• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order 1886: Official spoiler thread for all black bars

Eggbok

Reminds me of the first few levels in Last of Us. There's not a lot of shooting happening, just walking around. IS walking bad now? :p

OsirisBlack

Banned
Looks really beautiful but yeah not much to get excited about in those videos. The scripted sequence
with the arc gun
is essentially a QTE which worries me if the game ends up doing that alot.

Please tell me you're joking, since when is pressing a trigger to shoot considered a qte?

Lingitiz

Please tell me you're joking, since when is pressing a trigger to shoot considered a qte?

I'm just not a fan of hard fail states like that where if you don't do X in time it's game over, but since it is a tutorial section I assume it won't be prevalent. No need to get so defensive.

I'll bring this into the thread from the closed Order thread.

Courtesy of user Alkastelca: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=150758723&postcount=586

The following images show a
vampire.

http://i.imgur.com/1O2f9v7.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/H23b5Y7.jpg

I think I was the first to notice the in-universe mention of them through the interactive site where you get the theme:

Vampires
got an in-universe mention in the Transformation section under 'Hunting Werewolves':

It is also uncertain, as with
vampires
, whether the Catholic Church introduced this weakness into folklore in order to reinforce its strength in combating man’s traditional enemies.

Doesn't confirm some of the suspicions
some have in regards to the Blackwater and The Order
or that we'll see them in this game, but they look to be a real thing in that universe.

Obviously my quote was before the in-game shots were provided from the stream Alkastelca was watching.

KC Denton

I guess I'll use this spoiler thread to post my predictions, and see how many I get right once I beat the game.

Likely:
Galahad abandons the Order and joins the rebels due to major disagreements with the higher-ups of the Order/discovery of corruption in the Order. At least Lafayette joins him in this move while the others stay behind to spy on the Order's actions.

The rebels have in fact allied with Half Breeds. I don't specify "the Half Breeds" as I do not believe the Half Breeds are unified in objectives, see my "Unlikely" prediction below.

Possible:
By the end of the game, the Order is disbanded, whether because the majority get killed or we somehow wipe out all the Half Breeds.

The events of the game are explicitly stated as a hidden history of our present day instead of an alternate timeline. An explanation as to why we lost so much technology, history, and scientific development is provided.

Unlikely (but would be interesting):
The Half Breeds that have been attacking people are not the majority, most of them want to escape persecution and find a place to live on their own. By the end of the game, Galahad and his allies manage to find a way for them to live while remaining unnoticed by the majority of humanity.

OKK

I guess I'll use this spoiler thread to post my predictions, and see how many I get right once I beat the game.

Likely:
Galahad abandons the Order and joins the rebels due to major disagreements with the higher-ups of the Order/discovery of corruption in the Order. At least Lafayette joins him in this move while the others stay behind to spy on the Order's actions.

The rebels have in fact allied with Half Breeds. I don't specify "the Half Breeds" as I do not believe the Half Breeds are unified in objectives, see my "Unlikely" prediction below.

Possible:
By the end of the game, the Order is disbanded, whether because the majority get killed or we somehow wipe out all the Half Breeds.

The events of the game are explicitly stated as a hidden history of our present day instead of an alternate timeline. An explanation as to why we lost so much technology, history, and scientific development is provided.

The Half Breeds that have been attacking people are not the majority, most of them want to escape persecution and find a place to live on their own. By the end of the game, Galahad and his allies manage to find a way for them to live while remaining unnoticed by the majority of humanity.

You just blew my mind and I'm dead serious. The premise and possible directions on how the story will evolve has immense potential.

Why would people willingly discuss spoilers of a game that has yet to be released? Especially if they;re interested in buying it...

Then again, wtf am I doing in here? Lol.

ABORT!

-Cwalat-

How long have the half breeds existed for and lived alongside humans?

How long have the half breeds existed for and lived alongside humans?

Thousands of years according to the interactive site. The Order following King Arthur was the first devoted organization to the fight between them.
since the time of king arthur, I believe. speaking of king arthur what ever happened to him?

They'll likely touch on that. Wonder if Merlin will be involved, as the interactive site was dropping hints about him as well.

So king arthur,merlin and I will assume morgan le fay will have something to do with the halfbreeds I would imagine?

Not with the lycan half-breeds from what I can tell. At least not beyond the origins of The Order. The half breed stuff seems to go earlier than that, though le Fay may have utilized them.

Thousands of years according to the interactive site. The Order following King Arthur was the first devoted organization to the fight between them.

They'll likely touch on that. Wonder if Merlin will be involved, as the interactive site was dropping hints about him as well.

I would imagine a lot of the characters from the camelot tales will be mentioned in the game.

Not with the lycan half-breeds from what I can tell. At least not beyond the origins of The Order. The half breed stuff seems to go earlier than that, though le Fay may have utilized them.

so maybe less to do with magic but more to do with evolution? either way, RAD can take this story in so many directions. So much potential.

-Cwalat-

So, to go back to KC dentons unlikely scenario:

Why haven't half breeds managed to separate themselves from humans geographically? Shouldn't there have been a safe haven naturally where all the half breeds are? After thousands of years living alongside humans, one of the species would've gone extinct.

Top Bottom