• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The CW's Crazy Ex-Girlfriend - created by Rachel Bloom, Mondays 8/7c

Oof, those Reader Comments:

The show is not at all funny and the character is very unappealing, just like Lena Dunham in 'Girls' - I could not make it through even one episode of that show on an eight hour flight.

Both shows are incredibly depressing, as they are about immature messed up women who seem to have no goals in life outside of their desperate attempts to 'snare' a not-at-all-worth-it man.

I was all set to read about a new female comedian, but after the first paragraph with anal waxing and blood, I've decided maybe I'm just too old for this.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/24/magazine/make-em-laugh.html

Huge piece on Rachel Bloom in the NY Times. Read it. It's amazing.

24mag-bloom-3-blog427.jpg

Wait, wut:

Glazer being Ilana Glazer.
Thanks for the link.

I only knew about this show from browsing Filipino GAF and wanted to make fun of the fact that the first Filipino lead actor in Hollywood is basically in a musical buuut

Holy fuck this show is amazing. Hits waaaay too close for comfort sometimes. Especially that Ep with Dr Phil.

Also I have "I have friends" stuck in my head from time to time

The description for episode 11 airing on February 8th is out.
CRAZY EX-GIRLFRIEND
“That Text Was Not Meant for Josh!”
— (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, DL) (HDTV)
REBECCA ACCIDENTLY SENDS A REVEALING TEXT TO JOSH — Rebecca (Rachel Bloom) mistakenly sends Josh (Vincent Rodriguez III) a text meant for Paula (Donna Lynne Champlin) and takes drastic measures to ensure he never sees it. Meanwhile, Paula and her husband (guest star Steve Monroe) attempt to rekindle their relationship, only to be thwarted by Rebecca. Santino Fontana, Pete Gardner and Vella Lovell also star.
Daisy Mayer directed the episode written by Elisabeth Kiernan Averick (#111). Original airdate 2/8/2016.

They only put the first three episodes back up for a week, they're getting pulled down again along with the fourth episode since they only leave up the five most recent episodes so it'll also be gone episode nine is put up late tonight/early tomorrow.

I am also disappointed in the complete lack of response from my "Facebook friends" to a post I made on my page about the show, granted I don't have a lot of people on there but I'm disappointed none the less.

They only put the first three episodes back up for a week, they're getting pulled down again along with the fourth episode since they only leave up the five most recent episodes so it'll also be gone episode nine is put up late tonight/early tomorrow.

I am also disappointed in the complete lack of response from my "Facebook friends" to a post I made on my page about the show, granted I don't have a lot of people on there but I'm disappointed none the less.
Did you post the link to any of the songs? The sexy getting ready song and feeling kinda naughty seem like the best ways to spark a little interest. Sex with a stranger is also pretty effective if you know the person engages in casual sex.

jerry113

Banned
it must be pretty interesting going from posting youtube videos to winning a golden globe and a critic's choice award in the span of three years

About tomorrow's episode.
Inside Crazy Ex-Girlfriend:
I'm Going to the Beach with Josh and His Friends!

Did you post the link to any of the songs? The sexy getting ready song and feeling kinda naughty seem like the best ways to spark a little interest. Sex with a stranger is also pretty effective if you know the person engages in casual sex.

I have before, never got a single response. >_< It doesn't help that I don't have very many people on Facebook and never actively add a lot of others that I could. Actually I did get a response once mentioning both this and Jane the Virgin but that just resulted in my sexual orientation being questioned. -.-

Zoe

I've never gotten any FB response about it either, even nothing from a few Asian activists who rabidly post about anything Asian :\

dLMN8R

Can someone link me to great Rachel Bloom stuff on YouTube? I never heard of her before this show but would love to see what made her popular on the internet in the first place.

I don't know if I'm going to make it a couple more hours to watch live I've been up since like 3am. I've been going through episodes and made a bunch of GIFs.

I have another taken from the Face Your Fears song where Paula says you can fly while doing that hand motion because I found it maybe a lot funnier than I should have.

Well that went to shit but then not, at least she's finally admitting it to herself that she's in love with Josh, that could be a big step. Though I'm sure her descent isn't over...

I've just caught up with this show. It's honestly super enjoyable, and has way smarter writing than I expected. I really, really like it!

Top Bottom