• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'The Last of Us: Remastered' coming to PS4, July 2014, [1080p, targeting 60 fps]

dmr87

There it is, confirmed.

uf5bu.gif

I'm ok if it's 30 fps, as long as it's a rock solid 30.

KORNdoggy

as long as it falls into the £35 bracket, i'll buy it again. i'm not paying MORE then i originally paid for the PS3 version though.

-MD-

Playing on DS4 is all I need.

All other improvements are just cherries on top for me.

Will double dip for the full price. I never do this and probably won't ever again. This is the ONLY exception.

You can play it on PS3 with a DS4.

feel

Very sad at the lack of 60fps mention. As a pc gamer, the low framerate was one of the reasons I never got around to finishing TLoU. Crossing fingers for 1080p/60, I would buy a ps4 just for it.

edit-
Maybe ND doesn't want this to be 60fps so it doesn't make their next main game feel weird at 30fps.

We don't know if it's 60fps or not. Do any other games that are 60fps say so in their product descriptions?

I'm pretty much guessing it'll run at an unlocked frame rate like the PS4 titles we have...

Since KZ and ISS both run at an unlocked frame rate and had no mention of 60fps

Probably Naughty Dog. Strong chance they used this as a method of optimizing their engine more after moving it over to PS4

My thoughts exactly!

Bumhead

Banned
How many of the people moaning about $60 played it before on PS3?

People choosing to double dip is great, but to a certain extent I don't think Sony needs or is relying on you guys to buy it again. If the only people who buy this are people who for whatever reason didn't own a PS3 when it released, or are former 360 owners who either have or will jump ship to PS4 this gen, then I think they'll do fine.

My PS3 conked out before this and GTA V released. This a great opportunity to play this (and GTA should that also happen) on the hardware I now own. And hey, great games are great games. Even at $60 this is now my most anticipated PS4 game, in the short term.

reKon

Banned
Definitely Day 1 for me. I have the game but no PS3 anymore and is my favourite game of the generation so well worth it.

2 things I'm really looking forward to;
  • 1080p + Cordeceps Spores - Seeing the particle effects will definitely look so nice with the increase of resolution.
    [*] Dualshock 4 + Headphones - I can't game on PS4 without using my headphones to listen to the game audio and this game has one of the best soundtracks to a game I've heard, hearing it through my headphones instead of my TV will be beautiful!

THIS. I do have a pretty decent system, but this with my good headphones will be absolutely incredible

Wasp

I am really curious as to what the gameplay improvements are, my biggest gripe were the repetitiveness of the "kill rooms" and then dying over and over again in the last area. I don't think they can fix the first.
Just save all your flame thrower fuel for that bit. That's what I did on my Survivor playthrough and it was easy.

Flamethrower.gif

Vire

Also hope they improved the anti-aliasing, some areas looked kinda rough with the jaggies.

Hopefully we'll get screens or video soon enough.

Yeah, this will definitely move PS4 units.

This won't move units but it is definitely a plus for current owners whom are in the drought.

I don't think many people ignored TLOU because it wasn't on a next gen console. If you wanted it, you got it for PS3.

Banned
Awwwwww yeah! This game deserves 1080p hi res texture treatment!

Now, are we talking shortly as in 1-2 weeks, nintendo shortly (months) or blizzard shortly (years).

Nothing would benefit it stylistically. It isn't a fighting game or is it a shooter. Keep the motion blur because visually it works.

I remember seeing the 60FPS for Uncharted 3 and that felt off too.

Of course it would benefit stylistically, many people that have a preference for 60 FPS and it just is a closer representation to reality. Too bad that so many titles are 30 FPS, or even lower, that people are not used too much to seeing 60 FPS games.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I'm pretty much guessing it'll run at an unlocked frame rate like the PS4 titles we have...

Since KZ and ISS both run at an unlocked frame rate and had no mention of 60fps

My thoughts exactly!

Ugh. For this particular game I'd rather have 30fps locked than 30+, if those are the choices.

RSBeaver

Banned
Financially this is good for Sony but I am not going to pay $60 when I just purchased it 8 months ago for the same price.

I find it annoying how people are beyond excited about this announcement. If MS tried this double dip stunt the Sony Pony's on this site would be blasting them.

It would've been better if there was a remaster of SOCOM.

Vladmiris

I am so excited about this. I had a 360 last-gen so I never got a chance to play this. As a recent Sony convert, this release is just icing on the delicious cake that is the PS4.

Top Bottom