• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT| Empire State of Emergency

Status
Not open for further replies.

T.O.P

Banned
... and WOW. How many times have you guys ran it? You seem to have every spawn memorised.

I prefer running Tunnel, so far maybe 20 times

You will be absolutely fine with those Stats doing Tunnel and Lexington... Power Plant and Russian Consulate are harder for sure but my first run on those was with a similar gear to yours and we did well

deoee

Ah, fair enough thanks. Wish I had the dedication but alas I don't.

Think I'll up me gear a little before attempting it. I may give it one run just to see what I'm up against.

If only I'd raced to 30 before the PC nerf. Once I can comfortably run the challenge mode I should be OK though.

Yeah also the luxus of having run some DZ routes and Challenge modes prior nerf also makes current endgame quite easy and farmable. :D

I'm getting there slowly but it depends heavily on the matchmaked team I get assigned to.

KemoSabe

Now I have two missions i can't complete because the Person i need to to talk to has no Icon to interact with...
Is ubisoft aware of this issues?
I hate such things.

Impulsor

Yeah also the luxus of having run some DZ routes and Challenge modes prior nerf also makes current endgame quite easy and farmable. :D

I'm getting there slowly but it depends heavily on the matchmaked team I get assigned to.

Are they nerfing CM?

So I just bought an weapon attachment in one of the dark zone checkpoint vendors that was supposed to put my primary dps up, however when I go to equip that mod the amount it was supposed to increase it by totally doesn't match up on the screen.

What's the deal with this?

WITHE1982

I prefer running Tunnel, so far maybe 20 times

You will be absolutely fine with those Stats doing Tunnel and Lexington... Power Plant and Russian Consulate are harder for sure but my first run on those was with a similar gear to yours and we did well

Cool. I have to take into account my amateur gameplay though. So far I can run most hard missions without being downed. I guess it's just a case of getting the right team together.

Yeah same here dude. So far I've been very lucky with matchmaking and everyone's been very competent. Only had to kick one guy for trying to AFK.

Anyone else unable to pick up the third Echo in the Noble Squad mission?

Yes me! It's bugging the shit out of me as it seems I'll not be able to 100% complete without a patch.

psychotron

I think I'm starting to get the hang of this, but I still feel like I'm doing something wrong. Perhaps someone can help me. I set up my base of operations did maybe 2 story missions after that, and decided to start by working on my medical bay. I'm now a level 6, with the best weapons and armor the vendor is selling at the base.

I hover over side missions on my map, see one called "virus research" which says 2-4, which I'm assuming is the recommended level. It leads me to the backyards of people's houses, which all have wooden fences. I slowly make my way down the path, killing people, but this one guy shows up with a yellow energy bar and nearly one shots me every time. I spend forever chipping away at him and hitting him with grenades and the fucker won't die. He eventually gets to me and I'm killed. What am I doing wrong?

deoee

Cool. I have to take into account my amateur gameplay though. So far I can run most hard missions without being downed. I guess it's just a case of getting the right team together.

Yeah same here dude. So far I've been very lucky with matchmaking and everyone's been very competent. Only had to kick one guy for trying to AFK.

I'M even considering saying a team of 3 people knowing what to do in MM can carry one very bad / afk player :|

valkyre

What is the consesus regarding deconstructing purple items? Do or do not?

Also, can anyone tell me if there are blueprints for gold Lightweight M4 assault rifle? I am in love with this weapon and i need it! If there are no known blueprints, any way to get a guaranteed drop will help.

Klyka

Banned
I think I'm starting to get the hang of this, but I still feel like I'm doing something wrong. Perhaps someone can help me. I set up my base of operations did maybe 2 story missions after that, and decided to start by working on my medical bay. I'm now a level 6, with the best weapons and armor the vendor is selling at the base.

I hover over side missions on my map, see one called "virus research" which says 2-4, which I'm assuming is the recommended level. It leads me to the backyards of people's houses, which all have wooden fences. I slowly make my way down the path, killing people, but this one guy shows up with a yellow energy bar and nearly one shots me every time. I spend forever chipping away at him and hitting him with grenades and the fucker won't die. He eventually gets to me and I'm killed. What am I doing wrong?

you're trying to beat a higher level, named elite enemy at lvl 6 with not very good gear.

Don't worry, that guy kills a lot of people.

I found a new reason to grind the DZ. Sell everything you collect to get up to 500K to buy named high ends in the security wing.

Doing it wrong. Collecting named weapons is meaningless. Dismantle stuff to get crafting supplies and can craft better rolled high-end gear.

FYI the 2 named weapons being sold are not great, and not worth half a million credits. Wait for the stock refresh (2-3 days) for him to hopefully have better high-end items. I have almost 2 million credits and nothing to use them on.

Better off buying blues or purples from vendors and dismantling for parts.

noomi

Ran Lexington on challenge yesterday for the first time ever and we got through it pretty smoothly. Got a nice drop from it, and it was fun... but if I have to run this 20 more times for gear ups it's going to make me annoyed very quickly.

psychotron

you're trying to beat a higher level, named elite enemy at lvl 6 with not very good gear.

Don't worry, that guy kills a lot of people.

Okay, that's good to know. So should I give up on that for now and try other missions? Maybe progress the story?

valkyre

Guys is the Liberator assault rifle a permanent blueprint sale on Special Vendor in Tech wing??

Or is it for a limited amount of time available for sale?

Shane

So I just bought an weapon attachment in one of the dark zone checkpoint vendors that was supposed to put my primary dps up, however when I go to equip that mod the amount it was supposed to increase it by totally doesn't match up on the screen.

What's the deal with this?

Two possibilities:
1) The previous item was complementing something else and that bonus was lost
2) The weird DPS "glitch" I've had where it states the DPS will improve but doesn't change when equiping it. Two of my friends have had this. It goes away following any loading screen. I've had this happen with a store stating DPS would go up with a new item; bought it, equipped it, DPS went down.

KemoSabe

Ugh this Mission...
This guy killed me several times too...
5dog so?
Ended up killing him by luring him to the end of the ally and shoot him from behind the fence that blocks the way to the street.

TEH-CJ

Banned
Sounds like your stash was full.

What were the other game breaking bugs?

No man. I had 4 out of 9 in my stash.

Ill list the number of bugs I have encountered

- falling through the game world numerous times

- getting stuck in geometry numerous times.

- not able to extract

- paul rhodes mission icon not appearing

- pressing R2 and my gun not firing. At times there is a delay of up to 3n or 4 seconds resulting in my death

- stuck in loading screen

- sound completely cutting out. I mean completely. Have to restart ps4 to rectify.

Too many to list.

Two possibilities:
1) The previous item was complementing something else and that bonus was lost
2) The weird DPS "glitch" I've had where it states the DPS will improve but doesn't change when equiping it. Two of my friends have had this. It goes away following any loading screen. I've had this happen with a store stating DPS would go up with a new item; bought it, equipped it, DPS went down.

Sounds a lot like the latter, they should probably fix that soon as well.

Deku Tree

Doing it wrong. Collecting named weapons is meaningless. Dismantle stuff to get crafting supplies and can craft better rolled high-end gear.

FYI the 2 named weapons being sold are not great, and not worth half a million credits. Wait for the stock refresh (2-3 days) for him to hopefully have better high-end items. I have almost 2 million credits and nothing to use them on.

Better off buying blues or purples from vendors and dismantling for parts.

I want lvl 31 named stuff. Not the stuff this week hopefully next week is better. I only have 300K credits lol. Need to get to DZ50 so I can buy blueprints of named gear. That's gonna take a while.

I'm planning to play the game different less hardcore. Not gonna recraft over and over for better rolls for perks. Most people seem to be just running their firearm stat up as much as possible to have the highest DPS independent of perks anyway.

deoee

- not able to extract

- pressing R2 and my gun not firing. At times there is a delay of up to 3n or 4 seconds resulting in my death

Not your backpack (9 slots) but your Stash in base (30 slots).

I fell once and it was annyoing but nothing serious.

Can't tell you anything about the others cause I did not encounter them (yet :|)

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
The Elites are the yellow bad guys aint they? Guy last night kept saying to me Elites were purple and saying I was wrong.

I said this since Water does 20% more damage to Elites but he kept saying I was wasting it.

darkwing

- not able to extract

- stuck in loading screen

- sound completely cutting out. I mean completely. Have to restart ps4 to rectify.

Too many to list.

I encountered a glorious bug where another group of players were running the same mission, baddies weren't too happy with 8 division agents lol

Probably the most annoying bug I have encountered was where we completed a mission and without actually being outside of the playable area, the game decided to warn and teleport me away from everyone else, meaning I didn't get any EXP for the mission.

This has happened twice now, not that it matters much because I am level 30 now but still at the time this was incredibly infuriating.

Since everyone is mostly playing nice in the DZ now, and rogues get hunted down like dogs by everyone on the server, my friend and I had to get a bit more creative in our efforts to introduce chaos.

We became very social. We would engage everyone we met in compliments and general chatter. Eventually someone bit. He thought we were nice, we liked his hat.

He was on the hook.

We invited him to our group, and played like normal. Extracted together once, then went to take out a boss and get some good loot.

Upon completion, and arriving at our 2nd extraction, my friend looked at me and gave the signal. I booted the player from our group, calmly informing him he had trusted the wrong guys. We gunned him down in cold blood and took the loot he was just bragging about.

He was audibly upset. We waited out our rogue status, then found shelter in a large group that was extracting elsewhere. The player we betrayed found us, he wanted revenge. He opened fire and we fought back. As we expected, every player nearby rained hell on this guy for going rogue and attacking us. He repeated this over and over, each time taunting us and telling us we're fucked. And each time he got killed by the crowd of players we hung out with.

You can try to become civil, Agents, but chaos will always find a way. Be careful in the Dark Zone my friends.

The Elites are the yellow bad guys aint they? Guy last night kept saying to me Elites were purple and saying I was wrong.

I said this since Water does 20% more damage to Elites but he kept saying I was wasting it.

That's what i thought i thought Yellows were the highest and Purples right below.

Costia

Is there a reliable way to detach yourself from cover?
Pressing the movement keys sometimes makes me slide along the cover/turn behind a corner.
Pressing space sometimes attaches me to another nearby cover.
The only way i found is double tap on spacebar. But i don't always want to roll, sometimes there are grenades nearby and it might open me to other sources of fire/snipers. Sometimes I just want to detach myself from cover so I can aim freely.

I wish I could just crouch wherever and be in cover. The current system is quite finiky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom