• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order: 1886 Gets New Direct-Feed Screenshots From Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.

nib95

Banned
Now back to the trophies again,hehe this is never ending.

The amusing thing to me about the whole play through thing, is that the YouTube guys play through is actually closer to 6 hours, not 5 hours, and as mentioned before, that is ignoring the viewables and collectibles, and playing on an easy difficulty. But for some reason that is being misconstrued to form a narrative that the game is only 5 hours long, even though that doesn't even line up with the videos, or with the other confirmed GAFer play times we have, which are closer to 10-14 hours (these ones including much more exposition and collectibles, and harder difficulties).

Funnier still is that all the positive impressions of the game from those who have or are playing it, are getting drowned out in all this.

mejin

In Brazil, Xbox fanatics started to spoiler the end of the game in some forums...,beware brazilians gaffers.

NHale

http://psnprofiles.com/ReNeGaDe124

This guy platinum'd the game in 10 hours and 38 minutes.

I guess this is the final proof for this game's lenght, I'm going to cancel my pre-order right now.

That's the most stupid argument about game length I ever saw. For example, you can 100% The Swapper in 30 minutes. But the game length is nowhere near 30 minutes.

You can't calculate that unless you know the game automatically gives a unmissable trophy at the start of the game. If it's like TLOU you can spend 5 hours in the game before getting your first trophy, so you can basically take 7 hours between first trophy and getting the trophy for finishing the game.

zoukka

Should have done what the first Uncharted did, and made it so that you had to play the game more than once in order to obtain the platinum. Not that it would make any difference whatsoever in terms of the content included, but it would make The Order seem like it has more to offer.

What? You would actually prefer articial stretching of a game?

djjinx2

PS4 exclusive threads are always a roller-coaster on Gaf. Always get faux concern, real concern and much hype in abundance

Theman2k

Why the panic ?
This game is at least 10 hour long.
When i played the game i took a lot of time to sink into the world, reading signs and newspapers, looking in every corner and i played it on hard. Took me around 12 hours.

Id say it's reasonable, i did feel it ended too soon for its own good though.

IcyEyes

I'm not "attacking" anyone, but perhaps if that's how my comment is being interpreted I should just take it that way.

Unfortunately sound more like an "attack" ... Anyway, this is an useless discussion.
I liked some of your posts, so, yeah, maybe you didn't meant to be aggressive or something like that :D

Sorry for the off topic !

bombshell

Sort the trophies after time unlocked.

His first trophy is for killing 3 enemies in 1 explosion. You have no idea how long into the game he got that.

Loudninja

Why the panic ?
When i played the game i took a lot of time to sink into the world, reading signs and newspapers, looking in every corner and i played it on hard. Took me around 12 hours.

Its not panic, not at this point.

The spoiler topic is messed up too :/

Protome

People's obsession over the length of this game is getting kinda nuts. Surely then glut of mediocre few dozen hour open world games of the past couple of years should have hammered in the idea that more is not always better.

whoa, you guys are still talking about game length? Sheesh, is $60 that hard to part from? Just rent it or trade it in if replay value is such a big deal my goodness. I've never seen so much obsession over a value debate. You guys need to go and work more and get some disposable income. Ridiculous thread, hopefully the actual game and it's story is the bulk of the OT.

The amusing thing to me about the whole play through thing, is that the YouTube guys play through is actually closer to 6 hours, not 5 hours, and as mentioned before, that is ignoring the viewables and collectibles, and playing on an easy difficulty. But for some reason that is being misconstrued to form a narrative that the game is only 5 hours long, even though that doesn't even line up with the videos, or with the other confirmed GAFer play times we have, which are closer to 10-14 hours (these ones including much more exposition and collectibles, and harder difficulties).

Funnier still is that all the positive impressions of the game from those who have or are playing it, are getting drowned out in all this.

Everyone is just seeing what they want to see at this point. Most people have already picked a side.

Discussion has become pointless. Half want to shit on the game without playing it, and the other half just want to get hyped, again, without playing it.

Wait and see.

RexNovis

Banned
Why the panic ?

But there's a YouTube video proving you wrong. Didn't you know? You're less trustworthy than some random dude on YouTube apparently
/s

hydruxo

Why the panic ?

Sounds good to me, that's what I'd come to expect from this type of game. I'm definitely taking my time to soak everything up.

Alienous

People's obsession over the length of this game is getting kinda nuts. Surely then glut of mediocre few dozen hour open world games of the past couple of years should have hammered in the idea that more is not always better.

I think that's certainly true, to a point.

I think it becomes tumultuous when the length is below a certain threshold, like the 5-6 hour mark. For some people it's difficult to justify purchasing a game full price when you can expect to see the credits roll 6 hours after your first press 'Start', and where there isn't an additional multiplayer mode to hold your interest.

But I agree that an average time for completion doesn't say much about how enjoyable a game might be.

Should have done what the first Uncharted did, and made it so that you had to play the game more than once in order to obtain the platinum. Not that it would make any difference whatsoever in terms of the content included, but it would make The Order seem like it has more to offer.

This is obviously sarcasm. It's annoying as hell when you beat a game on a harder difficulty but trophies for lesser difficulties don't unlock as well. If you can beat a game on very hard I'm pretty sure you could beat it on normal or easy. Making you play those difficulties to get those trophies is ridiculous. My first playthrough of Shadows of the Damned was on hard, but I only got the hard mode trophy and not the others and the others are the only ones I think I needed for the Platinum.

RexNovis

Banned
This thread went to hell in a hand basket so damned fast. Now we have people posting spoilers and YouTube links and expressing utmost concern about QTE fests and ZOMG 5 hours long. It was good having some meaningful discussion about the game while it lasted but the trolls always win out eventually.

It's Obamas fault.

JohnOmaha.jpg

Loudninja

This thread went to hell in a hand basket so damned fast. Now we have people posting spoilers and YouTube links and expressing utmost concern about QTE fests and ZOMG 5 hours long. It was good having some meaningful discussion about the game while it lasted but the trolls always win out eventually.
The spoiler topic is way worse now.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
It went to shit ~30 pages ago. That means ~80 pages of an alright thread.

That's amazing for this game so be happy. :p

potam

Banned
I hope this game becomes the largest franchise in entertainment history and ushers in an era of ubercinematic, 30 minute games.

DevilFox

Haters gonna hate but it does not seems like do much damage to this game. This game still doing great and moving the ladder in Amazon charts for the last 2 weeks and currently its at #10. http://www.amazon.com/best-sellers-video-games/zgbs/videogames/ref=sv_vg_12

Unfortunately it's not just about short term sales, it's about the narrative that spreads in the web. We're not talking about Assassin's Creed that will sell a lot regardless of its quality/peformance issues, it's a new IP. I'm aware I'll sound very defensive, but I hate these behaviours because really, how one can even think that watching and playing is the same thing is beyond my understanding. I was reading a forum before, they're shitting on the game just by watching that walkthrough. No talks about sound, acting, level design, story and lore, gunplay, nothing but "5 hours LOL" that is now the official time needed to complete the game, and "it's a movie LOL" or "insults" to RAD and its devs, their incompetence (?) and lies (??) because today's gamer knows better than most devs about everything. It doesn't really matter if there's a guy who said it took around 11 hours to finish the game, it doesn't matter if he's satisfied with it excluding the replayability, the only thing that matters is the web narrative (it's happening here too). Now, I have to admit I was looking at one of the worst forum I know but I know this is a common thing. I actually think that this negativity will hurt sales and discussions and considering that reviews will probably smash it, I'm having a hard time to see a light for this game.
As for me, fingers crossed for what it's worth because aside from gunplay, that looks very solid, I strongly believe in the value of what some people consider a mere "contour" and more focus on this aspect should not be underestimated or diminished.

I hope the game sells gangbusters just to spite the haters.

Same, I want more from this setting.

Am I wrong to interpret this as "I had a moment with the developers and it made the game seem better to me"?

Did you really think that?

RexNovis

Banned
The spoiler topic is way worse now.

I've been avoiding that thread like the plague. I'd actually like to play the game fresh on release day so in light of that and the general absurdity of recent discourse regarding this game I think I'll just go on a blackout till release. So for those of you discussing and posting impressions I give young thanks for a most enjoyable conversation and I bid you all adieu.

Sweep14

IMHO, those haters can try whatever they want, hey, even harder thant that if it pleases them. This game will sale a lot and will be a success.
I expect a majority of players to ask for more of it, wanting a sequel, including multiplayer this time.

I welcome this game with open arms. I love the setting, art work looks great and I don't mind paying $60 bucks for a 10+ game. This is a good palette cleanser after playing a long Jrpg.

Grady

Infamous was the easiest platinum i have ever gotten. It took me about 30 hours to get it. It was a very boring long 20 hours after i beat the initial game in the first 10 hours. Longer platinums do not make a better game. Such a poor argument.

sam777

IMHO, those haters can try whatever they want, hey, even harder thant that if it pleases them. This game will sale a lot and will be a success.
I expect a majority of players to ask for more of it, wanting a sequel, including multiplayer this time.

Online co-op campaign would have been great if it was included. I have no doubt it will be in future iterations of the game, if they make a second one.

nib95

Banned
Personally I think there should have been a trophy for completing the game on the hardest difficulty. Or for doing certain chapters without dying etc, seeing as how you can select them. At least make it a little bit more challenging.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom