• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Too Human – Stand and be counted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Denis Dyack said:
Glad to see a decent response so far. We may have to "Wambulance" for all the mods claiming the internet is not F41R!

The currency is the tag and metascore is the metric - don't try to change the bet. All those "for" and "against" get their tags changed. To all the mods - pick your meta score. Here is some troll reference from your camp to save you time:

Haze (PS3) Avg Ratio: 57%
Lair (PS3) Avg Ratio: 56%

Don't go to high or you may show your true colors. :) No more crying, no more trolling, just pick. I would suggest the tag stay for 6 months but I am pretty easy on that.

The "Against" seem in the minority so it should not take you too long to change the tags.

What is wrong with you? This is like something Uwe Boll would do.

If the game actually does turn out crappy, they should change your tag to the Uwe Boll of gaming.

Seriously, I still can't decide if GAF's reaction to this thread is amazing or downright sad.

On one hand, you have one hell of a show. Someone set a panda on fire, threw him on a unicycle, put him on the back of a crocodile going down niagara falls. The stuff internet dreams are made of, surely.

On the other hand, a lot of folks seem to be twelve shades of butthurt. It's like Dyack raped your mother whistl pissing on your cheerios and fist-fucking your dog with a torch. Strangely enough, this seems to go by just fine here.. dare I say, it's almost encouraged.

It's one hell of a ride, I tell you (not that I actually need to tell you, you should have figured it all by now).

[QUOTE='Denis Dyack]
Glad to see a decent response so far. We may have to "Wambulance" for all the mods claiming the internet is not F41R!

The currency is the tag and metascore is the metric - don't try to change the bet. All those "for" and "against" get their tags changed. To all the mods - pick your meta score. Here is some troll reference from your camp to save you time:

Don't go to high or you may show your true colors. :) No more crying, no more trolling, just pick. I would suggest the tag stay for 6 months but I am pretty easy on that.

The "Against" seem in the minority so it should not take you too long to change the tags.[/QUOTE]

So... here we go again, I guess.

Amir0x said:
Step away now Dyack before your precious E-PRIDE is hurt anymore when you realize that no matter what happens now, we're all going to continue to laugh at you for being a pathetic petulant child.
qprrdf.gif

TheQueen'sOwn

insert blank space here
It really seems to be the forum regulars that are taking this way too seriously...
This is the internet for christ's sake. One bet... over a tag.
Choose the meta score and man up.

FOR

EDIT: Also the 90% thing is retarded. So if the game gets 89% it's "crap"? Remember, that's what the whole bet is about. Denis is simply stating why he's confident that he'll win the bet. He thinks Too Human is their best game and will thus get higher than ED at 90%.... I think 80% would make far more sense.

(Not that below 80% is crap in my opinion.... but you know GAF won't touch a game below 80)

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
ShockingAlberto said:
Would anyone really believe that if someone came here and said it tomorrow?

I hope he does because the lulz, they would be out-fucking-rageous.

Pachael

So now we're going to put scores against this thing?

OK. (using Eternal Darkness as a baseline)

AGAINST*

*Where Metacritic score is < 90% in two weeks after game release, Too Human fails, even if it scored a 89%.

This is why I find these things funny, you can stretch the argument one way or another.

Denis Dyack said:

The "Against" seem in the minority so it should not take you too long to change the tags.

Personally, I don't own a 360, and I'm not likely to get one for this game, so whether the game does well or poorly makes little difference to me. That said, Eternal Darkness has a metascore of 92. If Too Human is your best game, it should be above that. Haze and Lair are really bad choices for benchmarks.

Given that a score of 92 is rather unlikely for any third-party game without months of hype, I'd say you should give it a cushion of about 5 points, i.e. 87 is a good number for this contest.

P.S. If I get a 360, I might pick this game up, maybe after playing a demo.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Lo-Volt said:
Am I allowed to vote "against" simply because Dyack must be a tremendous asshole to subject us all to a thread like this?

You could just vote "tremendous asshole."

Kusagari

Denis Dyack said:

And your contribution to society is...what?

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
mik said:
lol thats hilarious...

Dyack said:
Wait so you say your game will be one of the best games this year and well received yet you put it up against arguably the worst two games for the PS3 this Gen. So in order for your game not to be a disaster it has to be a less disaster than the biggest disasters. Gotcha!

I say we stick with 90% deal. okok 85% to make it fair since most are either claiming 80 or 90% metacritic scores should be our guide.

I think Too Human looks like it could turn out alright. The graphics and art style are ugly, the false promises are a shame and I am a big skeptic when it comes to twin stick melee combat (it just makes no sense at all). I have it preordered and do plan to buy it, and despite my critisms of it, it is basically Diablo in the future with norse stuff going on, that has to be mean something.

