• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes |OT| Purple Link just didn't stay fresh enough.

Playing that lava mines level with randoms is impossible. IMPOSSIBLE! I got to the boss THREE times, and they just kept dying in 30 seconds from standing there while bombs blew up in their faces. And I had people disconnect twice the moment that they didn't get the bow at the beginning. Grrrrrr

You know what would be a fun challenge, those Guard the Orb challenges, but the twist is, the goal post for the orb is at the start, so you would have to run through the level while taking damage.

No sword/Bombs only against the Lady's Pets was quite a challenge! Really liking the difficulty in this game so far.

Tip: use the cactus costume (Cacto Clothes), it allows you to deal damage to recycled Margoma (the cake with a hole) & recycled Arrghus (the jellyfish) when they're stunned simply by touching them.

Tsunamo

The disconnects in levels are killing my love of this game. Going through the same dungeon time and time again and getting halfway through it/close to the end (at one point I at the part where you all grab your chests and got one) and getting a disconnect or someone leaving and all that hard work minus ruppees not paying off just seems like such a waste.

I wish there was some sort of a compromise, like starting with the other person still left in the room and looking for someone else picking up mid-dungeon. Anything's better than starting the entire thing all over again from scratch.

Other than that I can't get enough of the game online, it's so so fun.

There are too many people online who keep using the sword costume instead of something useful, just because it looks nice

Newsflash, the costume is only useful when you have full health, which surprise, is not going to be something you can maintain with other people sharing your health

Fucking idiots

pronk420

I really like this, it makes me hope Nintendo make more online multiplayer games for 3ds.

I've been playing just with randoms and everyone has been cool and friendly, probably thanks to the communication system. Only problem is the loss of progress on disconnects, but I actually don't mind playing the levels multiple times because it always plays out differently, maybe you get a different item or something, or people just do different things.

Kinsei

Banned
There are too many people online who keep using the sword costume instead of something useful, just because it looks nice

Newsflash, the costume is only useful when you have full health, which surprise, is not going to be something you can maintain with other people sharing your health

Fucking idiots

No it's not. The sword costume also deals double damage making it useful if it's either your first time through the level so you don't know what puzzles/enemies to expect or it's a halved attack challenge.

Was positively surprised at how quickly me and my girlfriend kept finding random players to join us. Never had to wait more than ten seconds to be ready to go out into the Drablands again.

Also, it's quite fun to work with the limited communication possibilities. Trying to tell a random hero to use their item somewhere specific or take a certain position on the totem requires some creative use of the expressions sometimes. A game in itself. And so far only good experiences.

No it's not. The sword costume also deals double damage making it useful if it's either your first time through the level so you don't know what puzzles/enemies to expect or it's a halved attack challenge.
Double damage sure is helpful when people dont know how to avoid getting hit and don't know how to not fall down chasms. I know everyone wants to be the cool sword guy but it's really not helpful at all.

Double damage sure is helpful when people dont know how to avoid getting hit and don't know how to not fall down chasms. I know everyone wants to be the cool sword guy but it's really not helpful at all.

Not everyone has the other useful generic costumes. I got stuff like lucky loungeware after sword costume, and I still don't have tingle tights since I'm missing one item

georly

Finally got to play last night at home (local co op). We made it a house rule to do NO TALKING, emoji only!

Also, kinda cool how the download play players can buy 2 costumes and keep them for the next time we play. I guess download play saves a little data on the 3DS (at least until they do download play for another game?)

Also... What do I need to do to get friendship tokens? We played locally! I thought I was supposed to get some ;_;

Kinsei

Banned
Anyone in NA want to do the Ice Cavern challenges?

From my experience they don't, especially when you really need them.

In my experience there is almost always a bunch of hearts at the end of the level, i an optional area by the end, or in a chest hidden somewhere in the level. Guess I've just been lucky.

RedColumn

To my team about the boss:

I think it will go better always make a tower because even if the umbrella is in the first level, we can throw the 2 tower there right? we only focus in throing to the last level ;)

XaosWolf

What im not sure is the last bit... do we have to walk all together in a totem on the unrella on the floor?

I was trying to convey that but lolemoticons

I need to move to a different Wifi first, but if you guys wanna go through some challenges then I'm up for that. =)

RedColumn

OMG!!! FINALLY!!! There was some much tension going on in the end with no much hearts!! :D we made a great team!!! so excited to finished with you guys!!! :D :D :D :D

6djKhAC.png
Y2x70NO.png
6djKhAC.png
Y2x70NO.png
6djKhAC.png
Y2x70NO.png
6djKhAC.png
Y2x70NO.png
6djKhAC.png
Y2x70NO.png
6djKhAC.png
Y2x70NO.png
6djKhAC.png
Y2x70NO.png

I was trying to convey that but lolemoticons

I need to move to a different Wifi first, but if you guys wanna go through some challenges then I'm up for that. =)

Im in,
Let me see the end and the outfits first ;)

RedColumn

Damn, the only thing I can make is still the Tingle Tights. I doubt want to use my Freezard Water on that first. =(
I couldnt do anything yet with what I got, I need more things...

now I went to the princess and she said: do you want to see some pictures of the ceremony... and me... why not? mistake..... now im watching the end again and I cant skip it! XD

omg... you cant skip the credits either.... well... at least the music is nice in the background....

llaannccee

I couldnt do anything yet with what I got, I need more things...

now I went to the princess and she said: do you want to see some pictures of the ceremony... and me... why not? mistake..... now im watching the end again and I cant skip it! XD

omg... you cant skip the credits either.... well... at least the music is nice in the background....

That last boss was simple once we got the hang of it. Just watched the credits and got the
Corpse outfit
. Nearly watched the credits again like you.

Top Bottom