• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered |OT| Game of the Years

Ok whats the best Audio output?

headphones? I have the golds but when select those is only 2.0 is that correct?

I want the very best shit up with this game.

Playstation Pulse is fantastic with this game. Playing with it on right now.

Not sure how Gold compares to it. I think it should be good enough, though.

Hugstable

Banned
Hey everyone, since this is my second playthrough of the game (first time was normal on ps3), do you think Hard isn't too bad a step up? I really want to get the Master of Unlocking achievement, but I heard you get less supplies in Hard. Is there enough Shivs to craft to open all the doors in this difficulty, or should I just save this achievement for another time?

One-Shot

Banned
I don't know what they did with the audio, but it sounds soooo good on my HT system. Maybe I have just forgotten since I haven't played the PS3 version since I traded it in April, but it sounds more crisp.

Hey everyone, since this is my second playthrough of the game (first time was normal on ps3), do you think Hard isn't too bad a step up? I really want to get the Master of Unlocking achievement, but I heard you get less supplies in Hard. Is there enough Shivs to craft to open all the doors in this difficulty, or should I just save this achievement for another time?

Hard is pretty fun, I say go for it.

Reverse for me though, playing it on Normal since I just want to have a fun time taking pictures and admiring everything. Playing on hard + photomode on will take me 100 hours to finish this game :p

thelastofusremasterede4k2o.jpg

anthym

Neo Member
Bought this game yesterday after never playing on PS3. I took the advice of everyone and started my first play through on hard with listen mode disabled. I'm about 3.5 hours in and all I can say is Holy Shit. I get like nervous sweats in clicker sections but I just can't put it down. Awesome so far.

You can definitely open all the shiv doors on hard. Just don't waste shivs on enemies unless you have some spares. Hard isn't very hard.

One-Shot

Banned
Bought this game yesterday after never playing on PS3. I took the advice of everyone and started my first play through on hard with listen mode disabled. I'm about 3.5 hours in and all I can say is Holy Shit. I get like nervous sweats in clicker sections but I just can't put it down. Awesome so far.

You made a good choice. It really does bring a whole different dimension of tension to the game without listen mode and makes it so much better imo.

Playstation Pulse is fantastic with this game. Playing with it on right now.

Not sure how Gold compares to it. I think it should be good enough, though.

you need to stick the headphones into your ass

This.

And then after insertion make sure you go into the options and then audio. You should have an option for surround headphones AFTER you have turned them on and switched all audio to headset on ps4.

On the pulse elites it let me set it to surround headphones and 7.1. It is amazing! Now they just need to give us the TLOU profile for the headphones app and total aural domination will be complete.

daveo42

Banned
This.

And then after insertion make sure you go into the options and then audio. You should have an option for surround headphones AFTER you have turned them on and switched all audio to headset on ps4.

On the pulse elites it let me set it to surround headphones and 7.1. It is amazing! Now they just need to give us the TLOU profile for the headphones app and total aural domination will be complete.

I must have done something wrong then because I didn't have the option after updating my elites. Might have to try the process again tonight to see if I get any different results.

SoulClap

I remember being disappointed with how blurry the visuals were on the PS3. After playing the remastered version for an hour last night I have nothing to complain about. Game looks incredible.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

When I have the golds plugged in and VSS set to on (you get the little rings icon show up in the notification), then TLoU automatically goes to 'headphones (virtual surround)' and 7.1

Although mine were busted, so I played with standard headphones on 2.0 stereo and it still sounded great. Will try again with 7.1 when my replacements come.

Skyr

I am playing on survivor and I still have enough shivs to open all doors.
Just don't use them on enemies :p.

Raptor

This.

The Headset is in my ass at all times, I guess that is what I did wrong, I turn them on after I put headphones and so it didnt gave me that option, Netflix is the same if I have them off it doesnt give me 5.1 option.

Thanks man.

icespide

Banned
This.

stick em in there and then make sure you turned bass boost on

EL CUCO

not a bad game but dont get all the 10/10's

environments are a mixed bag, a lot look really blocky and undetailed (though they did a fantastic job on the characters and achieving 1080p 60 fps)

game tells me to hold in L3 to sneak without alerting clicker, clicker hears me anyway. get the prompt to triangle kill them? randomly doesnt work.

I dont have enough bullets becase I couldnt store man than 14 bullets for my revolver in my giant backpack?

I'm so frustrated with the clicker gameplay. This is like a 60fps 1080p version of condemned (which I loved) so its so disappointing to find the clicker sections a complete chore to play through.

