• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official E-Cigarette Thread Of F#ck Analog Cigarettes

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
11084636_1397468507245300_845583159_n.jpg

That is a beautiful build and I need to get on that level.

dream

I saw a guy rocking a staggered fused Clapton today and it was beautiful. But at the same time, Im just not sure it's worth the effort. I've tried claptons before and the flavor was no better than a standard twisted coil.

Zer0oblivion: I don't think there's really a trick to filling the unicorn bottles. the process just sucks. I just usually slip the tip of the big bottle in and squeeze as hard as I can, then clean up the mess.

DietRob

Since I'm kinda sharing the process of opening my store here. My blog of sorts. Sorry if this bothers anyone I'll quit.

I picked up this furniture today. I'm not unveiling all of it quite yet but here is the sneak peak of it chilling waiting to be setup in the store. When the store gets finished.

euWqTtIl.jpg

Pete Rock

Well I am kind of iffy on these One Hit liquids, they are just okay. I should have seen the obvious with the Muffin Man, I am all about bakery goods and tastes, but for me all I get out of this juice is heavy apple and cinnamon on the inhale and almost nothing on the exhale. It is strange. Heavy clouds with the 80/20 vg/pg but the muffin flavor is very muted half the time and undetectable the other half. So it kind of tastes like an Apple Jax cereal powder. I definitely wouldn't call it Apple Crisp as that implies a bit of goo or stickiness that isn't present. I've had better, it was called Apple J4X. I would rate it a 5/10 so just barely acceptable.

Milk Man is a little bit better for me but not by much. I like creaminess and considering that constitutes half the flavor profile it does not disappoint in that regard. But the strawberry flavor is just kind of weird and off putting. I recently went through a 30ml of "The Milkman" from Vaping Bunny and it was slightly better, but still had the same issue for me. They both taste like artificial strawberry, like a strawberry pop tart. Not like a real strawberry, not even close. I knew this going in after reading some reviews but it is very pronounced and worth mentioning. I would give it a 6/10. Milkman from VB is about a 7/10. The best strawberry & cream vape I have ever had is Milk from Glas and it is an easy 8/10, significantly more rich and smooth and most importantly has that natural strawberry finish.

I would say the best part of the deal was that they still had some eGo One Kits in stock so I am gifting that $50 value and $50 worth of 12mg juice I had sitting around to a friend who has been interested but hesitant to invest in e-cig gear.

I suppose I have been spoiled by better juices and it's hard for me to step back in quality. The best aspect of the juice is the budget price and frankly that wasn't that big of a deal to me so I probably should have passed on these, I think I'll end up giving at least half of each bottle away to another friend who also drips.

Ok, so I'm new to the Sub Ohm vaping.

I've got this:

http://the-best-electronic-cigarette-review.com/eleaf-istick-30w-review/

and this:

http://the-best-electronic-cigarette-review.com/innokin-isub-review-affordable-sub-ohm-tank-innokin/

The difference between Sub Ohm and regular "Above-Ohm" is astounishing!

And tips for good sub ohm vaping? I use my eleaf at 20W
In my very limited experience with sub-ohm tanks, the vapour production/juice consumption is a lot more than regular >1 ohm vaping. I switched to a much lower nic level. I was using 24 mg. juice and it was giving way too much throat hit and I was actually getting a nic buzz from it. Since switching to 6 mg. juice, it's been much better.

Rizific

And tips for good sub ohm vaping? I use my eleaf at 20W
Personally, I enjoy my sub ohm tanks around 0.5 ohms and 30-35w. There are a whole crap load of sub ohm tanks on the market now, it's just a matter of making sure you have enough power for the coils. You might want to look into upgrading to someone with just a tad more power overhead.

In my very limited experience with sub-ohm tanks, the vapour production/juice consumption is a lot more than regular >1 ohm vaping. I switched to a much lower nic level. I was using 24 mg. juice and it was giving way too much throat hit and I was actually getting a nic buzz from it. Since switching to 6 mg. juice, it's been much better.

Ah yes! I used to vape with 12mg nicotine juices, and started using 6mg! I wonder whats it like to use 0mg juices.

With regular vaping I felt nothing! Wonder if its the same with sub ohm!

Personally, I enjoy my sub ohm tanks around 0.5 ohms and 30-35w. There are a whole crap load of sub ohm tanks on the market now, it's just a matter of making sure you have enough power for the coils. You might want to look into upgrading to someone with just a tad more power overhead.

Well, atm the sweet spot is really the 20w! It doesnt damage anything right? Since im using lower power that the 25-35 limit of this tank?

Dude, if you don't know anything about wrapping coils you should really rethink this business venture until you are at least up to snuff

You might construe this as me being a jerk but you wouldn't be able to properly handle your customer base unless you get your chops up.

Start building now. Do it a lot. Pick up spools of every gauge you can get. I'm not saying jump right into claptons but if you're selling an RDA, you better know how to do a proper build on it and teach your customers how to do it as well

Tuvoc

Earlier this week I ordered some juice from Ahlusion (Rick's Request and Thai Iced Tea) and ITCVapes (Spoonlicker OG and Nilla Gorilla). Now this is my first time ordering from websites that make your juice to order.

That being said, have any of you guys ordered from these companies before? I know the ITCVapes juices need to be steeped before they're vapable. I assume this is the reason they're so cheap? But does the same go for the Ahlusion juice since they're also made to order?

If anyone's purchased juice from these companies, could you let me know about how long to steep these juices?

Also, I really hope I like the ITCVapes juices. They're prices are insanely cheap. I just got small bottles to try. Nilla Gorilla was $4.99/15ml and Spoonlicker was $7.99/30 ml. And their 120ml bottles are only $19.99. I go through about 30ml a week and most of the brands I buy are between $17-24 for 30ml. I know some people go through that in a day, but I'd like to save as much money as possible on juices since I already feel I spend too much on new mods and tanks. I buy new hardware maybe once every 3 months or so.

If I don't like these juices I think I'm gonna start DIY'ing. I think that would be a lot of fun!

AnAnole

Does anyone have any suggestions for e-cigs and juice that do a good job of simulating a standard cigarette (throat hit / nicotine delivery)?

Pete Rock

Considering picking up a box mod with temp control and a Zephyrus sub-ohm RTA, been waiting a long time for new gear and I feel the stars have finally aligned. Tired of dripping but still want tasty clouds.

caramac

So here's my current set up, Vaporshark RDNA40 with a Derringer (clone) RDA

Juice is Looper by ANML, really liking it albeit a bit on the pricey side.

dsc066245nym5.png

dream

Considering picking up a box mod with temp control and a Zephyrus sub-ohm RTA, been waiting a long time for new gear and I feel the stars have finally aligned. Tired of dripping but still want tasty clouds.

I recently used a friend's Zephyrus and it really is that good.

I've been pondering the IPV 3 Li, but at this point, I think I might just wait for the Sigelei 150 TC to ship in volume.

Joe

it took about 18 months but i am on 0mg nicotine now. it feels great and i have no withdrawals.

went from 6mg > 3 > 1.5 and spent roughly 6 months on each.

i was never a HEAVY smoker though. maybe 2 packs a week. just thinking about 2 packs a week now makes me gag.

Pete Rock

I recently used a friend's Zephyrus and it really is that good.
It seems to be right up my alley, I want to maintain control of dual coil sub-ohm re-builds while having the benefit of a tank feeding system. I have read that it can leak if you wick it incorrectly so there will probably be a bit of a learning curve, but for thirty bones I think I am ready to give it a spin.

I've been pondering the IPV 3 Li, but at this point, I think I might just wait for the Sigelei 150 TC to ship in volume.
I am going back and forth between the Sigelei 75/150 w TC, mainly because either model would also be able to run double duty and power my oil concentrate atomizer which requires 7.4V @ 40 watts. I just have to order a little adapter to take the threads from 601 to 510 and it should work just fine.

I am not super fond of the rubberized body and the design of the 150 and like the smaller form factor of the 75. I am used to running a mech with a single 18650 @ 35 watts max output, so I feel I would probably be fine with the smaller rated device and form factor. I already have a 4 bay charger and extra cells.

The only thing that is keeping me from jumping on board right away is the idea that Ti coils could be the better option over Ni in the future and that wire is currently unsupported, from what I understand you would have to do the math to offset the resistance difference and arrive at the correct setting if you wanted to run a Ti coil on a board with temp control configured for Ni. Decisions, decisions, aughhhhh (charlie brown style)!!!

it took about 18 months but i am on 0mg nicotine now. it feels great and i have no withdrawals.
Congratulations dude it's really great to hear success stories! I think you made a wise decision by giving each nic drop a six month window.

