• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'The Last of Us: Remastered' coming to PS4, July 2014, [1080p, targeting 60 fps]

KoopaTheCasual

Financially this is good for Sony but I am not going to pay $60 when I just purchased it 8 months ago for the same price.

I find it annoying how people are beyond excited about this announcement. If MS tried this double dip stunt the Sony Pony's on this site would be blasting them.

It would've been better if there was a remaster of SOCOM.
watch the ad hominem, man.

It will do wonders for your shelf life on GAF. Mods don't play around with that kinda language from other side of the line.

Newboi

considering getting a PS4 just to play this, dat 60fps and 1080p my god it will be glorious

60 FPS nowadays has become a marketing highlight. If it hasn't been advertised as 60fps already, I wouldn't get my hopes up for it being 60fps.

I wish it will run at 60fps though. The only reason why I think it wouldn't run at 60fps is if many/most of the game's animations were key-framed at 30fps.

Seeing this game hit this year makes me think that Uncharted 4 is a long way off. They have probably used this game as a way to test their PS4 engine.

reKon

Banned
Yeah I'm going to be fine with locked 30 FPS. Same goes for GTA V. I want these games to be visual juggernauts.

StuBurns

Banned
It's over, period. Sony lost their last ace, and that's the end of their PS3 hopes and dreams.

It's not hyperbole, it's not fanboy drivel. It is LITERALLY it for PS3. Sony has nothing left, nothing they can reveal tomorrow would fix the hole now created. There is no reason left for any one, hardcore or casual, to substantively invest in a PS3. Except if they want to play Persona 5. Which will also come to PS4 at some point.

The age of Sony is done.
Ami, it can't be for nothing.

Darksol

Cutscene character models:

13741613764_f454df0d44_o.png

13741210825_10e1a73976_o.png

13741614234_45f2452e7c_o.png

13741255363_d92e7ce917_o.png

!!!
WILL BUY
!!!

PS3 ports & paid demos. What a console.

Financially this is good for Sony but I am not going to pay $60 when I just purchased it 8 months ago for the same price.

I find it annoying how people are beyond excited about this announcement. If MS tried this double dip stunt the Sony Pony's on this site would be blasting them.

This thread just keeps on giving.

KAL2006

Banned
I have never played The Last of Us due to me assuming it would get a port, so the wait was worth it. I hear multiplayer was actually good for this game too. The PS4 needs a decent multiplayer game, I am not a fan of COD and Killzone, and I'm not gonna touch Battlefield after the shit EA pulled. So I am excited to have my first online multiplayer experience on PS4.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
I payed roughly €30 for it one week after launch on a one-day deal. Feels odd having to pay more for this edition. It'll sell a lot but it'll drop in price, I think.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Awesome news!! I wonder how absolutely delicious it will look.

That cover though is kinda eh, the original had more personality to it...I'm not a very big fan of characters being the focus of cover art.

But its not reality, its entertainment.

I'm not anti 60FPS in general, I just dont think it fits here. Keep it for my shooters and racers, but TLoU is styled to look like a film.

I dont know about you but I hated The Hobbit in 48FPS.

Glad to know the "30 FPS = CINEMATIK!!!" meme is still alive and well in 2014.

AdanVC

Nice, but where are dem screens? Improvements on paper are very vague.

I believe it's because this wasn't expected to be announced today, but because of the leak they had no options other than confirm it already but without the screenshots, trailers, etc. since those are probably not ready to be shown yet.

dallow_bg

nods at old men

Sony Ponys?
lol

Ridley327

Past

Don't people realize that they made this for people that didn't have a PS3 last gen? If you already played the game then you don't have to buy it again.

Salex_

I have never played The Last of Us due to me assuming it would get a port, so the wait was worth it. I hear multiplayer was actually good for this game too. The PS4 needs a decent multiplayer game, I am not a fan of COD and Killzone, and I'm not gonna touch Battlefield after the shit EA pulled. So I am excited to have my first online multiplayer experience on PS4.

Same here. Didn't have a PS3 but I hear the multiplayer is good so I'm interested in getting this while I wait for Secret Ponchos, Guilty Gear Xrd, Destiny, and Lily Bergamo.

To everyone complaining about the price just don't buy it. You're paying for the development so we can get even better games in the future jeez. Wtf is up with people today? The only games you should complain about price wise are sports games and call of duty. Blatant dlc in my opinion.

KoopaTheCasual

Oh yeah, good point.

Why do people keep trying to help this guy survive? Let him die.
Yea, I think that this behavior is rightfully bannable. I just hate how people ignorantly waltz in here, spew vitriol, and then act affronted, when they're banned. And then they crawl back to their previous forum and spread GAF hate, and call us bias for banning sony detractors, when all it takes is to read the goddamn ToS to avoid this.

So in short, I'm doing this to prevent more ignorant GAF hate, not really save him.

Edit: Welp... that didn't take long.

rashbeep

Banned

I don't know why but "Sony Ponys" got a good laugh out of me.

DAMN those screens look nice.

The TLoU cutscenes (from the PS3 version) look amazing. It will be interesting to see actual gameplay screens from the remastered version to get a comparison of just how much more detail the character models are going to have outside of those cutscenes.

jett

D-Member
The in-game commentary is one interesting addition. They would be quite douchey if they don't patch that on the PS3 version. I guess it could conceivably be part of a map pack or some shit. :|

Just thinking about the possible improvements:

• Higher quality assets (I think the same ones from the cinematics)
  • improved lighting (again, cinematics quality)
  • SMAA 2TX (the sublime one used in infamous)
  • stable, locked framerate (I guess 30 fps)
  • improved AI (I liked its AI, but it can always be better)
  • Improved water and particle effects

Makes me drool just thinking about those points.
Hope we get details soon!

R_Deckard

Very sad at the lack of 60fps mention. As a pc gamer, the low framerate was one of the reasons I never got around to finishing TLoU. Crossing fingers for 1080p/60, I would buy a ps4 just for it.

edit-
Maybe ND doesn't want this to be 60fps so it doesn't make their next main game feel weird at 30fps.

No I dont thin this at all, as I bet the next Tomb Raider game on PS4 will be 30 not 60 and it wont affect anyone.

This game should be 60fps if they just improve the visuals as per the TR and use it as a bedding in on PS4, I still think this will be handled by Bend though and not ND direct..we will see.

Top Bottom