• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Tomorrow Children Beta Announced

Cobaiye

Is there a way to find Galunka without having a friend intown ? Apparently nobody wants to add me so I can't join any of you guys...

Is there a way to find Galunka without having a friend intown ? Apparently nobody wants to add me so I can't join any of you guys...

What's your PSN name? I saw two friend requests from you, but when I went to accept them, they weren't there.

And the bus is working again!

Same as my name here.

Hold on I'll send you another one.

Weird. That's what I thought I saw on those friend requests, but I searched on PSN for your GAF name, but there weren't any results. Nevermind, I thought the i was an l....

Same issue with that request, but I just sent you one to you.

Rob85Fr

Neo Member
Just a quick question, do you know the best way to increase the technology level of a city ? Thanks !

Edit : Well sorry, that's written in the right side of the work bench menu.

Anyone know where the dumpster went to? There's some litter lying around town.

Apparently it got destroyed. Put a new one kinda by town hall.

So I just can't get past the opening credits on the tutorial no matter how many times I've tried, however if I select a town to join I can but I'm now just stuck on a screen showing me inside a moving train.

Really wished I could have played this somewhat :/

voxm

Neo Member
So I just can't get past the opening credits on the tutorial no matter how many times I've tried, however if I select a town to join I can but I'm now just stuck on a screen showing me inside a moving train.

Really wished I could have played this somewhat :/

I've been trying to log in myself for the past 30 mins. Infinite subway loop is real.

rafaelr

compared to last time, i´m also getting quite a few technical difficulties (crashes and disconnects) and loading/connecting to a town takes way longer than before (up to 15 mins).
but once you´re in...
thetomorrowchildrenbeixr0x.jpg

Anyone else just get dumped from the server or just me?

Good time as any to take a break if the server's down, I guess. I've been at it for a couple of hours!

Elandyll

Banned
I gotta say the near constant request for more power and subsequent need for wheel grinding is probably the least fun thing I have ever had to do in a game...

Other things that imo do not work:

-The light/ dark mechanic for clones is a neat idea, in practice it creates a drag on what you can do/ where you can go. Day needs to last (much) longer. Maybe balance it by having less mosquitos during day, but more at night? #shrug
-The lighting and CG is fantastic, but dawn and dusk create a very drab looking and low contrast environment which can seem very ugly, but also affects the machine and puzzle displays and affect readability
- Adding insult to injury, you can be attacked by mosquitos while grinding for electricity. Should not happen imo.
- the cascading requirements can be daunting for basic needs. To build an izverg turret which is rather basic town defense (and really not effective btw) you need at least 3 other buildings?
- mechanics will need to be introduced very gradually in a tutorial imo. Have played now for about 3hrs and beside trying to keep up with town requirements, I only have a very base idea of game mechanics
- its disheartening to mine and chop your heart out in hopes of doing some building when in town, to see your resources disappear like snow in the rain as soon as you arrive
- Freeman dollars are a tad too scarce, specially with towns (at least ours, Homadny, needing constant repairs, and each puzzle solving costing $100.
- puzzles to build anything are really getting old, specially that Im not too good at that slliding kind apparently
- tons of disconnections, but I guess you guys are also possibly stress testing?

There are a few others I'll list later.

I really want to love the game, and I think I will. But the frustrations are too many at this point, at least for me.
Not giving up though :)

Edit: Also, I'm going out on a limb and I think I'm in a town created by mostly Europeans, as it was built last night with tons of stuff already in when I arrived this morning (I am East coast) and tech 3 I think,now we're only 2 playing, constantly out of power and resources, dropped to tech 1 and many buildings are now unavailable due to having other building requirements which have since ben destroyed...

I too am having less fun this time. I think it's the lack of people chatting last night and the whole disappearing characters. Still really annoying. I get it, communism, lolololo... but yeah.

My ongoing theory is the rendering tech Q-Games has suffers when too many characters are visible AND moving / animating. Game seems to lag when many of us are animating together but not much otherwise.

Ministry of Labor apparently got destroyed. New one is to the back left of town as you leave the bus.

edit: or not? I swear it wasn't where it was/is when I was just looking for it?

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
I have the Infinite subway loop. I can't play the beta :( i spent 1 hour trying to join a town but is impossible.I tried continue,then i tried selecting a different town,big ones,small ones and empty ones and nothing.Always the infinite subway loop.I didn't have this problem in the last beta :( and i can't play.

Kalor

I feel like I'm seeing more players appear and disappear more often than the last beta. Feels a lot more empty.

xviper

I have the Infinite subway loop. I can't play the beta :( i spent 1 hour trying to join a town but is impossible.I tried continue,then i tried selecting a different town,big ones,small ones and empty ones and nothing.Always the infinite subway loop.I didn't have this problem in the last beta :( and i can't play.

same here 3 hours !

I'm liking the art style but jesus that depth of field hurts my eyes.

I'm a bit indifferent on the gameplay though, feels a bit too empty what with everyone pulling random disappearing acts and I'm actually quite stumped on what needs to be done around the town.

Spy

I feel like I'm seeing more players appear and disappear more often than the last beta. Feels a lot more empty.
I hope this isn't true. I was still hoping they would do something where as long as you're within a certain radius, the player would be visible.

I'm liking the art style but jesus that depth of field hurts my eyes.

I'm a bit indifferent on the gameplay though, feels a bit too empty what with everyone pulling random disappearing acts and I'm actually quite stumped on what needs to be done around the town.

It could have been the best thing ever at a LAN party 15 years ago.

Rob85Fr

Neo Member
For people having problems joining a town, don't be afraid to wait 10/15min before getting in. Personally, a little town with less than 5 people take less than 5 minutes to join. If I want to join towns with more players, I need to wait sometimes 10min approximately (I'm in France, with 12Mb/s, connected with Ethernet cable). But these towns are actually extremely laggy, and I saw people firing extremely fast with turrets/rockets launcher (lag or hack...?).

Edit : Actually took 16min to join Chakatsy

doby

If my pick axe is broken and we don't have a union store and no one builds one, am I screwed? How can I get wood?

It's a tricky situation. Use the blackmarket or visit another town and buy one from their union shop.

You get wood from chopping down trees, usually from the islands, or craft a sapling and wait for it to grow into a tree to chop down.

bitbydeath

Gold Member
If my pick axe is broken and we don't have a union store and no one builds one, am I screwed? How can I get wood?

You need a chainsaw to chop down trees.
If you can't find a way to get one you might be better off going to another town and using their store, not sure what the load time is like when already in though so probably make that the last resort.

Top Bottom