• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Snitch says he got a Twitter DM from a "very reliable source" that PlayStation is working on a new AAA IP, and that it will be announced Soon™

It's that easy to be an insider?
Shit here we go.

I heard it from a good source that id software is working on a first person shooter game.

Another source told me that Sony will be making a sequel to the Ghost of T.

Take this with a grain of salt, but apparently Sony has started work on designing the PS6. Word has it that is will feature an AMD APU based on future iterations of their RNDA and Zen architecture.

GHG

You’re obsessed:

3KX7GGK.jpg
fMSeFuT.jpg
TRCCKCT.jpg
yBUdfom.jpg

donald trump alex acosta GIF

skit_data

This guy claims to be the source:

Edit: Looks to been on the money when it comes to GoW Ragnarök and some Ubisoft Forward reveals. He even had som convo with Jason Schreier where Scheirer ended up having to admit he was on the money.

Last edited:

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
So this basically guarantees that if it was gonna be announced before Oct 1, it will now be delayed until December.

saintjules

This guy claims to be the source:

Edit: Looks to been on the money when it comes to GoW Ragnarök and some Ubisoft Forward reveals. He even had som convo with Jason Schreier where Scheirer ended up having to admit he was on the money.

Quite rare for Jason to be wrong. Hmm.

I have a even more reliable source that about half the games Sony is working on is new IPs.

What source?
Jim Ryan

Last edited:
This is just Sony being Sony, and doing Sony-like things. They always introduce a few new triple a exclusive IPs every gen. It is literally their identity.

Scotty W

Banned
What an absurd premise for a news story. What would impress me if someone leaked that the biggest studio was NOT working on a new game.

LOL "Sony is making a new game"

What wild times we live in!

Excited to see a new single-player IP, like Ghost of Tsushima. Not so excited to see what will probably be a live-service game.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
"Playstation" is working on a AAA new IP? So it could just be the AAA new IP we already know Bend is working on?

Massive scoop.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Looks like this guy also confirmed the Metal Gears Solid Remake a few weeks ago. He had also confirmed GOW's November release date before anyone.

BP is rumored to be making MGS. He said David Hayter knows about it. I wonder if we also see that at this September PS showcase hes hinting at.

TBH, If we get this new AAA IP either from Cory or ND's medieval fantasy setting IP, along with a MGS remake, next gen Spiderman and Wolverine, I will be happy. 4 gameplay demos are enough. Death Stranding 2 teaser if im being greedy. Just no more cross gen games. Please.

mortal

If true, I wonder who the developer is and whether this will be a one-off announcement or part of a showcase.

tmlDan

Looks like this guy also confirmed the Metal Gears Solid Remake a few weeks ago. He had also confirmed GOW's November release date before anyone.

BP is rumored to be making MGS. He said David Hayter knows about it. I wonder if we also see that at this September PS showcase hes hinting at.

TBH, If we get this new AAA IP either from Cory or ND's medieval fantasy setting IP, along with a MGS remake, next gen Spiderman and Wolverine, I will be happy. 4 gameplay demos are enough. Death Stranding 2 teaser if im being greedy. Just no more cross gen games. Please.
It would be a dream come true to get all of those in one show, i doubt the newer IP's will give much info other than a CG trailer or maybe a small snippet of prerendered gameplay.

Breaking News

I hear from a good source that McDonalds are working on a new burger. I was right about the KFC chicken promotion so hold onto your butts.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Breaking News

I hear from a good source that McDonalds are working on a new burger. I was right about the KFC chicken promotion so hold onto your butts.
GG, SSM, ND, Bend, Insomniac, and even Housemarquee are all working on new IPs. The real story here is that this one will be revealed in the September show.

GG, SSM, ND, Bend, Insomniac, and even Housemarquee are all working on new IPs. The real story here is that this one will be revealed in the September show.
If there even is a September show. It could be a 3rd party exclusive announced outside of a showcase. Plenty of games are announced outside of those now.

Where did he confirm MGS?

I doubt BP is working on it, they confirmed they were working on new content and not a remake

John Wick

Wow Sony are making new AAA IP! Who would of thought. I hate this type of bullshit leak. I mean could have said something similar and still been right.

Top Bottom