• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'The Last of Us: Remastered' coming to PS4, July 2014, [1080p, targeting 60 fps]

Vashetti

Banned
Confirmed. Druckmann forcing out 60fps.

99102-thats-good-thats-damn-good-gif-hSoD.gif

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I dont understand the anger over having an unlocked framerate.

I would prefer unlocked everytime.

Don't force me to have the framerate locked at 30 if I can get it higher.

I can't believe that Turkish VP for Sony was correct...
Anyways as much as I support this port, especially for ps4 users switching from x360, I will most likely not buy this for my PS4, I have already enjoyed beautiful graphics on the ps3, the dlc and multiplayer was great. It'd be surprising for me to see the engine to run on 60fps, a game like this could easily be enjoyed at a stable 30fps..
Definitely worth 60$ for those that haven't played it yet.

You can't believe a Playstation Vice President was correct about a Playstation product? =p

EBreda

Not going to double dip.

It's a game to be experienced because of its ambientation, mood and (mostly) story, not because of the repetitive gameplay with similar encounters all over the place. Once I completed the game, I never looked back until the DLC recently.

And it's not like it is an ugly game on the PS3, quite the contrary.

I just don't get this trend - remastering perfectly serviceble 1 year old games. Other than the fact it's geared towards new PS users, of course.

hohoXD123

I dont understand the anger over having an unlocked framerate.

I would prefer unlocked everytime.

Don't force me to have the framerate locked at 30 if I can get it higher.

Don't think anyone is angry over an unlocked framerate. It's just the issue of being given the option of locking it if you prefer.

dolabla

I wish that when these game companies announce these "Remastered Edition's" that they would actually show a little gameplay to go along with it. Show us a little tease or something.

They must have really bumped the looks of this game if hitting 60fps is iffy.

not really

The game could barely run at 30 fps at 720 on ps3. It dipped under 30 regularly in the SP. I'd actually be shocked if they could get it at a locked 60 with improved lighting at 1080p on ps4.

The best thing about this isn't even SP though. The MP is unbelievably varied and fantastic. I was sad to let it go when I sold my PS3.

S¡mon;107564219 said:
  • Release: Summer 2014
  • Resolution: 1920 x 1080
  • Framerate: targeting 60 fps source
  • Higher resolution character models
  • Improved shadows and lighting
  • Several other gameplay improvements
  • In-game cinematic commentary from the cast and creative director

What's this? E3 AI reveal trailer now achievable in current-gen systems?

OH FUCKING BOY. BELIEVE. GREATNESS AWAITS!

I hope they're both 60.

And this targeting versus 'locked' thing, almost nothing is perfectly 60fps on consoles, I don't know why people ever expect it.

If the game runs 60 most of the time with occasional dips into the mid to low 50's, that won't be too big of a deal. That's basically what "locked" 60 fps is in the console world.

If it's more like Tomb Raider or KZ:SF, where you have consistent drops into the 40's and even high 30's, that's a different deal. You're probably best off to give the gamer the option to just run at 30 fps if they want to.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Honestly, I wish they (all game devs) would just stop remastering titles.

Honestly, I wish people would quit bitching about this stupid crap.

If you don't want it don't buy it. They're a great way for people who don't have a PS3, but have a PS4 to play it.

They fill in the new release void quite nicely.

They also cost very little to port and tie up little if any studio resources.

Most importantly, NOT RELEASING THEM IS NOT GOING TO MAKE OTHER GAMES COME OUT QUICKER.

The Llama

I feel like this will end up a lot like the TR PS4 version, in terms of how much better it looks and runs. And thats more than enough for me to pick it up (considering, like TR, I've never played it).

alienator

Not sure if this is already brought up, but

If they censor the european version again (no gore in MP)

they can totally *** a **** and ** themselfs.

just dont release it in germany then.

as a side rant, we get horrible screwed in europe with some games thanks to germany.

Sounds fantastic. I'm incredibly jealous of those who have never played the game before; you're in for such a treat.

That said, there's no way I can personally justify spending $70 (CAD). I paid full price on PS3, and played through it twice.

$40 is the sweet spot for me.

A remastered Uncharted series for PS4 is more important than this. Priorities, Naughty Dog!

Uncharted trilogy needs the 1080p60fps treatment, the first one hasn't aged as good as the latter ones. But they should bring it out before UC4 tho, dont want to go from PS4 graphics to PS4 graphics of a PS3 game.

I just don't get this trend - remastering perfectly serviceble 1 year old games. Other than the fact it's geared towards new PS users, of course.
Makes perfect sense from both a business standpoint as well as a gaming standpoing

- it won quite a few awards and sold well. It will allow people to get a better version, kinda like owning a movie on DVD and then upgrading to the Blu Ray version

- it is common knowledge that gamers going from 360 > PS4 is far greater than those going PS3 > Xbox One. As such, a lot of 360 gamers missed out on this game and instead of having to buy a PS3 to play it, they can buy it on their new PS4

StuBurns

Banned
If the game runs 60 most of the time with occasional dips into the mid to low 50's, that won't be too big of a deal. That's basically what "locked" 60 fps is in the console world.

If it's more like Tomb Raider or KZ:SF, where you have consistent drops into the 40's and even high 30's, that's a different deal. You're probably best off to give the gamer the option to just run at 30 fps if they want to.
That might be what 'locked 60fps' is on GAF, but it's not what a ND developer would call it. For all we know, the game will run like that. Saying someone is targeting something doesn't mean they will fail to achieve it.

If it's bouncing around the forties, obviously I think calling for an option cap makes sense, but I think waiting to know if that is the fact makes sense. If it's slipping from time to time, I don't see much point optionally capping it.

jpax

Not sure if this is already brought up, but

If they censor the european version again (no gore in MP)

they can totally *** a **** and ** themselfs.

just dont release it in germany then.

as a side rant, we get horrible screwed in europe with some games thanks to germany.

Was the SP uncensored?

Sweet. Never owned a ps3, so really looking forward to trying this game out. So much good feedback about it and it will be the first naughty dog game nice ever played. Can't wait.

funkypie

Banned
A remastered Uncharted series for PS4 is more important than this. Priorities, Naughty Dog!

Why exactly? GAmes are already in HD and use cartoonish graphics with a very basic storyline. Besides running at 60 fps there literally nothing to add. Tlou is by far the superior game, even in multiPlayer.

Alric

Glad I've held out on buying it or reading on any of the story. Guess i'll finally be picking it up eventually.

GQman2121

Banned
Could co-op work in the campaign? Or is Ellie too vulnerable to make that enjoyable? It would solve the AI complaints though and could add a bit to the survival aspect.

orochi91

I wonder if a God of War 3 and Ascension Remaster is possible. I know they can't
for the other pre-PS3 games, GoW:3 and GoW:A are pretty recent.

RetroStu

Banned
I don't get why people have a problem with these remasters of games. It gives you the chance to play improved versions of your favorite games while also keeping them alive so to speak (old consoles break, disk gets scratched etc).
I'd absolutely die for a 1080p, 60fps, improved graphically version of Half Life 2 and Episodes 1 and 2 on next gen.

Moosichu

Could co-op work in the campaign? Or is Ellie too vulnerable to make that enjoyable? It would solve the AI complaints though and could add a bit to the survival aspect.

It woldnt work in the campaign for story reasons. Ellie isnt too vulnerable though but that isnt the reason co-op wouldnt work.

Top Bottom