• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall 2 Multiplayer Technical Test Impressions (XB1/PS4)

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
I need the maps to be a 180 of the pre alpha maps. I dont hate homestead or boom town. I just want them to be outliers

Higher TTK slightly, unless the wall running allows for escapes. Hard to tell with alpha maps

And titans should probably start with shields with batteries removing them. I enjoyed the titan play and thought scorch and ion were very fun and balanced

less automated rodeo probably

Id also like them to remove CAmped Hardpoint because it slowed the mode down for some reason and encouraged loitering around at your home flag

Attrition would be nice and all but I just want solid modes that make sense

PvP shouldn't even exist and is a waste of a playlist IMO and hardpoints flow is ruined

Sorry for all the negativity, but that's what would get me on board

If maps are really good, I can bare the rest, because the map design is crucial

I enjoyed the alpha despite my criticism but not enough to ignore all the above. I just want the game to be what it should be, and fill out the market that it originally had.

I have rainbow 6 for tactical round based game. Imagine if the sequel added tdm, or a respawn mode. Or if its map design ended up being not the amazing map design it is now.

I hear you, I think the maps won't be that big of an issue given we're getting all future ones for free (and I'm hoping there's more tighter ones at launch). Only thing in your list that might be hard to implement gameplay-wise might be the new rodeo system.

Titanfall 2 and Battlefield 1 compliment each other as being opposites. I think it would be nice to play each game back and forth when one begins to bore / frustrate you.

Exactly. That's what I'll be doing. :D I hope Titanfall 2's progression system is deep. Weapons + attachments, the perks, boosts and customization stuff should all play a big hand in that.

Unless they are going to comp us xbox one owners for buying season pass day one. I ain't interested one bit. Nice to know day one supporters from the get go ain't getting shit. Titan fall 2 can go fuck themselves for all I care! #titanfail

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Unless they are going to comp us xbox one owners for buying season pass day one. I ain't interested one bit. Nice to know day one supporters from the get go ain't getting shit. Titan fall 2 can go fuck themselves for all I care! #titanfail

Literally didn't understand what you just typed. You're complaining about what? Season Pass? The game doesn't have one. Angel City early access is for three days only for pre-order buyers, and that's it.

All future maps and modes are free, as Respawn has repeatedly said.

Literally didn't understand what you just typed. You're complaining about what? Season Pass? The game doesn't have one. Angel City early access is for three days only for pre-order buyers, and that's it.

I'm talking titan fall 1

But the season pass of TF1 is also free. Has been for a while now.

Im talking about comping all of us titanfall 1 season pass holders.
we support it early and got fucked. (its bad business)
i rather wait for titanfall 2 just go free to play.

Im talking about comping all of us titanfall 1 season pass holders.
we support it early and got fucked. (its bad business)
i rather wait for titanfall 2 just go free to play.

Well they kinda had too, the game's player base tanked and they needed to do something to get people to play, so giving away the shit for free is all they could have done. Yea it sucks for early adopters but at least they got to play the content. To play any of the dlc maps on PC now? Next to impossible usually.

Were screwed either way, have no one to play with the stuff you paid for, or suck it up and have a boost in player base for a while

Well they kinda had too, the game's player base tanked and they needed to do something to get people to play, so giving away the shit for free is all they could have done. Yea it sucks for early adopters but at least they got to play the content. To play any of the dlc maps on PC now? Next to impossible usually.

Were screwed either way, have no one to play with the stuff you paid for, or suck it up and have a boost in player base for a while

it's just unfortunate more people didn't stick with it.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
How come Amazon doesn't have the preorder bonus?

It's there
https://www.amazon.com/Titanfall-2-Xbox-One/dp/B01GKGVI8K/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1473704761&sr=1-1&keywords=titanfall%2B2

Pre-order bonus offer: Pre-order Titanfall 2 to get 3 days early access to Angel City, the remastered fan favorite map from the first Titanfall, when it releases for free this December. Also receive the Nitro Scorch Pack to give your Titan some extra flair, featuring a special Nitro Warpaint and Firebrand Nose Art customization for the Scorch Titan as well as the unique GOLD| Beast Mode callsign. Nitro codes will be sent within 2 days of release date. Offer only applies when shipped and sold by Amazon.com.

E92 M3

Skins, emblem, nose art, and two executions (1 for Ion and Scorch). It's 67 with Amazon Prime, so I am doing it to support Respawn and because cosmetic stuff is my weakness lol. They should have included an artbook, though.

TF2_Deluxe_Edition_Beauty_Shot._V284577779_.jpg

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Skins, emblem, nose art, and two executions (1 for Ion and Scorch). It's 67 with Amazon Prime, so I am doing it to support Respawn and because cosmetic stuff is my weakness lol. They should have included an artbook, though.

I'm just ordering it because I like the box art better 😔

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!

Aye, not worth 20 extra bucks to me so I'll sit tight for the vanilla game. I should have enough bing rewards credit by then to get it for free digitally :)

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Well,

I just got a very long questionnaire from EA about Titanfall 2, and given the questions they are asking, they seem to know that they went the wrong direction here.. But I'm guessing it's too late to actually fix that.

They had specific sections about map design, Titan design, Titan shields, Titan Spawns, Player Mobility and Game Modes.

Well,

I just got a very long questionnaire from EA about Titanfall 2, and given the questions they are asking, they seem to know that they went the wrong direction here.. But I'm guessing it's too late to actually fix that.

They had specific sections about map design, Titan design, Titan shields, Titan Spawns, Player Mobility and Game Modes.
Seriously? I got one couple of days ago, and I was getting ready to dive into it... but after replying to first two questions ("On a 1-10 scale, how likely is it that you will recommend this game to a friend?", and "Why did you give it that score?"), it just ended. Weird.

Well,

I want to get this so bad.

Gator86

Well,

It's like they spent years in a bubble without, literally, any semblance of feedback from anyone outside of Respawn. I don't know how else you could come out with that first week of the beta as your introduction of TF2 to the world. They really do seem clueless sometimes so I'm glad they're doing surveys like this. Their tweaks from community feedback from week 1 to week 2 of the beta still gives me reasonably high hopes for this game.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Well,

Interesting, seems like alot to fix before the launch though. I played the test and was not pleased at all. I loved Titanfall, but the test felt so foreign to me.

Well,

I didn't receive one :(

Maybe they're taking feedback for future tweaks and maps?

Chris1

Didn't get :(

Interesting, seems like alot to fix before the launch though. I played the test and was not pleased at all. I loved Titanfall, but the test felt so foreign to me.

Sounds more like for the future (DLC/Titanfall 3). They aren't gonna fix the maps before launch which is the biggest problem with the game. The 3 lane design just turns it into a CoD style shooter.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.

Sounds more like for the future (DLC/Titanfall 3). They aren't gonna fix the maps before launch which is the biggest problem with the game. The 3 lane design just turns it into a CoD style shooter.

Given the buzz around Titanfall 2 right now and the slate of big releases coming in the Fall, I will be really surprised if there is a Titanfall 3 at this point, which is a real shame.

The questions asked where not appropriate for DLC, it was more about core mechanic changes from part 1 to part 2.

It was nice to see that they asked about pretty much all of the specific issues that people are complaining about, but without a release date delay, there's just not enough time to course correct.

Chris1

Given the buzz around Titanfall 2 right now and the slate of big releases coming in the Fall, I will be really surprised if there is a Titanfall 3 at this point, which is a real shame.
I think no matter what there will be a Titanfall 3 even if the game sells 1 copy. If EA doesn't want to fund it then MS will for exclusivity, and if Respawn doesn't want to make the game then MS will try to buy the IP for probably cheap if Respawn is done with it.

IMO regardless of how Titanfall 2 ends up there will be a 3rd, somehow. Don't forget that other than Ori, Titanfall is basically the only succesful exclusive new IP on xbox side. I'd be surprised if MS doesn't jump on it if it becomes available.

But I think EA will fund it anyways, the game will still sell enough to warrant a sequel even if it's not as good as 1.

Top Bottom