• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Part II Remastered Announced + Trailer. Release Slated for January 2024

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
And Gravity Rush 2 fans....
y0kv9YX.gif

If there was a PS5 pro and this was it's flagship game with ray tracing and new graphics and shit it would've made sense.
But this absolutely doesn't make any sense on why this was needed

dreamstation

Gold Member
Just an FYI in case people weren't aware - the original game can already be played on next gen. They could have just deployed a patch.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Looks like the strategy for Sony and ND is to release a mainline game during one gen, then release a remastered version next gen, then a new sequel after that during next next gen, etc...

Last of Us 1 = PS3
Last of Us 1 Remastered = PS4
Last of Us Part 1 = PS5

Last of Us 2 = PS4
Last of Us 2 Remastered = PS5

------- we are here

Last of Us 2 Uber Boost edition = PS6

Last of Us 3 = PS5
Last of Us 3 Remastered = PS6
Last of Us 3 Uber Boost Edition = PS7

Last edited:
i dont understand why people are complaining. clearly they are working on 3 projects all at once, small hand full of people on this remaster, multiplayer project and a new IP or LOU3. Do you want a new IP trailer or LOU3 that will be still 2-3 years out like they did with LOU2 or would you rather they announce it and give us a 12 month out release window.

This completes the LOU series on PS5 in it's best form and whenever HBO Season 2 comes out, new fans can jump in and enjoy both remasters in the best way possible. LOU2 on ps4 runs great in 60fps but I always wanted to see it upgraded to faster loading and 4k fidelity.

10 dollars is two latte's at starbucks, give me a fucking break people and aim that negative energy at MW3 and that epic rushed clusterfuck priced at $70

Last edited:

dotnotbot

People forget how "badly" flooded PS3/X360 generation was with mediocre/poor HD remasters. Most of them were effortless lazy upscalling jobs with little to no improvements in other areas, UI and menus often ugly pixelated and stretched to fit 16:9. And first and foremost - no upgrade paths for PS2 disc owners and no backwards compatibility for most of PS3 models except expensive early fat, so you couldn't even play original on new console.

Last edited:
10 quid for the upgrade is sound. Want a PC release as well of course. Probably closer to season 2 of HBO though.

Considering no mention of multiplayer with it that makes me confident Factions is still in development too.

Last edited:
Top Bottom