• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The NYC Chicken Sandwich warz continue, Shake Shake strikes back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

entremet

Edit: Shake Shack. Damn autocorrect.

Another Chick-Fil-A "inspired" sandwich enters the fast casual scene.

This not too long after David Chang opened his ode Chick-Fil-A--Fuku

chicken-shack.jpg

Chicken sandwiches are new burgers it seems. Limited time offer, though and only in Brooklyn Shake Shacks.

This is the Shack's first-ever fried chicken sandwich, if you can believe it. According to a press release, it's a "crispy all-natural and antibiotic-free chicken breast with lettuce, pickles and buttermilk herb mayo." It retails for $6.29, but the catch is that it's only available at the Brooklyn Shake Shacks, for a limited time. It hits the menu today at 11 a.m.

Stay tuned for more details on the chicken sandwich that will eventually steal your lover away from you and possibly become the ruler of the free world.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
I say no to pickles

NO

Also chicken sandwiches are the best. From the Asiago Chicken, to the Tendercrisp.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Looks great. Will stand in line outside for one hour on a sun 85F day to order one.

butalala

Does Chik-fil-a taste like pickles? There's one opening near me soon. I want to try it, but I hate pickles.

Chicken sandwiches are the best. I'm all for a chicken sandwich cold war. It's too bad these are only in Brooklyn though. Roll that out everywhere else!

What's up with the pickle comments? Do you people even know what a chicken sandwich is?

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I do think there's something going on in the NYC Chicken game that the rest of the world can only dream of right now...

Lazyslob

Banned
Chicken sandwiches are the best. I'm all for a chicken sandwich cold war. It's too bad these are only in Brooklyn though. Roll that out everywhere else!

What's up with the pickle comments? Do you people even know what a chicken sandwich is?

oh chicken sandwiches can only have pickles alright

Lazyslob

Banned
I mean obviously a chicken salad sandwich doesn't need pickles but a fried chicken sandwich requires it.

no it doesnt. pickles are nasty. youre probably one of those who thinks the best pizza has new york water and likes that chili with spaghetti and likes pineapple on pizza

no it doesnt. pickles are nasty. youre probably one of those who thinks the best pizza has new york water and likes that chili with spaghetti and likes pineapple on pizza

If pickles are nasty why do you have to specifically ask for them off? Hmm?

And you're right on all those except that last one. Pineapple on pizza is nasty.

Anjin M

Great Pickle Debate aside, what is the big deal about chicken sandwiches? I can walk into just about any restaurant in Southern California and get one. Is this really a new thing in New York?

entremet

Great Pickle Debate aside, what is the big deal about chicken sandwiches? I can walk into just about any restaurant in Southern California and get one. Is this really a new thing in New York?

Chicken sandwiches are common here.

It's just two of our more successful home grown restauranteurs, mostly known for fine dining, are tackling the item.

Bry0

All these pickle whiners.
Such a shame. Are these the same people that put ketchup on hot dogs?
Man I shouldn't even go there.

Chicken sandwiches are king though.

FStop7

Banned
Another pretender to the throne. C-F-A reigns supreme.

To those decrying pickles on the sandwich... protip: the batter C-F-L uses contains pickles, too.

Does Chik-fil-a taste like pickles? There's one opening near me soon. I want to try it, but I hate pickles.

Im not fond of pickles at all but I never take them out of my Chik Fil A sandwiches. Its mostly there for the crunch but there is a vague pickle taste. Not hindering at all though because all you can taste is that juicy delicious chicken

I may or may not get Chik Fil A after work now

YoungHav

Banned
Chic-Fil-A is overrated so this is welcome. My local deli makes better tasting (grilled) chicken sandwiches than CFA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom