• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Nintendo DS: Still a Piece of Shit

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Ok fine, the trading card game boy game was good, and I guess PPL was ok...

Monk

Banned
GaimeGuy said:
Ok fine, the trading card game boy game was good, and I guess PPL was ok...

Panel Del Pon or PPL, is the best puzzle game ever created for the university. Whenever you beat one of the harder ones, you felt like a god, a FUCKING GOD!

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Bebpo said:
Well in that case I salute you as I understand the pain the DS games bring.

I thought you were down with Kirby though? :(

Oh shit, you're right. Bad habit of mine to assume DS has ZERO legit games.

It now has 1. I stand corrected. :)

shpankey

not an idiot
Laguna X said:
:lol MAF and Drinky waging war against the HIVE... oh how I've longed for this day. These rabid fanboys had it coming for a long time. Now perhaps GAF will be as great as it once used to be. :salutes the vengeful mod crew:

agreed

as far as the topic, the DS is complete shit imo. the PSP has impressed me, especially with Ridge Racer.

Spencerr

Banned
Wow.

On another note, I might be getting more hours at my crappy part time job and might be able to afford a PSP, score.

b_dawk

boys.jpg

i would really like to know what was going through the guys mind who hacked from australia.

lmao imagine his/her excitement when they managed to breach admin and kill off the sony fanboys.

must of felt better then a 10.000 people scramble for a single super boul ticket and legging it out.

ok my comment:

i'd rather carry a portable DVD player and a ipod- to a psp i dont consider for those funtions and is only useful to me as a game machiene albeit a £250 games machiene at that.

in such a case with the amount of promise my DS provides, i'm gonna stick where i am.

i'm still waiting to see a true multimedia mp3-movies-games device and PSP is not IT. and since theres only sony and nintendo making handheld gaming the most i can expect is to recieve that functionality hopefully when GBA2 appears. at least if GBA2 is mini DVD then movies will be easier and cheaper to licence and move format.

sony sucks sony sucks

can i even trust thyre "QUALITY" hardware anymore especially as it doesnt have no faults.

marsomega

Since GAF is already going the OPA-AGES route (minus the bannings) why don't we just let them back in?

tetsuoxb said:
A big fuck off to the militant nintendo fan behind my account deletion.

May you be forced to play derivative Mario games and manually masturbate the regginator for all of eternity.

Awesome, now back to your derivative Halo games and orally masturbating Allard for all eternity.

So, who wants tot ake bets on the final dominating party of the GAF?

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
FinalSolace said:
i'd rather carry a portable DVD player and a ipod- to a psp i dont consider for those funtions and is only useful to me as a game machiene albeit a £250 games machiene at that.

Too bad what you describe is neither as portable as a PSP nor as affordable.

FinalSolace said:
in such a case with the amount of promise my DS provides, i'm gonna stick where i am.

Sorry, but people buy video game systems based on what they deliver; not what they promise. Right now the DS has Kirby, which is fun, and some decent but not great games such as Wario and Yoshi. The PSP has a lot more to chose from, and the system allows you to play MP3 and other media.

FinalSolace said:
i'm still waiting to see a true multimedia mp3-movies-games device and PSP is not IT.

Yes it is.

FinalSolace said:
and since theres only sony and nintendo making handheld gaming the most i can expect is to recieve that functionality hopefully when GBA2 appears. at least if GBA2 is mini DVD then movies will be easier and cheaper to licence and move format.

How the hell would making the GBA2 mini-DVD be any different from UMD? You'd still have to buy new movies for it and studios will still charge the same, no matter what the format is.

FinalSolace said:
sony sucks sony sucks

Nice to see where you stand.

DS no longer stands for Dual Screen. It stands for Dead System.

Mallrat83

Banned
ManaByte said:
PSP has games worth playing for more than 15 minutes :)

Don't be silly! Of course all PSP games are worth playing for more than 15 minutes! Anything less, and you wouldn't get past the load times.

Monk

Banned
ManaByte said:
PSP has games worth playing for more than 15 minutes :)

Not really, neither of them do, yet. Well the DS has with fucking kirby, the lemmings fan in me is dying for it. I dont want to buy the DS though. As it stands the DS has more games that interest me.

GaimeGuy

Monk said:
Not really, neither of them do, yet. Well the DS has with fucking kirby, the lemmings fan in me is dying for it. I dont want to buy the DS though. As it stands the DS has more games that interest me.
And this is what matters.

Whichever system has more appealing games is the system which each individual should invest in.

