• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'The Last of Us: Remastered' coming to PS4, July 2014, [1080p, targeting 60 fps]

HardRojo

TLoU was my favorite game from last year and I've been itching for another playthrough, my PS4 arrived yesterday so I am more than ready.

Wolff

Will double dip for sure. This was one of the most satisfiying games i played in a while.

I just wonder why it can't be 60fps. I know there's no confirmation yet but if it was it would be all over the article.

vg260

Said no one ever.

I said it too, and did a lot of others. It's not a knock on the game itself. I played through and enjoyed the experience. It was fantastic overall, but I didn't have the desire to play through it again. edit: with completely enhanced visuals now, sure.

I kept tweeting Shuhei Yoshida about this. I know he reads comments. Looks like it worked! They did this because 360 only gamers that switched to Ps4 will buy it in droves. Plus they get a chance to play it. Now just need Journey and Beyond.

If it comes out in a few weeks my head will explode. I redboxed it for Ps3 knowing it would come to Ps4. So happy. If its on the store it will be soon. This game is probably 100% complete, and has been for months. What do you guys think?

KKRT00

As much as I love 60fps in games, that Uncharted footage does look weird running at the framerate. The animations just look odd, they were obviously made with 30fps in mind.

I think You need to play more 60fps games. Nothing wrong with animations in 60hz footage.

KalBalboa

Banned
502.gif

This gif always destroys me.

I'm thinking about trading in my PS3 copy today and getting that bonus 50% at Best Buy. I think you can get ~$23 right now for it.

vg260

Apparently it's the only thing that matters now.

It's not the only thing, but in the context of purchasing the game again as an "enhanced" edition, it's a fair point of evaluation. It would add value for a lot of people. Going nutzo over it is another thing entirely.

Dinda

Yay!
No problem for me that it is 60 bucks again. TLoU is easily twice the game that some other games that i also pay 60 for are. So it's absolutely worth 120 for me.

However if it really is 30 fps, than it better drop not a single frame the whole game.

Ilúvatar

Copying this from the original thread in hopes someone might have an answer...

So tempted to do the double-dip... so so tempted. But on that note, can anyone explain how Trophies work in the case of PS3 + PS4 games like Black Flag? Do they count as separate games, or do the trophies from one carry over to the other?

Asking because I already have the Platinum on PS3 and not sure if I want to dedicate time to getting it again for the PS4 version

Skeleton

Banned
I said it too, and did a lot of others. It's not a knock on the game itself. I played through and enjoyed the experience. It was fantastic overall, but I didn't have the desire to play through it again.

I honestly played it then put it down didn't touch multilayer or go for platinum and I heard a rumour it was happening so haven't yet played the DLC which i heard was great!

I'm super stoked to be playing it again as i truly loved it, Although I will hate my friends who were strong enough to hold out till this point who will get to appreciate one of the best games ever for the first time.

I actually hope this ISN'T 60fps. The pace of the game is slow by design, and fast, tight controls would only provide a very small value-add for a game of this nature. I would much rather them go balls to the wall on IQ with a capped 30fps for a game like this.

RulkezX

Anyone know who is doing the port ?

Sony can GTF is they've wasted time a first party studios time on a port that teh majority of PS4 owners have probably played already when their first party line up is utterly barren for 2014.

Interfectum

Ilúvatar;107574371 said:
Copying this from the original thread in hopes someone might have an answer...

So tempted to do the double-dip... so so tempted. But on that note, can anyone explain how Trophies work in the case of PS3 + PS4 games like Black Flag? Do they count as separate games, or do the trophies from one carry over to the other?

Asking because I already have the Platinum on PS3 and not sure if I want to dedicate time to getting it again for the PS4 version

I think it's going to have separate trophies.

LegendX48

Day one! Glad this is real. PS3 version was everything but a pretty game. Hope it goes 60 fps but a stable 30fps would be alright.

Top Bottom