• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Part II Remastered Announced + Trailer. Release Slated for January 2024

Mister Wolf

I’d pay $20 to get the version where Ellie dies instead of Joel.

OIP.ndjLJHvzS3Wx6v0w4ndyeQHaFi

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Or they could just not fuck over console owners who already bought this by charging us a reasonable $10-$20 upgrade (though it should be free or $10 TOPS)

Bottom line for me is that if its not a significant upgrade, why would I be bothered by how much it costs? I'm not going to feel "fucked over" if the value isn't there for me... I just won't buy it.

Noone is "owed" cheap upgrades forever. If it happens, sweet, but I wouldn't expect it as its already been patched for PS5.

cripterion

I like this upgrade path and I can't understand why they didn't do this for part 1. Ghost of Tsushima, Uncharted 4 and TLOU upgrades on PS5 is ok in my book.

On the opposite side you got Rockstar, not doing a damn thing or charging once again for GTA V...

Also...seems like this was an announcement for TGA for next moth, or close to it, but with the leaks they decided to push the announcement forward:

No multiplayer mode 3+ years later is a fucking disgrace.

The question is whether this will be a 6 month or 12 month delay between the PC version.

If they split Season 2 into 2 parts we could see the first half as soon as January 2025, meaning the PC version coming out January after next makes a lot of sense.

I also think we'll see the online mode launch in time for season 2 and hopefully what they do is allow anyone with TLOUP2R to play online for free and sell the online mode stand-alone for 20 dollars.

I could also see a TLOU Duology released with Parts One and Two and the online mode included for 70 dollars, which would represent 100 dollars in value.

Bumblebeetuna

Gold Member
Where the fuck is my Factions 2.0

I’ll buy this. Idc for Spider-Man so I haven’t really bought shit for my PS5 since SF launched. Intrigued about the survival mode.

$10 upgrade path is a nice touch.

Last edited:

drezz

Wouldnt it have been a good time to put in something PSVR2 Related bonus?

That roughlite thing could've had optional First person for VR?

this might be the least needed remaster of all time, the original still looks better than most of the current-gen games BUT $10 is $10 boi! lol

Again, I wish it was easy to explain things for people and for them to just get it. This is mainly for the PC port, Sony just prioritizes making sure that PS5 gets love before PC. Does it make sense to port a 2020 game to PC or to enhance it more and port it to PC? By the time this comes out on PC the original PS4 version will be more than 4 years old and depending on the timing, it could be as old as 5 years old. And then you'll have people on PC complaining about a full priced game that is 4-5 years old.

If there was a PS5 pro and this was it's flagship game with ray tracing and new graphics and shit it would've made sense.
But this absolutely doesn't make any sense on why this was needed

Think about it this way. When the PS5 Pro comes out, Sony can always go back to add things like RTX to games like this. Capcom added raytracing to RE2.

That's an easy enough win and again because they've remastered the game, they now have the option of doing this and creating more quality content for PS5 Pro when it launches.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Again, I wish it was easy to explain things for people and for them to just get it. This is mainly for the PC port, Sony just prioritizes making sure that PS5 gets love before PC. Does it make sense to port a 2020 game to PC or to enhance it more and port it to PC? By the time this comes out on PC the original PS4 version will be more than 4 years old and depending on the timing, it could be as old as 5 years old. And then you'll have people on PC complaining about a full priced game that is 4-5 years old.
I'm more pissed off about the fact most of us asking for Bloodborne remaster or even simple PS5 patch for YEARS, Sony simply ignores it and instead does another remaster of a game thats not that old.

Last edited:
I'm more pissed off about the fact most of us asking for Bloodborne remaster or even simple PS5 patch for YEARS, Sony simply ignores it and instead does another remaster of a game thats not that old.

Maybe you shouldn't be pissed off.

• Bloodborne didn't sell super well
  • A remaster and even a patch is complicated because Sony doesn't own FromSoftware
  • A patch doesn't really put the game where you'd want it in order to really improve sales significantly and again, and without significant sales improvement why is it worth From's time
  • A remaster or remake makes far more sense than patching a game you gave to everyone for free with PS+ Collection
    • Needs to be worked out within scheduling constraints and would take significantly more time
  • A full-on remaster or remake makes way more sense before bringing a 2015 game to PC
    • It took at least 2 years for Demon's Souls to be remade
    • It probably makes sense to port Demon's Souls to PC before remastering/remaking Bloodborne
      • This would probably take 6 months to a year to do on its own
    • Bluepoint already said they were working on I believe two projects, if you basically take From out of the conversation entirely, you can or should understand why a Bloodborne remaster/remake wouldn't be out yet

Shifty1897

Granted I'm looking on my phone but those graphical improvements they mentioned don't seem very... Improved.
I may or may not pick this up for $10. I honestly don't know if I want to play TLOU2 again, maybe I will before season 2 of the show drops in 2025.

Last edited:

Rac3r

The question is whether this will be a 6 month or 12 month delay between the PC version.

If they split Season 2 into 2 parts we could see the first half as soon as January 2025, meaning the PC version coming out January after next makes a lot of sense.

I also think we'll see the online mode launch in time for season 2 and hopefully what they do is allow anyone with TLOUP2R to play online for free and sell the online mode stand-alone for 20 dollars.

I could also see a TLOU Duology released with Parts One and Two and the online mode included for 70 dollars, which would represent 100 dollars in value.

Well if they're still working on it, then I can accept a later launch that aligns with the show and a PC release; but all the recent talk surrounding Factions makes me unsure. I was really hoping they would just scale down Factions and ship it with a TLOU2 Remaster, and now that dream is dead.

I know one of the lead developers on twitter said they're still working on it, but I need to see it at this point to believe it.

Well if they're still working on it, then I can accept a later launch that aligns with the show and a PC release; but all the recent talk surrounding Factions makes me unsure. I was really hoping they would just scale down Factions and ship it with a TLOU2 Remaster, and now that dream is dead.

I know one of the lead developers on twitter said they're still working on it, but I need to see it at this point to believe it.

LOL, the lead developer (actually game director) isn't enough to believe it?

I believe they have what is probably a largely finished product, but feedback they received probably suggested the monetization wasn't sustainable long term, so they readjusted the release plan, which when coming out in leaks doesn't tell the whole story, especially when people love to spread FUD around Sony and ND.

They probably retooled the monetization, but they don't want to launch the online game at a time when no one is talking about TLOU. It makes sense to market this appropriately. I bet we get a look at the next Sony showcase, maybe a beta in the fall, and a launch in Winter.

This also makes me think we'll have either a spring or summer showcase, likely summer.

skit_data

Ok, it has an upgrade path for previous owners and its definitely worth the asking price IMO.

I'm in.

That survival/roguelike mode has me intrigued because unlike TLOU1 I think TLOU2 has really really nice combat gameplay.

Btw, it's so fucking random they just drop this out of nowhere when they've had some more or less lackluster State of Plays/PS5 showcases in the last 2 years.

Edit: This has the potential to sell quite a lot of copies to people who loved the HBO show, owns a PS5 and for some reason hasn't bought the PS4 version.
I think there might be a few acutally. Say parents that bought the PS5 primarily for their kids but have some experience of playing when they were younger, fell off but really liked the HBO show. Yeah definitely not a huge amount of people but I don't think its impossible there might be people falling into that category. The show was enough of a hit an had good enough critical reception that they must've made a lot more people interested in the franchise than before.

Last edited:

ShakenG

Haven't played part 1 remastered or part 2 at all. "Yeah, im thinking im back!!".

Torrent of Pork Torrent of Pork
They didnt do it with PS4 pro updates so why would they do it now?

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Maybe you shouldn't be pissed off.

• Bloodborne didn't sell super well
  • A remaster and even a patch is complicated because Sony doesn't own FromSoftware
  • A patch doesn't really put the game where you'd want it in order to really improve sales significantly and again, and without significant sales improvement why is it worth From's time
  • A remaster or remake makes far more sense than patching a game you gave to everyone for free with PS+ Collection
    • Needs to be worked out within scheduling constraints and would take significantly more time
  • A full-on remaster or remake makes way more sense before bringing a 2015 game to PC
    • It took at least 2 years for Demon's Souls to be remade
    • It probably makes sense to port Demon's Souls to PC before remastering/remaking Bloodborne
      • This would probably take 6 months to a year to do on its own
    • Bluepoint already said they were working on I believe two projects, if you basically take From out of the conversation entirely, you can or should understand why a Bloodborne remaster/remake wouldn't be out yet
I’m not asking or want remake, I just want simple remaster or just PS5 patch to run smoother FPS….thats it.

I absolutely DO NOT need for Bluepoint to remake it, I like Bloodborne aesthetics too much to see it changed.

I fucking HATE Sony only thinking about what games makes more money! Come fuck on, Bloodborne is pretty damn popular among gamers, it shouldn't be that much of issue of simple remaster.

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member
That "lost levels" addition sounds weird. Content gets cut for a reason.

No return mode on the other hand, oh man. I need it now!

I bet they salvaged some of the stuff initially developed for the TLOU2 MP there.

Top Bottom