• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Tomorrow Children Open Beta : All your base are belong to us

Ferr986

Man GAFTown is so done.

We are like 5 of us trying to do something but we can't keep up with the needs of energy and resources all while defending the constant monsters attacks (seems like they don't scale with nº of players so every time a Godzilla comes up it's a lot of destruction for us).

We were one of the top ranked cities....

andylsun

Had to drop but will be back later to rebuild.

Found a red glowing bomb in one of the cubes island that did loads of damage when I threw it. Still can't figure out what the heart thing is about.

Rocket launcher to start mining! Nice tip

Yeah usually in the islands - sushi, whale, moon, inside the "belly" of each item, there is a pre-formed cave including lights and inside there are dolls, resources, monster spawners, etc. So punching a hole into the side is usually a good way of breaking in. After that you usually have so much to do it can take an hour of mucking around kicking or throwing out stuff for other people to take to the bus stop (but not the little dolls don't throw those).

Also on the top or a few other sort of key places there are things that look like drums you open them and if they haven't already been found they contain stuff like tools or whatever.

andylsun

Couple of pictures from the Beta

GAFtown 3.0

O1XCaqSl.jpg

So much metal

odRQJZhl.jpg

Strange Heart in the middle of an island - what do we do with this?

Goe8AVIl.jpg

Izveg wandering through town

76Evgl6l.jpg

I began liking this game more and more after my last playthrough yesterday.

The soundtrack is soothing, the monotomy of the toil and labour is hypnotizing, going back and forth, working and working.

The only thing I still wish is that they let all the other people be visible at all times too

Elandyll

Banned
Man GAFTown is so done.

We are like 5 of us trying to do something but we can't keep up with the needs of energy and resources all while defending the constant monsters attacks (seems like they don't scale with nº of players so every time a Godzilla comes up it's a lot of destruction for us).

We were one of the top ranked cities....

Wait I thought we were in Galunka? Spent a lot of time yesterday night working for that town...

Ridley327

Played a fair bit yesterday. Loved the visuals on a technical level and how committed it was to the propaganda/tin toy aesthetic, and the general premise works really well, but I'm not 100% sold on the long term for the game when it's so open to griefers. Were they planning on adding in password controlled towns at some point? That would go a long way to curbing that kind of behavior.

I think the coolest island I've come across so far has been the whale twofer. The floating cubes also looked really nice.

Just played it for 2 hours straight, mining, planting/cutting trees. It's like digital crack, mindless repetition but without a good feeling, couldn't stop. Glad I played the betas but I'm going to pass. :p

Ferr986

There's some JP guys doing all they can for Gaftown.

There's this guy waving out everyone that jumps on the bus and using his whistle every time the bus is going to departure. Adorable guy.

Handy Fake

I began liking this game more and more after my last playthrough yesterday.

The soundtrack is soothing, the monotomy of the toil and labour is hypnotizing, going back and forth, working and working.

The only thing I still wish is that they let all the other people be visible at all times too

The opiate of the people, Comrade.;)

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Man, what happened to Mikhzhek, it lost all its turrets! EDIT: When the release comes, we really gotta focus on one town only, or else, we're gonna have several failed towns with no residents.

Ferr986

Man, what happened to Mikhzhek, it lost all its turrets! EDIT: When the release comes, we really gotta focus on one town only, or else, we're gonna have several failed towns with no residents.

We got trolled and some people attacked our own buildings.

Thanks everyone who's joining Mikhzeck. We are getting some really cool and good players :)

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
We got trolled and some people attacked our own buildings.

I still don't know how to report players. This is probably the most important aspect of the game to teach to players.

YoungOne

when I picked up a green crystal I accidentally pressed square and my character did a little dance then it started glowing. When I threw it it went into the ground now the are around it is sparkling, what is it doing?

andylsun

I still don't know how to report players. This is probably the most important aspect of the game to teach to players.

Look at them, R1 then sub down. They should flash blue.

Someone did it to me this morning and I've no idea why

You can also praise another player. I did that but no idea what happens

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Look at them, R1 then sub down. They should flash blue.

Someone did it to me this morning and I've no idea why

You can also praise another player. I did that but no idea what happens

I do that, but I don't think it has much of an effect.

doby

when I picked up a green crystal I accidentally pressed square and my character did a little dance then it started glowing. When I threw it it went into the ground now the are around it is sparkling, what is it doing?

Interesting... I've seen glowing green crystals stuck in the ground but thought it was just a bug.

Ferr986

It makes the void walkable.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I hope you guys don't mind that I built two turrets. We are pretty defenseless in some areas.

nicolajNN

I'm going through the tutorial now, played the previous beta, and the alpha, can someone add me on PSN if one of the GAF towns still needs help?

PSN-ID is nicolajNN

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Alright, EVERYONE COME FOR YOUR RESIDENCY. Mikhzhek has now a level 2 town hall! EDIT: That means you can build your house there. NOW GO.

andylsun

If my residence gets destroyed do I loose residency?

Town information board is basically the manual. I should read it

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I built a Residents Store. But I realize it might be a bad decision, should I disassemble it?

Top Bottom