I was going to order a bunch of weird juice today (Schwartz, Shijin, Loire) then I got sidetracked and discovered juicedb.com which was interesting. Cross referenced the top rated Horchata-Tas and found a bunch of people flipping out about it on reddit.

So I ordered the 10ml sampler from B-X Vapor and had them swap the Dr Pepper flavor for another Horchata. Excited to try these out! They are "budget" friendly juices with similar pricing model as OHW, but you don't have to order the full 180ml in one shot.

Letting the OHW liquids steep for a little while longer, I'll probably give them another spin later this week.

Joe

Congratulations dude it's really great to hear success stories! I think you made a wise decision by giving each nic drop a six month window.
thanks! it took a while but it was well worth it

Are they any recommendations for an e-cig that is close in form to a regular cig?
a general rule of thumb is that the closer it looks like a regular cigarette the worse it probably is.

my personal recommendation for a beginner right now would be the Kanger SUBOX Mini starter kit. It's a great device, it's a great and relatively small size, it feels good in the hand, it comes with a great tank that uses replaceable and pre-made coils, and it is relatively cheap.

you do have to buy a separate battery though (or two if you use it a lot and need to switch on the fly) and a plastic case to store the batteries when they are not in use but at least you can charge the battery in the device via usb.

having a removable battery is great because battery safety is no joke and i highly recommend removing the battery and placing it in a plastic battery case when not it is not in use or left unattended for long periods of time. i had an MVP 3 which is a highly regarded device but it started acting up after a few months and started turning on and off by itself. the battery was non-removable and i simply did not trust it while i slept so i needed to get a device with a removable battery.

an equally important decision is juice. getting the right flavor and the right nicotine strength is essential. it is common for new users to use an ecig for a few days then go back to cigarettes or end up using both simply because it wasn't fulfilling their needs. experimentation and finding what you need and like is essential if you are truly looking to ditch cigarettes for good.

if you can successfully use an e-cig in place of cigarettes for a 3 full months then you've made it. cigarettes will start to seem like the grossest things in the world at this point.

Anton668

question about temp control...

seeing as how my Naut Mini doesnt have it. And looking around, the only place I could find atomizers that would work with it were over 8 fucking dollars a piece!!!! whats a good upgrade tank I can look at, or maybe someone else has better google-fu than I and knows where I can get atomizers that dont cost an arm and a leg.

Chopper

seeing as how my Naut Mini doesnt have it. And looking around, the only place I could find atomizers that would work with it were over 8 fucking dollars a piece!!!! whats a good upgrade tank I can look at, or maybe someone else has better google-fu than I and knows where I can get atomizers that dont cost an arm and a leg.
Kanger Subtanks have compatible coils, and you can get multipacks for the same price as their regular heads...

If the Nautilus mini has a RBA section, you can make your own Ni200 coils.

Fasttech sells the Kanger subtank nickel coil heads for just over $10 for a 5 pack.
https://www.fasttech.com/product/2284300-authentic-kangertech-ni200-occ-coil-head-for

karasu

thanks! it took a while but it was well worth it

a general rule of thumb is that the closer it looks like a regular cigarette the worse it probably is.

my personal recommendation for a beginner right now would be the Kanger SUBOX Mini starter kit. It's a great device, it's a great and relatively small size, it feels good in the hand, it comes with a great tank that uses replaceable and pre-made coils, and it is relatively cheap.

you do have to buy a separate battery though (or two if you use it a lot and need to switch on the fly) and a plastic case to store the batteries when they are not in use but at least you can charge the battery in the device via usb.

having a removable battery is great because battery safety is no joke and i highly recommend removing the battery and placing it in a plastic battery case when not it is not in use or left unattended for long periods of time. i had an MVP 3 which is a highly regarded device but it started acting up after a few months and started turning on and off by itself. the battery was non-removable and i simply did not trust it while i slept so i needed to get a device with a removable battery.

an equally important decision is juice. getting the right flavor and the right nicotine strength is essential. it is common for new users to use an ecig for a few days then go back to cigarettes or end up using both simply because it wasn't fulfilling their needs. experimentation and finding what you need and like is essential if you are truly looking to ditch cigarettes for good.

if you can successfully use an e-cig in place of cigarettes for a 3 full months then you've made it. cigarettes will start to seem like the grossest things in the world at this point.

Thanks I'll look into that! I got one of those Blu starters and that thing tastes like a burned up action figure so I won't be going back to that.

Pete Rock

For me, both juices got significantly better after a week of steeping.
Gave The Muffin Man another spin today, wow, you were sooooo correct! Steeping for a week allowed everything to mellow out, the apple and cinnamon aren't punching me in the tongue anymore and I am getting a lot of mellow muffin kind of taste on the exhale. Nice! Hope I can say the same for the Milk Man. Getting my B-X Vapors order delivered this weekend, I will let those chill out for a few days and report back on them next week.

After doing some research on temperature control I think I might wait for a solid DNA200 box mod. I really like the concept and the look of their escribe software when connected to your PC. I think that is a fantastic idea and it helps justify the doubled price point relative to Chinese chips. I want to use Ti and skip Ni entirely and they have a field for a custom material curve, you can get the Ti resistance metrics from external website calculators and punch them in and be good to go.

Also I am scrapping my idea of buying an adapter for my old oil cartridge. I am going to sell that with the included 7.4v dual 18350 mod and all accessories on the FC classifieds. Then I am going to buy a simple RDA, titanium wire and ceramic wicks and make my own load-as-you-go hash oil cartridges that operate under temperature control. I have observed a few other cats who have gone this route and it seems like the perfect solution. No burned oil, no wasted oil, this is going to be perfect and look fantastic! Very cheap and timely to rebuild with everything on-hand at all times assuming flavor does eventually start to nose off, no disposable waste produced other than the wicks and wire.

h#shdem0n

Are they any recommendations for an e-cig that is close in form to a regular cig?

The Mig Cig: http://www.migcigs.com/

It's generally considered the best cigalike. If you were a heavy smoker though you might want to get a higher mAh battery, so you can vape all day without having to charge it.

There is literally no reason for you to jump right into vaping sub ohm on box mods. Don't let people tell you how to get the most out of your vaping experience. It's more fun to figure it out yourself.

Tuvoc

So guys, I picked up a Sigeli 75W TC box and a Herakles tank yesterday. I'm really liking the combo and am surprised at how different they are from the Kanger Subox/Subtank combo.

I think there might be something wrong with the Sigeli though. No matter what tank or atty I put on it, the readout on the screen only says .3ohm. I read the manual but I can't seem to find anything that I might be doing wrong. Does anybody know why it would be doing this?

I may end up having to return it tomorrow.

Rizific

The Mig Cig: http://www.migcigs.com/

It's generally considered the best cigalike. If you were a heavy smoker though you might want to get a higher mAh battery, so you can vape all day without having to charge it.

There is literally no reason for you to jump right into vaping sub ohm on box mods. Don't let people tell you how to get the most out of your vaping experience. It's more fun to figure it out yourself.
i dont know about all that. literally the ONLY advantage that a cigalike has over a basic vv/vw mod is its form factor. flavor, battery life, vapor production, air flow, and everything else you can think of is much better on a basic mod like an istick30. i think its generally understood that cigalikes are pretty much shit. a vv/vw mod paired with a clearomizer with adjustable airflow will really let you experiment and find that sweet spot. you wont get that with a cigalike. just a waste of money imo because you'll likely end up upgrading anyway.
So guys, I picked up a Sigeli 75W TC box and a Herakles tank yesterday. I'm really liking the combo and am surprised at how different they are from the Kanger Subox/Subtank combo.

I think there might be something wrong with the Sigeli though. No matter what tank or atty I put on it, the readout on the screen only says .3ohm. I read the manual but I can't seem to find anything that I might be doing wrong. Does anybody know why it would be doing this?

are you firing it after changing atomizers? you need to fire it atleast once to get a new reading.

h#shdem0n

i dont know about all that. literally the ONLY advantage that a cigalike has over a basic vv/vw mod is its form factor. flavor, battery life, vapor production, air flow, and everything else you can think of is much better on a basic mod like an istick30. i think its generally understood that cigalikes are pretty much shit. a vv/vw mod paired with a clearomizer with adjustable airflow will really let you experiment and find that sweet spot. you wont get that with a cigalike. just a waste of money imo because you'll likely end up upgrading anyway.

None of that shit is going to matter to someone who is so new to vaping they need to ask the question. When I go to B&Ms and taste their juice, they use egos. Not giant box mods. That's enthusiast shit. And I would expect no less from GAF.

Rizific

None of that shit is going to matter to someone who is so new to vaping they need to ask the question. When I go to B&Ms and taste their juice, they use egos. Not giant box mods. That's enthusiast shit. And I would expect no less from GAF.
so then confining someone to a pretty poor experience would be the better option? those egos are also better options than any cigalike. at least with some of the egos (or ego style pens) they offer some variable voltage and you can pair them with pretty decent clearomizers. giant box mods? hardly. have you even seen an istick30?
istick_comparison.jpg

about twice the width of an ego and pretty much the same height of a 800mah ego . SO HUGE. yeah, there are enthusiast level box mods that are huge. but im not recommending those.

h#shdem0n

so then confining someone to a pretty poor experience would be the better option? those egos are also better options than any cigalike. at least with some of the egos (or ego style pens) they offer some variable voltage and you can pair them with pretty decent clearomizers. giant box mods? hardly. have you even seen an istick30?
istick_comparison.jpg

about twice the width of an ego and pretty much the same height of a 800mah ego . SO HUGE. yeah, there are enthusiast level box mods that are huge. but im not recommending those.

You're right, those will offer better performance. But they were asking for something with a cig form factor, which is the question I was answering. I don't think they should feel pressured into trying any form factor other than the one that they're most comfortable with, especially since they're going to have to learn (from research AND experience) before they can figure out what sort of set up is really going to be best for them.

Anton668

as someone who came into this wanting nothing more than a "cigalike", cuz after all, I wasnt trying to get into vaping, I was just trying to replace ciggs. so naturally i wanted to keep the experience as 1:1 as possible. the thing with replacing ciggs isnt only the nic, but the throat hit, and so on. and after trying a few of those "cigalikes" I almost gave up cuz they were all shite.

went to a ego pen type with a cheapy clearo and it was a world of difference!

then i went to a istick 20 with a naut mini and vowed i would never go back! now im on a istick 40w TC and looking into a diff tank.

anyways.... the starter kit in the OP is what I went with and its ok to get you in the door. but I would replace the clearos asap! I went with the kanger evods and loved them despite the funny habit they have of one day deciding to leak out of nowhere. granted it takes awhile for that to happen. and the atomizers lasted a long time as well!

and if youre of the mind that it has to be a 1:1 or nothing, lose that thought. youll be much better off. i sure was...

h#shdem0n

the mig cig is basically a thinner ego with a clearomizer

http://www.migcigs.com/Mig-Cigs-Mig-21-Clear-Fusion-vapor-cigarettes-s/1910.htm

it's the high end of cigalikes, which is still low-middle over all

only 380 mAh sucks tho. and also $80 haha i thought it would be cheaper. i wouldnt fuck with it unless i was loaded or really dedicated to the cig form factor, which for me anything cylindrical is close enough. I've been vaping for a little over a year and my next purchase will prob be a VW box. If I hadn't had to learn the hard way not to fuck with cheap tanks, I might have one already.

Chopper

I have two stupid questions:

1. Is there any reason why the nickel temp control Atlantis heads, which are Vaporshark branded, wouldn't work on a Sigelei 75w? A few of the product pages I've seen on some online stores suggest they can only be used on a DNA chip.

2. Is there any reason said heads couldn't be used on a Triton, considering all the other Atlantis heads appear to be compatible?

Rizific

I have two stupid questions:

1. Is there any reason why the nickel temp control Atlantis heads, which are Vaporshark branded, wouldn't work on a Sigelei 75w? A few of the product pages I've seen on some online stores suggest they can only be used on a DNA chip.

2. Is there any reason said heads couldn't be used on a Triton, considering all the other Atlantis heads appear to be compatible?
1.no reason at all that it should not work.

2.if the head is made for the tank and fits properly, it should work.

Just recently got into vaping and grabbed an iStick30 with a Kanger Subtank Mini and can not wait to try it out. I've been using an iSmoke Twist which isn't bad but I wanna step it up a bit more. Grabbed Alloy Blends- Etched to have a flavor different from the Sicboy - MBYC and Snake Bite I already have.

I just picked up the Kanger combo and love it. More vapor, and tastes better than any of the mechanical builds RDA/RTA I've tried. What makes the Herakles different?

Tuvoc

What makes the Herakles different?

The biggest difference I've noticed is the airflow. Firing it at 50W on my Sigelei feels just like hitting a dripper. To put it into perspective, the smallest airflow setting allows more airflow than the largest setting on the Kanger Subtank

DietRob

Saw a couple reports about the iStick 50w catching on fire due to it auto firing. Has anyone had this happen to theirs yet?

Not here. I have one.

People need to lock their devices before they go in the pocket. It's a safety issue.

Top Bottom