• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The NYC Chicken Sandwich warz continue, Shake Shake strikes back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Superchix is the best

super-chix-kfc-fast-food-06.jpg

get red of than green shit and put some cheddar on that come on now

HUELEN10

Chick-Fil-A can't be beat with their Spicy though.

Love Chick-Fil-A, though I hope ALL locations move to numbers; getting your name and/or gender wrong gets old.

nullref

I wonder if fans of pickles on chicken also like pineapple on pizza

Pickles on a chicken sandwich is in good taste – their acidity compliments the deep-fried richness – pineapple on pizza, not so much. So I don't know how much overlap there would be.

matthieuC

get red of than green shit and put some cheddar on that come on now
You can customize your sandwich pretty heavily at superchix. It's excellent, and about the same price as chic fil a. I recommend the fried onion strings on top. Fries and tenders are also excellent.

VUoHgBH.png

They have a bunch of dipping sauces for them.

The only catch with superchix is that there is only one location in Arlington TX. I live right there so I'm lucky.

Luckily I'm sure they'll be expanding since they are actually owned by yum brands (Pizza Hut, KFC).

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I'm sorry but chik fil a sandwiches are not giant crunchy masterpieces. They are small, damp, flat little panty liners of bland disappointment.

They are literally the most overrated fast food of all time, and this in a world that includes Krispy Kreme and In N Out.

These sandwiches are not so much aping Chik Fil A, as they are apologizing for it.

I'm sorry but chik fil a sandwiches are not giant crunchy masterpieces. They are small, damp, flat little panty liners of bland disappointment.

They are literally the most overrated fast food of all time, and this in a world that includes Krispy Kreme and In N Out.

These sandwiches are not so much aping Chik Fil A, as they are apologizing for it.
The above does not hold true for the spicy chicken, which is goat.

they're legitimately amazing. especially with polynesian sauce on top.

entremet

It's a similar trend that happened with burgers years ago.

Pay a little more for better burgers--Five Guys, etc.

Trident

Loaded With Aspartame
Jesus Christ people. Pickles are used to add acid to an item with a lot of umami, same as ketchup of fries or lemon on seafood/chicken.

If you don't like pickles, that's fine, but recognize that the inclusion is an iteration of a very common culinary technique.

matthieuC

I can't argue with the subjectivity of the flavors but the damp flatness and disproportionate hype are actually measurable.
Depends on the location I think (my mall chic fil a is better than the one down the street). When you get a good one they are really, really good.

Jesus Christ people. Pickles are used to add acid to an item with a lot of umami, same as ketchup of fries or lemon on seafood/chicken.

If you don't like pickles, that's fine, but recognize that the inclusion is an iteration of a very common culinary technique.

You expect that kind of logic to be applied by the same group that routinely has 5+ page threads arguing about pineapple on pizza or if Taco Bell should instantly give someone indigestion?

Lazyslob

Banned

you cant make me respect pickle

Wizman23

Banned

Compared to other fast food places Chik Fil A is God Tier.

I hate ketchup on fries. Can't stand it.

BBQ sauce, tho.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
You can customize your sandwich pretty heavily at superchix. It's excellent, and about the same price as chic fil a. I recommend the fried onion strings on top. Fries and tenders are also excellent.

http://i.imgur.com/VUoHgBH.png[/MG]

They have a bunch of dipping sauces for them.

The only catch with superchix is that there is only one location in Arlington TX. I live right there so I'm lucky.

Luckily I'm sure they'll be expanding since they are actually owned by yum brands (Pizza Hut, KFC).[/QUOTE]

Not quite. They opened a spot in North Dallas/Addison.
Ate there yesterday. :)

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
I wish five guys would do chicken sandwiches like their burgers. With all those toppings. But no pickles. Never pickles.

Kinsella

Banned
Chik fil A is all sodium. It's disgusting. I make it better myself and I use King's Hawaiian buns, which are godly. Also Vlassic pickles are better than what Chik Fil A uses. I'd love to try David Chang's variant. I bet it's awesome.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Pickles ruin anything they come in contact with.

Hazmat

It makes me sad when people try CFA and and find it overrated because the sandwich was disappointing. Get the nuggets, people.

All of these look good, but the best chicken sandwich I've ever had is the McDonald's Double McSpicy in Singapore though. Much more juicy and tasty than Chick-Fil-A or any other restaurant I've visited.

Edit: Whoops, didn't see how old this is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom