• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Legacy demo hits NA eshop on September 22

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah got my copy as well from a local store.
Decided to not bring forward the save and restarting with Filmia.

Shin-chan

I pretty salty I have to wait until February to play this. It looks great but from the responses not worth buying an American 3DS over.

As good as Atlus is at localisations it really sucks for us Europeans.

So here's the deal about the adjustments we made in bringing the game to the west. By and large, they mostly affect NG+.

• In NG+, all the money and formations you designed now carry over. Any special weapons you created will also be available to purchase in the shop.
  • Drop rates for items and materials was increased across the board. Drop rate for rare items goes up in subsequent NG+. FICTITIOUS EXAMPLE TO ILLUSTRATE THIS POINT: The made-up drop rates for a rare item could be in the first 1st Game - 1%, in NG+ 5%, NG++ 8%, NG+++ 10% etc. Let me stress that these numbers are made up and I have no idea what they are for actual items.
  • Finally, the time it takes the trade ship to return is decreased substantially. The ship uses real-world time, and we've decreased the amount of time it takes to return.

Basically, the adjustments were to cut down on the amount of grinding in subsequent playthroughs, making NG+ a little more palatable for western audiences.

Do skills pass over? Because they're a pain to grind for.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Finally got around to checking out the demo. I really liked it. I know that the game's not supposed to have much of a storyline, but does it still feel like there's a decent amount of momentum to the game? Like, do you gradually explore new areas in the world like in a typical FF-style RPG, or is it just an endless series of random missions?

Seda

Finally got around to checking out the demo. I really liked it. I know that the game's not supposed to have much of a storyline, but does it still feel like there's a decent amount of momentum to the game? Like, do you gradually explore new areas in the world like in a typical FF-style RPG, or is it just an endless series of random missions?

You basically map out various zones in a similar way once and again. Some have a slight gimmick.

OT will be going up tomorrow sometime.

Mr Rivuz

The fact that this game has no story at all is kinda disappointing to me. Don't know if i would keep playing it to the end without a story that makes me want to see what happens next.
Well, anyway i have a lot of time to think about it until february...

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
I've been playing for about 13 hours. Didn't import my demo save. And my play style is usually slower than most people. So maybe shave off 3 or 4 hours.

I think storywise I've seem to have reached the half way point. Nothing much goes on and you kind of just stumble upon the objectives as you explore. Those who played the demo should be able to guess what these objectives are.

The lack of story isn't bothering me much. I enjoy talking to people in the village since the dialogue changes every now and then and there are different configurations of villagers that appear or disappear everytime you go sleep at the inn. The only characters so far have been
the playable characters and the mayor of the town though. And that cat save point.

My main complaint is that magic seems a bit cumbersome. Since I'm not doing very well in the spell learning department, which means I have to equip the shards to cast certain spells. Also, are characters supposed to be able to learn the contracts spells? Battles can also get a bit tedious and the nature of the battle systems means that it's sometimes difficult to gauge whether battles are taking longer because you're under leveled or that is just the usual speed.

Three characters certainly limits your options a bit, at least for those who are more accustomed to the large parties in Saga games.

Top Bottom