The L3 prompt is meant to direct your focus in a particular area. It has nothing to do with your ability to sneak.

Triangle prompty only works if you have a shiv or haven't already used the one you had.

Remember, clickers dont see you well, but they can hear things. Infected aka Runners do see and hear, and if they are alerted, everybody just found out where you are.

Some of the heavy populated clicker areas we're a bit difficult, but if you're looking for a place to store more than 14 bullets, my guess is you're playing on Normal which shouldn't be too bad :) I never saw more 6 or 7 bullets at one time, but I played on Survivor lol

There is an odd effect around characters when you move the cameras possibly motion blur related? Most noticable when they are a little distance from you - if you move the camera left/right you get a double image overlapping them. Pretty distracting.

Sound is pretty critical to enjoying this fully. When I played through on PS3 I did normal + listen mode, figuring listen mode was giving me the player the situational awareness that Joel would naturally have. Also I often had to play at quiet volume levels as it is most definitely a 'play after the kids are asleep' game. On PS4 I'm playing on hard with listen mode off as recommended, but importantly I'm using headphones and turning the volume up. The difference is huge. I'm not getting detailed directional cues (only stereo headphones, getting Sony golds today) but you still get left/right separation, and clear enough warning when someone is about to spot you.

Also I played until 3.30am last night. I am now regretting that :p

The Sony Gold headphones make the game sound great. I had a bullet pass right by my head and I actually had to hide and catch a breath.

I must have done something wrong then because I didn't have the option after updating my elites. Might have to try the process again tonight to see if I get any different results.

The audio options it lets you select from seem to be context sensitive so if the game doesn't 'sense' that you have surround headphones then it won't be an option.

The only things I can think of that would cause that would be either having the ps4 headset audio set to chat only or not having the headset connected to the ps4 and powered on when you go to the audio options.

Has anybody else had any experience with these issues that could add to this?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I'm so happy with how this Remaster panned out. So far it's been the closest thing I can get to playing the game for the first time again.

Paznos

I got the game last night after trading in my PS3 copy at Game Stop, I've played the first hour and a half or so and wow... that opening got to me wasn't expecting that.

I've started the game on Grounded and now I'm wondering if that was a mistake? should I start over on a lower difficulty?

daveo42

Banned
The audio options it lets you select from seem to be context sensitive so if the game doesn't 'sense' that you have surround headphones then it won't be an option.

The only things I can think of that would cause that would be either having the ps4 headset audio set to chat only or not having the headset connected to the ps4 and powered on when you go to the audio options.

Has anybody else had any experience with these issues that could add to this?

There's my problem. I'll do that tonight when I have a moment to play. Thanks!

The Headset is in my ass at all times, I guess that is what I did wrong, I turn them on after I put headphones and so it didnt gave me that option, Netflix is the same if I have them off it doesnt give me 5.1 option.

Thanks man.

Glad to help!

What headphones are you guys talking about?

Sony branded Gold and Pulse Elite headsets

There's my problem. I'll do that tonight when I have a moment to play. Thanks!

No problem, glad to help where I can! :)

The L3 prompt is meant to direct your focus in a particular area. It has nothing to do with your ability to sneak.

Triangle prompty only works if you have a shiv or haven't already used the one you had.

Remember, clickers dont see you well, but they can hear things. Infected aka Runners do see and hear, and if they are alerted, everybody just found out where you are.

Some of the heavy populated clicker areas we're a bit difficult, but if you're looking for a place to store more than 14 bullets, my guess is you're playing on Normal which shouldn't be too bad :) I never saw more 6 or 7 bullets at one time, but I played on Survivor lol

Yeah it was my mistake reading prompt wrong, but they should have had the tip repeat on the restart since many people seem to have trouble at the same spot.

The difficulty of regular combat is fine, its only the clickers. It gets frustrating, eg why can I only fire like a second apart from shots? I should be able to fire off all 6 rounds of my revolver as fast as I can pull the trigger (I mean its balanced anyway given how slow he reloads).

I got the game last night after trading in my PS3 copy at Game Stop, I've played the first hour and a half or so and wow... that opening got to me wasn't expecting that.

I've started the game on Grounded and now I'm wondering if that was a mistake? should I start over on a lower difficulty?

Yeah I can't imagine your first playthrough on Grounded being a good idea at all.

glottis8

Banned

I thought Hard was a good setting to do my first play through back on the ps3. No real bugs, the right amount of difficulty. Good stuff.

Not reading much of the thread because I'm terrified of spoilers/gifs/pics, but

GOOD FUCKING GOD this game, man.

The intro alone... so good. I don't think I can say anything that hasn't already been shouted from the roof tops but I am loving this. It was so worth the wait. Even if it's basically PS3 graphics ported to PS4... it's going to just run like butter the whole way through.

Hugstable

Banned
Hard is pretty fun, I say go for it.

Reverse for me though, playing it on Normal since I just want to have a fun time taking pictures and admiring everything. Playing on hard + photomode on will take me 100 hours to finish this game :p

Thanks I'm gonna be continuing my hard playthrough then. Also that picture is just beautiful :D

Raptor

The intro alone... so good. I don't think I can say anything that hasn't already been shouted from the roof tops but I am loving this. It was so worth the wait. Even if it's basically PS3 graphics ported to PS4... it's going to just run like butter the whole way through.

My wife told me "Whats wrong?" because I put my hand on my mouth in shock of what I was experiencing, fuck man seriously the intro is on another level, it got me hard.

That was my problem too, I have them off when started the game, turned them on when I was already on the intro level.

Will not make that mistake again.

:)

I didn't have to leave the game to make the switch but it did seem like it didn't give me the option immediately. I plugged my headset in during a cutscene
Robert that conniving bastard!
too and then when I went into the audio options afterward 2.0 was what it had defaulted to.

I think this was also caused because when I first connected the headset it was set to chat only because I had last used the ear bud and so after changing it back to all audio and after the cutscene I was able to change it to 7.1. It seems real finicky honestly.

I saw this running today in a shop, and I noticed a HUGE fail: near the beginning of the game, while you escape with your brother and you enter in a...restaurant? Well, the texture of the restaurant didn't pop, there was a huge pink rectangle on the floor, then BAM, it appeared :l

Never saw anything similar in PS3 version.

game killed joel for me first time I did that section

it must have failed to load quick enough (I ran straight through that section instead of taking my time) since door was closed, but the enemies attacked regardless. I was unable to move due to this ie my character was rooted to the spot. I could then only move when it loaded in but it was too late

Really enjoying the game so far, and I'm glad I waited to play this version as the gameplay feels good at 60fps. Still, I'm not at all impressed with the graphics. Maybe I would have been more impressed if the game came out at PS4 launch? Still, I absolutely love the writing and performances so far. Complete man tears within the first 15 min of the game... I just love Naughty Dog.

OsirisBlack

Banned
Playing through this game for the first time ever and it is absolutely amazing. I have not touched the multiplayer but will after I complete the game. Going through on hard no listen mode my first play through the story is pretty damn intense. Graphically I cannot believe this was a PS3 game it is absolutely beautiful and the shots released by ND and Sony did not do this game any justice. Favorite game on PS4 by far.

My wife told me "Whats wrong?" because I put my hand on my mouth in shock of what I was experiencing, fuck man seriously the intro is on another level, it got me hard.

I love reading all the first time reactions to the intro. I have never experienced anything like it in a game before and I am so glad others are feeling that as well.

BFIB

I saw this running today in a shop, and I noticed a HUGE fail: near the beginning of the game, while you escape with your brother and you enter in a...restaurant? Well, the texture of the restaurant didn't pop, there was a huge pink rectangle on the floor, then BAM, it appeared :l

I've seen a few instances of this so far. Hopefully its something that can be patched.

Haven't had this yet, but I have had random giant white boxes appear when I enter photomode that I can only get rid of by leaving photomode. Sucks because some good shots were ruined.

Oh, okay. Didn't know they existed. Quite like the look of the Gold ones.

I have never tried the Golds, but the Pulse Elites are amazing! The only issue I have is that sometimes the audio cuts out like there is some signal interference. I live in an apartment and I can see like 15 different wireless routers when I try to connect to ours. I figure that is the issue. I have searched for others having the same issue but it doesn't seem prevalent.

I just sit closer to the TV when I use them and then it never seems to cut out. I freaking love them too because I can use them on my PC and other things as well with some simple manipulation.

GavinUK86

NeoGAF Gold Trophy
Only trophy worth getting.
I have never tried the Golds, but the Pulse Elites are amazing! The only issue I have is that sometimes the audio cuts out like there is some signal interference. I live in an apartment and I can see like 15 different wireless routers when I try to connect to ours. I figure that is the issue. I have searched for others having the same issue but it doesn't seem prevalent.

I just sit closer to the TV when I use them and then it never seems to cut out. I freaking love them too because I can use them on my PC and other things as well with some simple manipulation.
Cool. Thanks. I'll look into them. I've been using the Creative Fatality headset for years now. Need to look into some new ones.

Top Bottom