As for how Dyack is acting in this thread, I think that it was a mistake. I would not avoid a game because of how stupid the developers act, I did buy Dementium on DS despite Gamecock acting like a dumbass, but I'm sure there are a lot of people that would do that. Just like how a country would be seen as stupid if the leader/president acts like a loon, same goes for a game company. I mean, if you have someone acting as daft as Dyack as in this thread, you do have the thought cross your mind that maybe something is making him act this way. Hopefully none of the crap going on in this thread affects the games reception critcally or financially, and I think the game is close enough to being out that nothing on the development side could be messed up; that is unless there is going to be some hate in Too Human for neogaf or something like that.

purg3

slept with Malkin
:lol So awesome.

Too Human is now my most anticipated release this year, just for the GAF reaction alone.

Unison

HiddenWings said:
Given that a score of 92 is rather unlikely for any third-party game without months of hype, I'd say you should give it a cushion of about 5 points, i.e. 87 is a good number for this contest.

This is a 1st party game w/ years of hype....

watership

Lo-Volt said:
Am I allowed to vote "against" simply because Dyack must be a tremendous asshole to subject us all to a thread like this?

How dare he! God forbid that developers be active in the community.

RBH

Denis Dyack said:

What in the hell..... :lol

This thread is one for the archives.

Amir0x

Banned
watership said:

Being active in the community = Whining like a little bitch about the relative fairness of people dissing on his shitty game?

Yeah, he really showed us. We might get TAGS!*

if you agree to his hilarious LOL-worthy criteria

Mifune

Mehmber
Amir0x said:
hahaha at this point I'm assuming you've been drinking or something

"Troll reference from [my] camp?" I assume, since you're addressing it to mods and I am indeed one of the mods against your shitty game, that you think that this is also "my camp." And from the metrics you're using, I think it's equally safe to assume you believe that is SONY CAMP LOL.

Sorry to burst your straight-out-of-teamxbox SONYGAF conspiracy theories, but I don't even own a PS3. I don't even like the system. Out of all the systems currently out on the market, the Xbox 360 is the one I like the most by a biiiiig margin.

And then you're saying that you'd win the bet by... managing to top out Lair and Haze on metacritic? Seriously? It's no wonder you made this thread, if that's about the most confident even you are in your ambitious attempt at creating the world's biggest ego magnifier with Too Human.

Step away now Dyack before your precious E-PRIDE is hurt anymore when you realize that no matter what happens now, we're all going to continue to laugh at you for being a pathetic petulant child.

I think you're misreading things a tad.

"Troll reference from your camp" is a joke. He's listing the two games GAF loves to troll.

I think he lists their meta-scores as reference, not as basis to judge.

StuBurns

Banned
Haze and Lair are fucking shit.

This has been in development for the better part of my life.

If you want to look at decent scores, for this game a decent score is mid 80s on metacritic, no less.

If it were me I'd base it on EDGE's score, 8/9/10 Dyack wins, everything else, the haters win.

watership said:
Dyack being active like this in a home community: putting a big sign outside his yard saying "You see this, bitches? This is primo grass you fuckers will never get."

WrikaWrek

Banned
Amir0x said:
hahaha at this point I'm assuming you've been drinking or something

"Troll reference from [my] camp?" I assume, since you're addressing it to mods and I am indeed one of the mods against your shitty game, that you think that this is also "my camp." And from the metrics you're using, I think it's equally safe to assume you believe that is SONY CAMP LOL.

Sorry to burst your straight-out-of-teamxbox SONYGAF conspiracy theories, but I don't even own a PS3. I don't even like the system. Out of all the systems currently out on the market, the Xbox 360 is the one I like the most by a biiiiig margin.

And then you're saying that you'd win the bet by... managing to top out Lair and Haze on metacritic? Seriously? It's no wonder you made this thread, if that's about the most confident even you are in your ambitious attempt at creating the world's biggest ego magnifier with Too Human.

Wow, amirox came looking for blood.

Thread over.

fisheyes

Wow what a thread.

Maybe instead of posting this kind of shit you could be putting the 4 player co-op, the only feature of this game that interested me, back in? That would be great.

cicero

Denis Dyack said:

"It is salutary to train oneself to be no more affected by censure than by praise." - W. Somerset Maugham

Too late for this thread, but maybe not the next one you feel like creating or getting involved with?...

Thank you guys for the laughs. Dyack seems to have little real confidence in TH if he wants to use the meta scores for Haze and Lair (worst games on PS3) as reference scores. Otherwise, he must be really high on something.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
VeritasVierge said:
Thank you guys for the laughs. Dyack seems to have little real confidence in TH if he wants to use the meta scores for Haze and Lair (worst games on PS3) as reference scores. Otherwise, he must be really high on something.

He's High on Too Human, its that good. Remember he has the advantage of actually playing it!!

Papercuts said:

:lol awesome

This thread has been very insane and entertaining. Its stuff like this that make me addicted to this forum (mostly in a lurking form). I'm not for or against Too Human. Everything i see doesn't really interest me, but i might rent it to try it out for myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom