7

Banned
Tried some Carolina Reaper seeds a few months back. I actually didn't have too much trouble handling the heat. It upset my stomach for the rest of the evening though.

Ghost Peppers actually have a pretty good taste to them. A little bit smoky at first before the heat kicks in, it's hard to explain.

Ghost pepper does taste good. I've tried ghost pepper+cheddar popcorn and it's awesome, though blazing hot. I'd totally like a low heat version with the same smoky flavor.

Acinixys

Habaneros arent even that bad

I once ate a whole raw one on a dare at work. It was like 20 mins max of burn and then I was fine

They cant expect people to pay the price of a whole KFC/McDs meal for one measly chip

FStop7

Banned
These things are painful to eat

350-525424__1.jpg

I just tried these. There is nothing to them. Zero heat. Lots of salt, though.

There's probably something interesting to be learned about why something like these chips would cause such strong reactions from some people and none from others.

Leunam

Who's idiotic enough to pay $5 for ONE chip? The box is dope though.

Collectors.

People collect crazy spicy bottles of hot sauce just to display or as a conversation piece. This is marketed towards a smaller audience and as a curiosity and not quite something you grab off the shelf at a gas station. I think it's pretty cool.

edbrat

I got some pork scratchings from Amazon spiked with ghost pepper, they are legit spicy after less than 5 small scratchings the burn kicks off bigtime. Takes multiple sittings to finish them but they are really good with beer and even though they burn, they are moreish. Make sure you have some of that moist toilet paper for the dump after eating this kind of thing. Stick them in the fridge if you remember early enough. At worst stick your conventional toilet roll in the freezer.

They're here, much cheaper than the five buck chip:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00KP923VU/

Fox Mulder

I just tried these. There is nothing to them. Zero heat. Lots of salt, though.

There's probably something interesting to be learned about why something like these chips would cause such strong reactions from some people and none from others.

Yeah, not hot at all at least for me.

Who's idiotic enough to pay $5 for ONE chip? The box is dope though.

It's a novelty. They want people to get their brand out there, they do make better Doritos style chips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom