• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT| Empire State of Emergency

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
Are we rolling with Pandamic for OT2?
SCR_47384.jpg

A short furry friend of mine would like to know :)

pringles

I never made this "much of an issue". I just said that it looks completely idiotic to my eyes and a cheap design way to force the players to prioritize enemies.

Like I said I would prefer if Rushers behaved more realistic, like for example having their allies provide cover fire so that they keep moving closer to your location from cover to cover (not walking slowly like idiots into a rain of bullets). Once they are close to your proximity, then they should start spraying bullets trying to gun you down.
Sometimes 'fun' is better is than 'realistic'. Some of the most tense moments so far have been with a group where we're all screaming to focus down rushers. The normal enemies behave more like what you are talking about, moving from cover to cover and generally trying to push forward on you if they have numbers.

The A.I. is a lot better than I expected actually.

Big Brett

Alright all the hype around this game combined with basically all of my friends owning has finally convinced me to bite the bullet. What should I know? PS4.

Tenck

It sucks when all my friends quit :(

I've gotten two good random parties though, so it's not TOO bad.

Once I reach level 30 and want to do the Dark Zone, what's there to do?

Anyone wants to run Challange lexington event center? Im alone so need a few. will use matchmaking to get more players.

Im down for the daily challange aswell.

Fantasticmrtrout PSN

BraXzy

Finally hit 30 yesterday! Looking forward to gearing up but feeling a bit clueless as to how. I keep seeing people suggest the High End vector but its like 150 Phoenix credits. How are people getting so many? :L

would be on ot2 if not for the discord channel

Discord link?

WITHE1982

Finally hit 30 yesterday! Looking forward to gearing up but feeling a bit clueless as to how. I keep seeing people suggest the High End vector but its like 150 Phoenix credits. How are people getting so many? :L

Discord link?

Daily missions, re-running challenge mission and DZ farming runs. That's what I'm doing at the minute. Most got it before the huge PC nerf though.

I think I saw you online last night. I briefly jumped into your game when trying to fast travel to a safe house the quickly left with an embarrassed look on my face.

WITHE1982

Is this game worth it if you're mostly gonna go solo? None of my pals are interested :p

I played the entire campaign solo. I did however use matchmaking with randoms for every mission. The player base seems pretty decent and I've yet to come across any completely incompetent team mates.

There's a plethora of friends here though. There's a number of GAF groups on PS4, PC and Xbox.

Is there another way to get high level blueprints instead of buying them?

Is the Damascus pistol worth crafting if I have a good purple one? As it seems not that good.

I stripped all the mods from my level 14 gun and I still prefer the stats on ot to guns I'm pucking up at level 18...am I reading it wrong, or even though the DPS is lower, it's still a "better" sniper rifle because the power per shot is higher and its not considerably slower?

c5quU6C

noomi

Think I'm going to make a nice glitch compilation video, I have more than enough. Thankfully most of the glitches are rather hilarious then frustrating.

Guys we need to whip out the Pandas and get to OT2 today

anigif_enhanced-21358-1401207345-2.gif

The Division |OT2| Pandamic in The City

Kabouter

Craft twelve AK74s, only get worse than you already have >_>

Guys as I have also hit 30 now I am looking a way to farm gear.

Does this approach sound right to you? Anyone tried it? They talk about farming challenge mission in Lexington Center.

http://www.lazygamer.co.za/gaming-news/the-division-how-to-easily-get-high-end-gear/

Yes, we got Lexington Event Centre down to where it's really quick:
https://youtu.be/wDqk6Py4QZc

It's a shame the guaranteed gold drop is only ever fabric though.

Is there another way to get high level blueprints instead of buying them?

Is the Damascus pistol worth crafting if I have a good purple one? As it seems not that good.

It is not worth it, no.

ISOM

Is this game worth it if you're mostly gonna go solo? None of my pals are interested :p

Yes, it's definitely possible. You just have to make sure you're a level or two above when entering new areas. So do all the side missions and base missions. And also play the missions on normal if you're on your own.

Brakara

Yes, it's definitely possible. You just have to make sure you're a level or two above when entering new areas. So do all the side missions and base missions. And also play the missions on normal if you're on your own.

You can also easily matchmake with randoms.

Kabouter

So you mean it only drops fabric stuff? Not weapons or other gold equipment?

No, the equipment it drops only breaks down into fabric is what I mean. Weapons and mods can only drop from the boss herself, and that's not super likely, you mostly get purples from her. In ten+ runs yesterday, I think I got one gold non-fabric item. (Caduceus)

5 hours on my alt down the drain because of the tutorial wing upgrade glitch. I can't handle it on my map forever and Ubisoft says the only fix is to make a new character.

Ugh.

valkyre

No, the equipment it drops only breaks down into fabric is what I mean. Weapons and mods can only drop from the boss herself, and that's not super likely, you mostly get purples from her. In ten+ runs yesterday, I think I got one gold non-fabric item. (Caduceus)

I see, what would you recommend as a fast way to get myself dressed in gold? :p

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
I hope we get a good OT title for OT2, can't say I really get this one unless it is based off that annoying Jay Z song?

CrovaxPSO

Crafted so many Black Market AK-74's, all pretty bad, then finally on my last set of materials got two really good traits... but almost the absolute lowest possible roll on the damage range. Still a good weapon but pretty disappointed.

Kabouter

I see, what would you recommend as a fast way to get myself dressed in gold? :p

Earn phoenix credits and craft gold equipment with the plans you buy at the base. The mission rewards for Lexington Event Centre are likely more of a stop-over, since they are equipment level 30 rather than 31 as is the case with blueprints you buy for phoenix credits in either the base or in the higher level DZ areas. The boss can drop level 31 gold items however.

CHC

Yes, it still has great atmosphere and a rather addictive structure. However, there's no reason to play completely solo - the matchmaking is pretty quick and easy for the missions, and they're more fun with company.

valkyre

Earn phoenix credits and craft gold equipment with the plans you buy at the base. The mission rewards for Lexington Event Centre are likely more of a stop-over, since they are equipment level 30 rather than 31 as is the case with blueprints you buy for phoenix credits in either the base or in the higher level DZ areas. The boss can drop level 31 gold items however.

Thanks! And to earn fast phoenix credits what should i do? Go DZ or missions? What is the most efficient way to gather these?

WITHE1982

Is lexington viable for someone without HE gear? I'm currently 82KDPS - 67K Health and was gonna try and run it tonight.

... and WOW. How many times have you guys ran it? You seem to have every spawn memorised.

deoee

Is lexington viable for someone without HE gear? I'm currently 82KDPS - 67K Health and was gonna try and run it tonight.

... and WOW. How many times have you guys ran it? You seem to have every spawn memorised.
You can do it with high purples but it will take some time.

Also they do nothing else but run this or DZ.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
I hope we get a good OT title for OT2, can't say I really get this one unless it is based off that annoying Jay Z song?

Empire State Building - Iconic NYC
State of Emergency - The state NYC is in.

Unless I'm completely missing something, which is highly possible :)

WITHE1982

You can do it with high purples but it will take some time.

Also they do nothing else but run this or DZ.

Ah, fair enough thanks. Wish I had the dedication but alas I don't.

Think I'll up me gear a little before attempting it. I may give it one run just to see what I'm up against.

If only I'd raced to 30 before the PC nerf. Once I can comfortably run the challenge mode I should be OK though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom