• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT2| Wanted to find Ciri, but everything Gwent wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nooooo! "Pam param Pam Pam param" was supposed to be the title. Sweet OT. There is an insultingly low amount of Triss avatars. Also, does anyone know if you romance
Yennefer will it affect the achievement where you gather all allies to Kaer Morhen. Triss is one of them

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Love the title.

giphy.gif

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
This game is so god damn good. First game in a while where I just simply can't stop thinking about it.

Coreda

You should add a link to the Witcher Community thread

I'll see if I can squeeze it in. Post is a few characters from the limit :p

"CD Projekt Red's third and final game of the Witcher trilogy"

Didn't CDPR state that this was Geralt's last game but not the last Witcher game.

Final in the trilogy, but not the final Witcher game, yeah. Probably could be clearer.

The OT is really, really sexy but how come the complete remake from OT1? Why completely redo it?

Mostly as it was created at prior to, and some at the same time as Raptor's previous OT, so I didn't want to waste the effort, and for those joining now who'd like it in one place.

This game is so god damn good. First game in a while where I just simply can't stop thinking about it.

This is how I feel haha, like 90% of my posts on GAF since this game came out are about Wild Hunt or CDPR. I'm so in love with this thing I probably look like a CDPR astroturfer haha. Its so damn good though its honestly all I want to talk about right now in terms of games

Anyone have some links to some good combat tutorial videos? I get my ass beat in almost every fight I'm in.

> Wait for visual cue.
> Press circle to dodge just in time. If you're having problems, don't roll or parry.
> Attack after dodge.

Easy.

When fighting creatures, check the bestiary to see what they are weak against.

So, I'm caving in on buying this thanks to you lot, after feeling burned on DA:I

Pretty excited to play something that is considered by many here to be one of the best RPGs ever, and the Red Dead/GTA comparisons, and testimonies to quality of the world and sidequests have just become too much to ignore.

roytheone

I have two caves that don't turn to gray even when I think I found everything. The caves are: the one where
the bear comes from in the quest where you have to find the goat
, and
the lair of the shrieker
. Did I miss anything? Also, monster decks in gwent are f*** bullshit.

Terra_Ex

Finally finished the Baron's quests last night. This game, man... Even when I'm not playing it, I'm thinking about playing it. It's just in a class of its own.

Chariot

Gotta say, as dumb as Roach act some times, it's nice to see what he does when he idles. He actually goes to water troughs or rivers to drink instead of just standing around and staring. Also got a huge laugh out of me when he ran away from Geralt when I set him on fire. Such small details are incredible.

The "gather all possible allies" one? No, it should still pop even if you don't romance her. I didn't stop her from leaving and she still ends up at Kaer Morhen regardless.
And you still got it right? Thanks for your help and swift response.

boskee

Ok, is the
Gangs of Novigrad
quest glitched? I progressed
Get Junior
quest before touching it and now I am in a position where I can't progress it. Quest description says that I should
Think over Cleaver's offer to help me find Whoreson Junior.
but talking to him results in Geralt saying
I am not interested in your squabbles.
. If I progress
Get Junior
Gangs of Novigrad
fail.

Dat title doe. Excellent work.

#Edit: I've put in two hours total. Excited to finally be done with traveling and vacationing and back to my morning workout, work, dinner, and gaming routine.

So, I'm caving in on buying this thanks to you lot, after feeling burned on DA:I

Pretty excited to play something that is considered by many here to be one of the best RPGs ever, and the Red Dead/GTA comparisons, and testimonies to quality of the world and sidequests have just become too much to ignore.

You will not be dissapointed. I think its totally fair to call CDPR the Rockstar equivalent in the RPG genre.

Dude the SIDE CONTENT in this game is better than the vast majority of RPGs main quests! Phenomenal

Apt101

I figured by level 18 the crafted armor would start looking better (outside of the Witcher sets). My new magic medium armor looks like I stitched together grandma's old green quilt and put a breastplate made from a hammered old tin trashcan over it. Sweet stats though.

Also: any way to take a screenshot from within the GoG Galaxy client? I can't figure it out.

The "gather all possible allies" one? No, it should still pop even if you don't romance her. I didn't stop her from leaving and she still ends up at Kaer Morhen regardless.

I take it I'm still screwed from getting that one if
Kiera is dead in my game?

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Gotta say, as dumb as Roach act some times, it's nice to see what he does when he idles. He actually goes to water troughs or rivers to drink instead of just standing around and staring. Also got a huge laugh out of me when he ran away from Geralt when I set him on fire. Such small details are incredible.

If only he didn't stop dead in front of a 2 ft drop while 9 wolves are chasing me, he would be amazing.

I'm 100 hours in and I just got to Skellige.

45 hours in and I just started the Novigrad questline. Still have a massive amount of question marks to explore on the Velen map as well. I'll probably reach Skeliege at 100 hours as well at this rate.

OT2 already and its been one week? dang... I need to sink more hours in this, I only have 6 hours clocked right now... I guess I fell into the waiting for the game to get more patches to play trap that I usually get stuck in.... They have been churning out patches though, I wonder what we will see this week...

Hoodbury

Tried to play for the first time yesterday but my disc was all scratched up. It barely would go in the PS4 and the sounds the PS4 was making trying to read the disc was worrisome. I got to the title screen and the flaming ash and wind animations were all studdery. All of a sudden it would stop moving and then go really fast and then go normal, then stop again and repeat.

Decided I better just return it for a new disc instead of possibly break my PS4.

Anyone else have any disc problems? When I opened the case for the first time the disc wasn't stuck in it's slot, it was loose in there.

The OT has a lovely recap, but is there anywhere I can read up on what happened between the 2nd and 3rd games? Specifically about Triss...

I just saw her again and apparently she's pissed at me? Was her and Geralt's split after the end of the third game not an okay one? I thought making sure Yen was okay would be important to her as well. Or did she take it as Geralt leaving her for Yen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom