• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Of Us DLC to premier @ PS4 All Access on Spike TV

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
I think the last tweet would talk more about a ps4 version rather than who you are playing as if there was an actual ps4 port coming.

You guys are only doing this to yourselves. If a ps4 version is announced this week I'll gladly eat crow.

Raoh

Well they said they built TLOU engine so it would work on future hardware without having to rebuild it from scratch... soo....

BELIEVE¡¡¡¡

i'm a belieber¡¡¡

Funny-gif-excited-kid-baby-happy.gif

This..

There's pretty much 3 groups who want it:
1. 360 owner switching to PS4.
2. Someone who has it on PS3 but wants to play it in 1080p/60 FPS.
3. Someone who wasn't bought it yet but would love to play it on PS4.

This. I would also gladly trade up for faster loading. Not so much the in game transitions but that initial load time from insertion of the disc to loading of the game save can be painfully slow. Online multiplayer not so bad at all, loads up very fast but single player game load is slow going.

...And love your avatar Salex...
image.php

Fruitster

I'd buy a PS4 TLoU in a heartbeat, but sadly I don't see it happening. Didn't Naughty Dog dismiss the idea of a PS4 port?

I've purchased DLC maybe 4 or 5 times in total, but this is a game I wouldn't hesitate to lay down money for in terms of extra content. I do hope it's Ishmael as the protag though.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
If there is a PS4 version, I'm not sure I can justify a second purchase. I'm now on my 7th playthrough. If they actually change some of the assets instead of only upressing (better trees and effects for instance) then maybe. If they add in content that was removed such as extra cutscenes or extra levels, then I'll definitely think about it.

If there is a PS4 version, I'm not sure I can justify a second purchase. I'm now on my 7th playthrough. If they actually change some of the assets instead of only upressing (better trees and effects for instance) then maybe. If they add in content that was removed such as extra cutscenes or extra levels, then I'll definitely think about it.

Well that DLC will probably be included in that theoretical PS4 version..

DeadcatXL

Banned
I'd buy TLOU on PS4, no doubt, but i'll watch the DLC online.

Unless they added a new piece of gameplay, i'm not sure why i would have to play the DLC myself.

I'm interested in some sidestory, but not $9.99 interested.

Now if the DLC is interwoven into the main story, then maybe.

cebri.one

Tommy. Game spoiler ->
Maybe we will find out the incident(s) that lead to him separating from his brother years ago and get to play them out.

I'd also be down for some Ish action.

It would be nice to know
Marlene's history too.

Loakum

Banned
I'd buy a PS4 TLoU in a heartbeat, but sadly I don't see it happening. Didn't Naughty Dog dismiss the idea of a PS4 port?

Yeah, they did dismiss it as a PS4 port.... However, they also dismissed
Ellie as being a playable character too

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Well that DLC will probably be included in that theoretical PS4 version..

I'll be buying that for the PS3 version anyway though, and I doubt it will be integrated into the story, although perhaps a flashback moment could be added? They could add many more off the beaten track locations to search and perhaps improve the AI. To me, this game is a masterpiece and the best game I've ever played, so my decision IS based entirely on the fact that I've searched and experienced every nook and cranny of the game.

Epcott

So it's just a DLC after all... no Earth shattering magic that makes TLOU playable on the PS4 (or port). Damnit Gaf, stop getting me excited for things.

But why announce this at a PS4 event?

daveo42

Banned
Nolan North's character.

Not sure if I want to play as that character. That's be one tough character to get players to sympathize with enough to enjoy the experience.

So it's just a DLC after all... no Earth shattering magic that makes TLOU playable on the PS4 (or port). Damnit Gaf, stop getting me excited for things.

But why announce this at a PS4 event?

Sony event and the possibility that ND will announce something else along with the DLC (Uncharted 4 most likely).

Wtf am i reading

dude its a one hour event, trailers are like 2 minutes long max, wtf are you expecting?? Even if one trailer took a 5 min segment that would be 12 different trailers in an hour, if youre expecting megaton after megaton of new exclusives then youre in for a dissapointment

Theres PLENTY of time for other content, u need to calm ur tits m8

I think he makes a good point. I for one feel like Sony should focus on PS4/Vita. You don't want people talking about TLOU DLC instead of the PS4. It also just rubs people who feel like Sony has their first party still tied up with the PS3 when the PS4 is less than a week from launch the wrong way

Edit: I do also believe that showing TLOU is a good advertisement for what Sony first party is capable of. I just wish those first parties were completely focused on the PS4

Raven77

This makes absolutely no sense at all. Why would they have a prominent developer that has shown nothing on PS4 reveal DLC for a PS3 game at the PS4 all access...

"Hey, the PS4 is HERE!!!!!! Also, here is DLC for a PS3 game..."

AAK

Read the second bit.
A port of TLOU fits the bill.. please be true. I'd rebuy it for next gen, such a great game.

They're using the word "franchise" in the second part. TLOU isn't even a franchise yet, only a single entity. The word franchise implies sequel. And then if it's TLOU related, then that means they are helping ND make the sequel which doesn't make much sense IMO.

Top Bottom