• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Xbox Pro in 2026 ( Brad Sams speculation video )

Next gen as releasing early is the only way that they have had success.

COD exclusive the following year as well...
They can't make COD exclusive due to the agreement with regulators. But they can release something new, like Ghost of Tsushima and Days Gone are new takes on Assassin's Creed, Infamous and Horizon, so too can ABK make a new shooter that's not in the COD IP. The problem is MS has so many FPS devs already do they really want ABK to work on another shooter that isn't COD or Overwatch?

odhiex

I believe that XBOX would not want to be left behind (or caught in between) the PlayStation 5 Pro conversation and comparisons. However, the idea of having a third SKU in the XBOX series (assuming they still support Series S and X for years) in the market would be more complicated than it sounds.

I mean sure, game development is now a lot more streamlined, and consoles have become similar to PCs. On the other hand, optimising/porting games to specific hardware still requires plenty of resources and money, and not many developers have the luxury of releasing games to every device (or launch simultaneously). So, it would not be an easy route for an XBOX Series Pro.

Last edited:

S0ULZB0URNE

They can't make COD exclusive due to the agreement with regulators. But they can release something new, like Ghost of Tsushima and Days Gone are new takes on Assassin's Creed, Infamous and Horizon, so too can ABK make a new shooter that's not in the COD IP. The problem is MS has so many FPS devs already do they really want ABK to work on another shooter that isn't COD or Overwatch?
Until 2027 I read.

Optimus Lime

(L3) + (R3) | Spartan rage activated
While Microsoft continues their cross-buy initiative, thus massively devaluing their hardware offering by allowing their games on PC and cloud, their hardware division will flounder. And, they need to get their day one releases the fuck off Gamepass.

I have taken advantage of their current strategy - but, I can recognise the damage that they are doing to themselves in terms of the system's identity and warrant for existence.

hinch7

Hopefully they'll change the awful naming convention which seems to reset to something completely random (or rng'd) every generation. Just call it Xbox 5 and be done with it.

Last edited:
2026 would make more sense for a new system, but is a year too late for a Pro.

More importantly, if it's a new system, what mistakes is Sony going to make that MS can capitalize on? PS6 will have easy to develop on AMD HW, which also means B/C with the hugely successful PS4 and PS5, meaning people's catalogs can come with tem. And they are going to be around the same price, with the PS6 being more powerful since it's coming 1-2 years later. This isn't going to be a PS3/360 situation.

If anything, it seems MS wants to repeat the horrible One fiasco by having an always online, for the "power of the cloud," console next gen. On top of that, it'll be discless. Good luck.

Last edited:
2026 would make more sense for a new system, but is a year too late for a Pro.

More importantly, if it's a new system, what mistakes is Sony going to make that MS can capitalize on? PS6 will have easy to develop on AMD HW, which also means B/C with the hugely successful PS4 and PS5, meaning people's catalogs can come with tem. And they are going to be around the same price, with the PS6 being more powerful since it's coming 1-2 years later. This isn't going to be a PS3/360 situation.

If anything, it seems MS wants to repeat the horrible One fiasco by having an always online, for the "power of the cloud," console next gen. On top of that, it'll be discless. Good luck.

Big problem is the node shrinks are estimated for 2028

Launching in 2026 is just using delayed 2024 tech

There’s a reason Sony releases consoles when they do; it’s the soonest time they can offer meaningful upgrades

Last edited:

onQ123

Releasing a pro console would mean devs have to work on 3 SKUs
Releasing a next-gen this early might see far less interest than the Xbox Series console.

This just sounds bad all around.
With the AI takeover will devs really be needed to change a Xbox Series S/X game into a Xbox whatever game?

mystech

I’m thinking they pull an Xbox 360 type move and launch the next gen early. The PS5 is already far ahead and the PS5 Pro will only extend things. Making a Pro series X ox won’t do much for for them at this point. Not to mention any pro series Xbox would still be held back by the series S.

I’m thinking Microsoft launches the next generation system with cloud computing capabilities (like their leak suggested). Cloud computing means Xbox can theoretically scale up their system the PS6 ends up launching with more performance.

Moses85

Whats I just saw?!

Cracking Up Lol GIF

And I think the smartest thing for them to do is to make a high-end Android device & instantly get the large user-base they want .
They already made a high-end Android device: the Surface Duo, admittedly a niche device due to the odd dual screens design, and nobody bought it or wanted it.

No one wants a Microsoft phone, that was already abundantly clear after the spectacular failure of Windows Phone.

Dr.D00p

2026 (late) is a good time to do it as Sony won't be able to make PS6 substantially more powerful, launching less than 2yrs later, given the slow cadence of new process nodes and GPUs that now only get updates every two years or so.

Microsoft should do its own thing when it comes to hardware cycles, trying to stick with and second guess what Sony are going to do, is doing them no good.

They should follow Nintendos example.

Red5

By then if MS has completed its acquisition of ActiBlizz, they'll bundle next COD with new Xbox, or even next Doom, next Wolfenstein or the remastered Morrowind and they'll sell out just like the Diablo 4 Xbox bundle was sold out at Wallmart.

Where are the details to this?
The agreement was signed between two private corporations and terms were not disclosed. The media reported that both Sony and Nintendo signed 10 year contracts with MS before the ABK acquisition closed where MS would continue to publish CoD for Sony and Nintendo consoles for the duration of the 10 year deal.

This contract was not signed due to any regulator demands; rather MS did it themselves in order to make the ABK acquisition look more palatable and likely to be approved. Ultimately, it was approved, but the contract was never stipulated by any governmental body as far as anyone knows.

What I'm saying is MS is free to break those contracts anytime they feel like it, but they do so knowing that Sony and Nintendo would likely both sue them and government regulators would likely get involved and investigate MS for antitrust violations. Which is why I don't think it's likely they'll break the 10 year contracts no matter how dire the situation may become for Xbox. The last thing MS wants is a repeat of the late 1990's antitrust trial that almost got their company broken up after they lost.

TrebleShot

Gold Member
They have the resources and the studios to make something special, I hope they also release that haptic gyro controller that leaked it needs to be standard across the board bring it to PC. The console itself will be AI bing up to the balls

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
The only thing that makes sense is if they have games.

If internally they are tracking that some huge heavy hitters will be ready for launch of new hardware then I say go for it.

The main thing they fucked up with this gen was launch. The hardware was on point but they had this idea that gamepass could carry it all. They're wrong.

No one gives a fuck about hardware..its software.

Just make a powerful assed box, and have games. Really good games that run well on the console and if that doesn't work...the brand is literally dead but I think gamers are easily won over with great titles. Deliver some bangers and consistently and you're laughing all the way to the bank.

Build it, and they will cum!

Top Bottom