• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition (Xbox One / PlayStation 4) - Jan 28 2014

And reading through the thread carefully this time, I'm surprised even the word "Definitive" can get a reaction out of some folks.

How dare they call it "Definitive" when it most definitely won't look better than it ever could on my *expletive deleted*?

sekrit

Banned
And reading through the thread carefully this time, I'm surprised even the word "Definitive" can get a reaction out of some folks.

How dare they call it "Definitive" when it most definitely won't look better than it ever could on my *expletive deleted*?

Definitive console version.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Reach 86% trophies on the PS3 version, this looks like my next PS4 game, hopefully it more then a PC Max settings port, I don't think a high res current gen port is worthy of a re-release but it'll do if it is.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Hmm. Interesting. If I'm done with all of my PS4 games by January, and if there isn't anything else I'm playing, I may double dip.

I really enjoyed the game, despite my issues with the story. For a better performing, better looking version, at a not shit price, I may do it. I wonder if they'd consider the $10 upgrade promotion that's been going around? That would actually guarantee I buy it day one. I don't think it will qualify, however.

shadow101

Banned
The definitive version will be:

+ Ultra high kick ass graphics

- Multi player: a line across it, when you high lite a message should appear. We are sorry we included this shit in the original release and let me platinum the game.

This is so exciting to me. I have bought and played it on PC and PS3, and I will most likely buy it on day one for the PS4. Tomb Raider is one of my top five of the entire generation, and neck and neck with The Last of Us for game of the year.

The Last of Us godrays at 1080p with hires textures and DOF and whatnot (it doesn't need 60fps). Unfh unfh...

Definitive console version.

Heheh

Bsigg12

Hook it up for $40 and I'm in for a second time. I thought they laid some solid groundwork with this reboot and wouldn't mind playing through it again.

delta25

Banned
Me too, I don't think it will look better than that.

No way this will be 1080p60 with everything maxed out, using tressfx, I'd be amazed if they can keep it locked to 30fps.

I see no reason why the PS4 couldn't easily archive a maxed out game locked at 30fps at 1080p, minus tressfx of course.

wonder if it'll get the tressfx hair?

My GTX570 hits 60FPS with everything maxed....except the framerate cuts in half when I turn on the special hair lol

FroJay

Banned
Enjoyed it the first time.....but not happening. I will not be picking this up on PS4. I assume other titles like this will be ported over as well?

RedSwirl

The current full price of Tomb Raider on Steam is still $50. I'm not sure it'll go down by the release of Definitive Edition. It could very well be $60 but I wouldn't expect it to be below $40.

If Square Enix releases this at $60 . . .

picard.jpg

$40 would be so much more reasonable, hell $30 really, but I'm not delusional. These games drop like a rock in price too and quick. So Square Enix will reap what they sow, if they they fuck up the initial pricing.

GOTY/DLC editions normally MSRP for $60. I don't see a problem with it.

Toa TAK

Banned
Better have some story DLC. Other then that, I don't see a reason to pick it up if people already did it all last gen.

Milennia

Im just happy they announced this outside of the show.

If its 40$ ill pickup and double dip, of its 60$ hell no.

I played it and mildly enjoyed it, yet something felt really off to me the entire time.

Prologue

The thing i'm most excited about in this image is that we get some news on some new GTA5 content today. Heck yea.

They are shipping out a good part of the team to the event. Hopefully its true, only reason I still have my 360.

I think it's funny that some are downplaying the strengths of these consoles so hard that they doubt Tress FX is in. I have absolutely no doubt that Tress Fx will be in.

CREMSteve

If Square Enix releases this at $60 . . .

picard.jpg

$40 would be so much more reasonable, hell $30 really, but I'm not delusional. These games drop like a rock in price too and quick. So Square Enix will reap what they sow, if they they fuck up the initial pricing.
Because everyone played this already, right?

I'll be fine paying 60 for it

JCizzle

Cool, I haven't played it yet, so will enjoy for the butter smooth framerate on ps4. Hopefully we get more of this.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I wonder if Square will do any other releases. I would personally rebuy any of the following.

Sleeping Dogs
Hitman Absolution
Deus Ex
Batman
Just Cause

Daingurse

Because everyone played this already, right?

I'll be fine paying 60 for it

$40 dollars is a more reasonable asking price, regardless of whether you've played the game or not. If you want to get ripped off be my guest, I wouldn't recommend anyone buy it at that price.

Top Bottom