• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Championships 2012 at [WIMBLEDON]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peru

Yep, physically not there anymore. It's a bit sad, on her best days this year she has been able to fight with good opponents, but can't be consistently on. Looked tired today.

Can't help but wonder about the effects of Sjogren's syndrom.

MIMIC

Banned
Venus needs to just go on and retire. At 32, she isn't going to get any better, especially since she's been having to deal with Sjogren's Syndrome. Not great to see such a Wimbledon phenom go out in the 1st round in straights.

MIMIC

Banned
Great tiebreak from Gulbis & Berdych so far. Hopefully Ernests comes through ^_^

EDIT: And he takes the 1st set 7-6(5). w00t

Peru

Triple

Breadsticks.JPG

Boozeroony

I still think Sharapova is cute, after all these years.

fake edit: Damn, she is only 25 y/o. Thought she was 28 or so already.

mcfrank

Those look tasty. Good beginning for Fed, who often gets off to a slow start. Fed winning and retaking #1 would be so amazing. Should be a great 2 weeks.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Another boringfest expected in ATP, go WTA!

Unless Hass wins.

Hass won't get close. Men's tennis is ridiculously predictable (and has been for years now). The semi-finals will be Fed, Nole, Rafa and a mystery opponent to be routed.

Peru always has the best avatars...

Bigfoot

Hass won't get close. Men's tennis is ridiculously predictable (and has been for years now). The semi-finals will be Fed, Nole, Rafa and a mystery opponent to be routed.

Nadal likely has Kohlschreiber or Haas 3rd round. Either of those guys has a chance against Nadal on grass, even if Wimbledon is much slower than the grass at Halle. Fourth round Nadal will likely play his bum buddy Lopez so no problem there. However, he could play Tsonga or Fish in the quarters. Tsonga took out Fed last year and I think Tsonga has a good chance of taking out Nadal.

Who does the draws for Wimbledon each year???

If Isner wins this match, and Mahut wins his, they play each other in the second round? Do we really need another chapter in that matchup? ;p

Obligatory:
krustystrawberries.jpg

I had stopped watching Tennis for a couple of years (other than just watching the highlights here and there), but with Raonic coming on like he has the last year or so Ive really started to enjoy it again. Here is hoping he has a good run!

They're random.

Well, I know they're supposed to be, but I really think they secretly screw with some the unseeded players in an attempt to create interesting match-ups.

Isner/Falla is going to five sets. If Isner wins, he'll probably get into another 5 setter in the second round, then lose the third round due to exhaustion (or have to retire). Same as like, every other year. :( So frustrating

Saty

LOL at Gulbis' post match interview. "I'm happy I didn't choke as usual"

lol yes. and him saying he already lost to 2 players he may meet in the next rounds, when the interviewer tried to say that he can have an easy way forward against those qualifiers.

IISANDERII

I always thought Gulbis was an underachiever and today I learned he's the richest player on tour. Maybe that has something to do with it.
LOL at Gulbis' post match interview. "I'm happy I didn't choke as usual"
Heh, yeah that facetious attitude makes more sense now.

Peru

Feel-good end to the day with Heather Watson closing out a comfortable win after being moved to Center Court. Of course Benesova on grass is a gift to play against, but still solid.

clemenx

Banned
Goddamn, I misspelled Haas on the post I made this morning and it has bugged me the whole day, sucks I can't access GAF at work, lolol.

Lol Isner, Lol Berdych, Yay Vesnina! That's my summary of the day.

Jay Sosa

Goddamn, I misspelled Haas on the post I made this morning and it has bugged me the whole day, sucks I can't access GAF at work, lolol. .

I thought it was on purpose.

Just seeing a potential 2nd round matchup with Mahut probably scared the shit out of Isner.

I really like Isner but my god his groundstrokes were hilariously bad yesterday. Falla didn't even have to do anything but keep the ball in play. Plus he kept going for the lines and winners for no obvious reason, its' not like Falla could've hurt him in any way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom