• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Nintendo DS: Still a Piece of Shit

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Bebpo said:
Not really. Lumines may be overrated in some sense that I don't quite understand but it's still probably the best game on the system.

Meteos is frankly not a very good game. It's ok, but Kirby smacks the shit out of it.

I haven't gotten to Kirby yet, so it's entirely possible. I'd argue Meteos is hardly a bad game, but its much faster paced, so its a bit different from Lumines I'd say. Much better than Lumines if you just want to get a quick game done. Hour long (or longer) sessions of Lumines aren't always practical or entertaining if you're start/stopping.

Hey Drinky, I'll buy you a DS so you don't have to pay Nintendo. I don't know what you'll do about the games though, since buying Advance Wars would also mean paying Nintendo, and I'm not feeling up to Smiles and Cries' level of generocity of spending $200 on strangers. :p

Jesus, how did this happen? I never do shit like this. I just suddenly felt, after reading Drinky say he'll steal one from a kid, this wave of generocity wash over me, and this calm voice say, "Hey, I'll buy him one."

...Did I just turn gay?

Unison

So, This Grubdog had: Total Posts: 1,142 (3.79 posts per day)

Obviously, he wasn't a very regular poster... What's the point of the mods taking out their rage on the N-Fans??

Out of curiosity, is there a page where I can see all the current mods of the forum? Who's idea was it to start a nintendo fanboy witch hunt?

I'm starting to find this whole thing really silly. What was supposed to be a thread to weed out Nintendo fanboys has brought out nasty fanboy attitudes from tons of others. For the guy speaking of righteous attitudes from Nintendo fanboys (which is certainly true on many occasions), I see a dangerous level of righteousness and hypocrisy coming from non-Nintendo fans here.

olimario

Banned
I haven't touched my DS since I got my PSP.
Ridge Racers >>>> Mario 64
Lumines >>>> Wario Ware Touched!

Nintendo can't even do handheld games right anymo'!

NLB2

Banned
Boogie said:
Is this really necessary? What the hell do I have to with this thread?
Lol sorry, nothing, its just a stupid thread. If you're offended by that picture let me know. Its gonna be cubsfan's new avatar unless you say otherwise.

WordAssassin said:
Hey Drinky, I'll buy you a DS so you don't have to pay Nintendo. I don't know what you'll do about the games though, since buying Advance Wars would also mean paying Nintendo, and I'm not feeling up to Smiles and Cries' level of generocity of spending $200 on strangers. :p

Jesus, how did this happen? I never do shit like this. I just suddenly felt, after reading Drinky say he'll steal one from a kid, this wave of generocity wash over me, and this calm voice say, "Hey, I'll buy him one."

...Did I just turn gay?
No, you just turned stupid.

Acosta

I wonder, if a Sony fan had performed the hack, would GAF implode?

You still not get it (please, don´t take it as an offense).

This is private, mods can do whatever they want and you are the one that has the decission to keep or not posting.

I´m sure no one is forcing you to think a way or other, but even if Drinky declares that Sony is your new god and you must to sacrifice a dog to it in order to keep posting, you should decide what you want to do. This is not a service, you are not paying anything and I´m sure your constitutional rights are not broken if you are banned from here.

As simple as this: take the faboysm too far and you are out. I´m sure I would get banned if I say something as "PSP is awesome and you and your mom are a fucking retard for even liking Nintendo" (sorry for the offensive words). My ass would be kicked the same way, only that Nintendo fans tend to ignite that way more often from my experience.

JasoNsider said:
Out of curiosity, is there a page where I can see all the current mods of the forum? Who's idea was it to start a nintendo fanboy witch hunt?

I'm starting to find this whole thing really silly. What was supposed to be a thread to weed out Nintendo fanboys has brought out nasty fanboy attitudes from tons of others. For the guy speaking of righteous attitudes from Nintendo fanboys (which is certainly true on many occasions), I see a dangerous level of righteousness and hypocrisy coming from non-Nintendo fans here.

Without Nintendo, we'll just end up with a Playstation/Xbox hybrid :(

JasoNsider said:

Indeed.

Sooner or later, the mods will decide just to censor all Nintendo talk for eternity(well, except for talk on advocating Nintendo's destruction for the glory of the eternal Playstation Empire).

And protesting it won't help. After all, on a private forum, you have no free speech rights.

Socreges

Banned
Hmmm what if the GAF administration was behind everything and plotted this tragedy in order to legitimate more authoritarian rule and irrational punishment??

Something to think about.

Belfast

RevenantKioku said:
I haven't gotten to Kirby yet, so it's entirely possible. I'd argue Meteos is hardly a bad game, but its much faster paced, so its a bit different from Lumines I'd say. Much better than Lumines if you just want to get a quick game done. Hour long (or longer) sessions of Lumines aren't always practical or entertaining if you're start/stopping.

Timed mode, Single Skin Mode, Puzzle Mode. Take your choice.

NLB2

Banned
Socreges said:
Hmmm what if the GAF administration was behind everything and plotted this tragedy in order to legitimate more authoritarian rule and irrational punishment??

Dude, that's what I said last page. High Five!
Shouta said:
He has a Earthbound avatar, that much was obvious!
Ban him!

lexi

Banned
Unison said:
So, This Grubdog had: Total Posts: 1,142 (3.79 posts per day)

Obviously, he wasn't a very regular poster... What's the point of the mods taking out their rage on the N-Fans??

Well, It's probably thanks to Mike Works and/or sp0rks that the word Nintendo isn't a bannable phrase right now.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Gaijin To Ronin said:
As simple as this: take the faboysm too far and you are out. I´m sure I would get banned if I say something as "PSP is awesome and you and your mom are a fucking retard for even liking Nintendo" (sorry for the offensive words). My ass would be kicked the same way, only that Nintendo fans tend to ignite that way more often from my experience.
Very true but all you have to say is something like "Nintendo is somewhat nifty" for the boot! :D

Odnetnin

Banned
JasoNsider said:

I don't think there's a problem with a witch hunt

a) there is this ridiculous thread which will pass in a day or two. even neo-gaf will be sick of schtick in a couple of days. Its incidenary just because. I think the GAF administation is just using Drinky to get some venting/humour going

b) grubdog is a fuckstick. absolutely childish. Amazed he pulled off the hack though

Heading off now. Wasted too much time here. Funny though. Thanks for the funny.

...Nintendrones, Aussies, and girl who survived horrific car car crash:
burnt_167.png

Boogie

Socreges said:

You mean like the Nazis in 1930s Germany?

OH YEAH, I made a Nazi comparison, AND IT FEELS GOOD ;P

Unison

Socreges said:

That makes no sense at all. :lol

I dont' think you could even argue that the mods are trying to make sense, after all, so try not to give them too much credit.

I mean it's not like Nintendo Fanboyism leads to hacking if left unchecked. This was an isolated incident, and it has to be noted that the culprit wasn't on the radar of most posters, Nintendo fan or otherwise.

The connection between the hacking incident and the current anti-Nintendo attitude is about as tenuous as the one between the 9/11 attacks and the war in Iraq. :lol

Odnetnin

Banned
Socreges said:

:lol :lol

B00004CX89.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Chony

Feels like I'm knockin' on heaven's door...

but, it seems to me the thing to do would be to stay silent, in the affairs of an aristocratic regime bent on supressing the minorites a la saddam hussein with the Kurds. To keep the peace he ruled with an iron fist. If that is what is needed to keep the sanctity of an environment that does not succumb to the blatent fanboyism of Gamefaqs, IGNBoards, etc. I own multiple consoles, with the Gamecube being my favorite followed by my new PC. I also own a DS, and have not been able to buy a PSP as I had over $300 worth of books to buy for Spring quarter, which I still havent bought all of them until I absolutely need to. I played the PSP at launch at an import store called Kicks, and it is an incredible piece of hardware, I also enjoy the DS, granted I am playing GBA games as I have no money for new games (but there arn't really any games I want now, but the future looks very good).

As John Stuart Mills stated that "Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservatives."

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
mulder.jpg

Mulder said:

Boogie

Chony said:
As John Stuart Mills stated that "Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservatives."

And I think it was Churchill who said something along the lines of "Anybody who is not a liberal at 20 has no heart, and anyone who is not a conservative at 50 has no brain"

Hey, I can quote famous dead people too! ;P

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
chespace said:
As someone who's been playing Meteos, let me be the first to say it's hella overrated.

i haven't played meteos in quite some time on the DS now - so to whoever it was that was convinced by my impressions to go and buy it... erm, you might want to reconsider :p for me, DS needs something and fast. kirby looks gold - but that might not be enough. and the price of PSP on play-asia has dropped recently .. CURSE YOU , CAT, FOR STEPPING ON GLASS and requiring a $250 visit to the vet

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
JasoNsider said:

I think it went like this

Grubdog(?) pulled his shit, then the mods all got rightfully slutted about it and all said "rampant nintendo fan ay, who can take care of these types best"

*drinky raises hand

olimario said:
I haven't touched my DS since I got my PSP.
Ridge Racers >>>> Mario 64
Lumines >>>> Wario Ware Touched!

Nintendo can't even do handheld games right anymo'!

Now you all know the reason that my second puppy in the set is going to be named Olimario

You damn traitor just because it's a little hot for Nintendo fans here does not mean you have to turn coat fool.

Drinky Puppy Club is all about Love so we regret this event as much as anyone, I personally hated to being away from my Beloved GAF just because of some Silly Bitch - this fanboy mess is going too far!

Still in the end Nintendo > Sony >>>>>>>>>>>>> M$ >>>>>>>>> SEGA*
(note: *one of these things is not like the others)

DS Rocks but I still have to get a PSP cause it looks good enough to poop on :D

the PSP is fuckin awesome. like when you play it you know you're in, uh, maybe 2002-2003, like maybe when the dreamcast died, instead of 1997. the ds is pretty bad, nintendo really cheated us with that cheapass hardware and stupid pen thing.

i kinda think dudes are hot, not like in a gay way or anything, but y'know when yer at the gym and you see this ripped dude come out of the shower and yer all 'yeah, i'd hit that, fuck where's my towel'

olimario

Banned
Show me a little love and get me the Nintendogs import. I'll play it every single day while my PSP is charging, I promise.

Drinky Crow said:
Jason, I think you're taking this a bit too seriously.

Fanboy much?

Look, I'm not going to be sinking to childish mudslinging. We all know what camp you've got your feet firmly planted in, and it's no secret to anybody. Frankly, I don't care if you make out with your PS2 every night.

What I'm talking about is that this farce of a thread would still be out line if it had Microsoft or Sony bashing in it. In fact, it would be ban worthy on any given day.

I ask again - is there anywhere to get a list of current mods?

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Drinky Crow said:
Jason, I think you're taking this a bit too seriously.

Fanboy much?

Drinky, you used to be funny. All of you guys. You all used to be entertaining. But it isn't anymore. It used to be a witty comeback, a snap in the face of some fan-boy idiotic moment. And it was really a bit of a wake-up call when the arguing had gone too far. But where is that now? This isn't the same, this is just exactly what you guys were fighting against.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
God's Hand said:
the PSP is fuckin awesome. like when you play it you know you're in, uh, maybe 2002-2003, like maybe when the dreamcast died, instead of 1997. the ds is pretty bad, nintendo really cheated us with that cheapass hardware and stupid pen thing.

i kinda think dudes are hot, not like in a gay way or anything, but y'know when yer at the gym and you see this ripped dude come out of the shower and yer all 'yeah, i'd hit that, fuck where's my towel'
Bahaha! OK that text change there was actually a little funny. Really childish but still funny.

I still am, but I'm in my seventh season! The writing's gotten pretty stale, granted, and the turnover's been crazy -- but hey, you still gotta hang around to see if Boogie and NLB2 get together.

demi

Drinky Crow said:
Show the Drinky Puppy Club a little respect.

Show demi respect as well! Please?

Olimario said:
Show me a little love and get me the Nintendogs import. I'll play it every single day while my PSP is charging, I promise.

You had your chance to sign up, boy. Once is enough.

Laguna X

Nintendogs Member
:lol MAF and Drinky waging war against the HIVE... oh how I've longed for this day. These rabid fanboys had it coming for a long time. Now perhaps GAF will be as great as it once used to be. :salutes the vengeful mod crew:

Top Bottom