• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The CW's Crazy Ex-Girlfriend - created by Rachel Bloom, Mondays 8/7c

It was a really good spoof of a lot of EDM. I'm slowly finding things to relate to with every fucking character, Josh and Darryl are now on the list... I might need help.

I would like to claim responsibility for the rating high but I didn't even watch live Monday. =\

JCX

Daryl and White Josh.

Xy6eTdL.gif

The new power couple of the series.

Having a fe people over was too real like most song on this show.

Daryl is adorable. Probably the only secondary character I wasn't completely sold on until this episode.

Now I just need more characterization from the likes of Hector and Karen. :p

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I just don't want neighbor girl to be hurt. I've liked her for a while but in the Christmas episode she skyrocketed near the top of my favorite characters.

ed5fe2cqyyiqjkj8dwnx.gif

This GIF has additional layers now, I think.

Also, I'm definitely more of a fan of "Put Yourself First"

"It's a wormhole / It's a Möbius strip / It's snake eats tail / It's the infinity sign / Get a tattoo of the infinity sign / On your lower back, just for yourself."

ivysaur12

Banned
Also, I'm definitely more of a fan of "Put Yourself First"

"It's a wormhole / It's a Möbius strip / It's snake eats tail / It's the infinity sign / Get a tattoo of the infinity sign / On your lower back, just for yourself."

I've been listening to this all week.

This episode has been fantastic.

That Textmergency song is driving me nuts because I know it's a take on another song but I can't remember and all I can think of is Urgent by Foreigner.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Presidents Day

That's not a thing!! People don't travel and be with family and gorge themselves on too much food because of Presidents Day. At best, they go buy a mattress.

Hell, today is Propose Day. And yet, implausibly, a new episode aired tonight — and I'll bet, against all odds, people watched.

I damn near fell off the couch when Donna and her husband were doing the theme song. I wondered why they cold opened the show and then - boom. GENIUS.

wait, is CEG skipping next Monday?
Presidents Day
Grammys, not even the CW wants to compete with that.
That's not a thing!! People don't travel and be with family and gorge themselves on too much food because of Presidents Day. At best, they go buy a mattress.

Hell, today is Propose Day. And yet, implausibly, a new episode aired tonight — and I'll bet, against all odds, people watched.

That's always when the best sales are. I should buy one just because.

That was a funny line in an otherwise horrifyingly real as hell of a song. Self-loathing is a helluva thing when you double down on it.

Glad to see it didn't end happily though, to be honest.

Oh that, I know...

I didn't expect it to, her lies were destined to blow up in her face. I just kind of expected them to get back as Scott was using Rebecca's bathroom and get beaten up, classic comedy "misunderstanding".

But Paula and Scott have a new spark in their relationship!

jerry113

Banned
lol i was wondering why there were no opening credits this week (not just me right?). Paula & Scott gave us it! 27 minutes in. I died.

For a comedy show they do suspense really well. Jesus that rock.

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
That was a funny line in an otherwise horrifyingly real as hell of a song. Self-loathing is a helluva thing when you double down on it.

Glad to see it didn't end happily though, to be honest.

That song was amazing. This show keeps one-upping itself.

Zoe

The songs (including the opening "reprise") were on point this week!

I'm glad to see things finally didn't work out in the end for Rebecca.

Yeah, that was a funny little bit.

Show's getting too awkward now, though, I can't take it
Yeah, during the scene of ultimate Josh rock realization, I literally had to pause my DVR, watch some Judge Judy, and then return a half hour later.

I can't take it
lol.gif

ivysaur12

Banned
Best episode of the season. So fucking funny -- Paula and her husband doing the opening was AMAZING.

You Stupid Bitch was so fucking amazing. You poopy little slut!

beat

this is a really tremendous joke: "Please, Mister Brah was my father. Call me Father Brah."

JCX

Wow, this is a perfect TV episode. The songs all were great. Really good jokes in dialogue too. This may be the one I'd show people to convince them to watch. It almost felt like a pilot in a way.

That was by far the best episode of the series yet. It hit all the character points, was funny as hell, and the songs were fantastic. It was so great to finally see Rebecca not get away with it and face the consequences.

And just wait for the shitstorm when Velveeta finds the letter that Josh has.

That was a near flawless half hour of television. When Scott asked what the deal was with Rebecca, I thought, "man, it would be awesome if they did the open here," and then they did, and I literally stood up and clapped like a happy fool at the TV screen.

Has Paula come to the realization yet that she's enabling Rebecca? I feel like everyone has had their come to Jesus moment with Rebecca except for her.

Also, I hope we see more of Briga Heelan.

YO. Did the Happily Ever After rocks literally shatter her chance at happily ever after with Josh?

God, I love this show.

Paula is a major shipper, they never recognize just how batshit they can be when it comes to that sort of thing. Though maybe if Paula becomes less of a lonely, sexually frustrated housewife she'll start seeing more clearly.

Top Bottom