• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Of Us DLC to premier @ PS4 All Access on Spike TV

Derrick01

Banned
Not sure if I want to play as that character. That's be one tough character to get players to sympathize with enough to enjoy the experience.

I don't need to sympathize with a character to enjoy his or her development. I want to see how he ended up leading his group to eventually twist into doing some of the really dark shit that's suggested in the game. Hell maybe he was always a sick bastard and just took the opportunity that an apocalypse brings to be a leader.

They're using the word "franchise" in the second part. TLOU isn't even a franchise yet, only a single entity. The word franchise implies sequel. And then if it's TLOU related, then that means they are helping ND make the sequel which doesn't make much sense IMO.

Interesting, Uncharted 4? ;)

Sethista

Friends1.gif

Will get it for PS4 for sure.

I would rather play as David and understand better the mechanics of the story of the town he ran, than Ish.

mrpeabody

I don't need to sympathize with a character to enjoy his or her development. I want to see how he ended up leading his group to eventually twist into doing some of the really dark shit that's suggested in the game. Hell maybe he was always a sick bastard and just took the opportunity that an apocalypse brings to be a leader.

Playing as David would be amazing. So much opportunity for gritty interpersonal drama. How did the community come to accept him and keep him as a leader, given his less savory attributes? Are there some who want to overthrow him? Is he really thinking of his people first or is he addicted to power? Some light base-building aspects would be fascinating as well.

Sadly, I doubt even ND is willing to put out "the game that lets you play as a pedophile".

Stark

Banned
Don't feel Ish requires a playthrough. Would ruin it for me.

Either a completely new character or Tommy/Ellie would be nice.

daveo42

Banned

I don't either, but as a playable character, being able to empathize with that character during their development can make a big difference to the player. Video games are an interesting medium because stories told around a character means that your player will most likely view the game world through the character's point of view and empathize with them. TLoU is a perfect example of this with Joel, even siding with him in his more gruesome times later in the game.

We are already predisposed to hating this character, making it that much harder to want to play as him. I agree seeing his arc would be fantastic, but maybe not as him in particular.

todahawk

Crap, this one stings. Traded my game into Best Buy cause they were giving me $38 for it. It was just part of the transition to Next Gen. It stinks, but I am very excited to see the DLC. I may borrow a copy just to buy the DLC and play it.

UGH.

for the love of naughty dog RE-BUY MOTHERFUCKER

Lol a TLOU ps4 version. Let them dream

5 minutes spent out of an hour on anticipated DLC for one of the most popular games of the year is nothing.

Top Bottom