Myself? I'm a Nintendo fanboy, I love platformers like Kirby and Mario as well as arcadey racers like Mario Kart and Wipeout. I love Strategy games like Advance Wars, and yes, good card games like Metal Gear Acid and Baten Kaitos. Same with RPGs, although I usually only like having one or two RPGs every three months or so (otherwise I get bored of them. :lol )

Both systems appeal to me, but the facts remain that the PSP is a little heavier on the sports titles and FPSes compared to the DS, the DS in my eyes has a better upcoming lineup, and the lower prices of the games and hardware are easier on my wallet. Thus, I chose the DS. I have no doubt I will get the PSP when it price drops to 150-200 and games are more regularly priced between 35 and 40 dollars. Just that now isn't the time.

I think it's time to repost some images!

Drinky and MAF go on a rampage against Nintendo fans! The Day of Cleansing is nigh!
shangpsp.jpg

But don't worry, DS fans, your day will come soon enough!
dsdenial.jpg

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Porridge said:
Drinky looks like he actually has hair on his chest. this artist sucks.

AACK! YOU BEAR THE MARK OF THE DRINKY CLAN!

I'm going to have to seriously pay tribute at the Temple of Drinky... I'm going to be outnumbered, pretty soon.

Porridge

DavidDayton said:
AACK! YOU BEAR THE MARK OF THE DRINKY CLAN!

I'm going to have to seriously pay tribute at the Temple of Drinky... I'm going to be outnumbered, pretty soon.

I tried to taint his avatar with a little Nintendo love, for he has none at all.

his loss though because Yokoi ain't lettin his ass through the pearly gates

GaimeGuy

would you stop with the holocaust jokes? They really aren't funny.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
I love my DS, though I must admit, the better part of that love, right now, is its superior GBA playback capacity.

That'll change, I'm sure, as more and better games are released.

Right now, I'm feeling a significant drought with both my PSP and my DS. *sighs*

demi

Porridge said:
I tried to taint his avatar with a little Nintendo love, for he has none at all.

his loss though because Yokoi ain't lettin his ass through the pearly gates

Join Drinky Puppy Club we offer the love that only Nintendo can provide

GaimeGuy

Mejilan said:
I love my DS, though I must admit, the better part of that love, right now, is its superior GBA playback capacity.

That'll change, I'm sure, as more and better games are released.

Right now, I'm feeling a significant drought with both my PSP and my DS. *sighs*
This is what happens with all consoles at launch. There's nothing to do but wait it out (or replay your games)

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
I know. But the knowing doesn't make the wait any easier, or the experience any less bitter.

tetsuoxb

marsomega said:
Since GAF is already going the OPA-AGES route (minus the bannings) why don't we just let them back in?

Awesome, now back to your derivative Halo games and orally masturbating Allard for all eternity.

So, who wants tot ake bets on the final dominating party of the GAF?

The XB in my name is for X-Band (yes, THAT X-Band) not Xbox. Douche.

GaimeGuy

MrAngryFace said:
they're about as funny as the pope jokes ;P

Now this might be contributed to by the fact that I am a Jew, but I'd say joking about the death of an 84 year old by natural causes is much more "acceptable" than joking about the slaughtering of over ten million people for being "different."

But that's just me. :)

Anyways, yeah, the wait sucks. Worst part of any console by far: the post-launch draught.

SFA_AOK

Now I remember why I don't read the gaming forum.

P.S. Yesterday, after I noticed the forum was down, I started playing my DS. Mario DS at that! Coinkydink?! I THINK NOT.

Back to OT...

marsomega

SFA_AOK said:
Now I remember why I don't read the gaming forum.

P.S. Yesterday, after I noticed the forum was down, I started playing my DS. Mario DS at that! Coinkydink?! I THINK NOT.

Back to OT...

Right there with you. (While I still can.)

F

Folder

Unconfirmed Member
This thread is the most terrifying example of an online ego gone mad I think any of us are likely to see.
An admin starts a troll thread. People react to it. They get banned.
I think it's bullshit. But more importantly, I think it's sad.
Remember, you have to have something worthwhile that people want to get involved in to make being banned from it anything but a good thing. If GAF carries on like this, it will be worse than the very worst gaming forums out there.
Which would be a great shame.

I'm not going to post here again, at least for the entirety of April as I think the childish actions on show here are a disgrace. I might come back after that, might not.

Have a nice rain month!

Love Folder

:)

Odnetnin

Banned
MrAngryFace said:
I find the pope jokes a bit sad since if he developed games n shit there'd be a fucking gaf moment of silence.

why? This is a gaming age. The Pope is a religious figure head and well, only appeals to a certain demographic. Same with games. He was old and sick. Time to go and he went. I don't understand the catholic grief. Its not like a) he's going to hell b) they're not getting a replacement

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
It comes down to the fact that Nintendo launched the DS 8 months premature. Starving your audience is the wrong way to impress the public and if it wasn't BC with the GBA it'd already be dead. I'm not exactly saying the PSP is a must buy either I would definitely wait for the inevitable price drops on both machines but games wise the PSP has HUGE edge. I love Nintendo but the DS gets less attractive by the day and I use to be stoked for it.

Top Bottom