• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Approval Hits New Low Of 32% As Support From His Base Slips — IBD/TIPP Poll

Omadahl

Banned
Shit bag gets shit bag numbers. I want to say it's unbelievable that so many republicans still support him, but that would be a lie.

It looks like the underlying source is this:
- Blumenthal served in the Marine Corps reserve during Vietnam and was never deployed
- Later, when talking to Veterans, he did the political thing where he embellished his service and claimed to have served "in Vietnam" or otherwise left people the impression his service was something more than it was
- The allegations date back a decade
- Trump didn't serve at all and dodged the draft with a deferment for bogus bone spurs
- Also who could blame him because Vietnam was a total fucking mistake and the draft was monstrous so why the hell is this even a thing in 2017

Worse than that: Blumenthal misstated his service twice but not in literally the hundred other times he talked to Veteran groups.

I'm pretty sure that Trump is the Black Knight from Monty Python. He could lose all his limbs and still tell people he can walk around and swing still.

Why couldn't they have figured this out before voting in November?

Because the potency of decrying people as dangerous idealogues was destroyed when Mitt Romney of all people was portrayed as Eater of Worlds, so it didn't really work on Trump, especially against someone people loathed and associated with everything they hate about politics.

All those news where a lot of people proclaimed that nothing will happen? Well here it is. It's definitely taking some effects now and will do so coming into the new year and during the 2018 election season.

Pyrokai

I was hoping Macron would be awesome. What happened? He better fix it. I need a strong German-Franco Europe plz

Sean C

I think "base slipping's" the bigger thing here. I thought they'd be like immovable bedrock until he's impeached.
As time goes on you'll see his disapprovals continue to climb for different reasons: sane people disapproval continuing to increase as he continues to fuck up, and his base approving less and less as he consistently fails to usher in the glorious future they were promised.

boiled goose

good with gravy
As it becomes clear that he's an incompetent loser that is perhaps going down for treason, people will not want to be on the losing side.

he's going to be holding a briefing in NJ about the Opioid crisis. there's a strong chance he'll bring up NH where the governor responded to his comment.

CGDo8wx.png

just going to add to the failing numbers soon i see.

DeviantBoi

If I understood it correctly, one of the reasons that Nixon was impeached was that his approval ratings were so low that Republicans knew it was gonna hurt them during the mid-terms.

Also, they weren't a bunch of traitors trying to hold on to power like today's Republican Party.

If these numbers hold or go lower, hopefully he'll be out by this time next year.

Random Human

They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary. The masked man.
he's going to be holding a briefing in NJ about the Opioid crisis. there's a strong chance he'll bring up NH where the governor responded to his comment.

CGDo8wx.png

This is nuts. A competent administration would've done this months ago, or at least would've done it right after his NH comments came to light.

AndyD

aka andydumi

I predict it will be the creation of a taskforce to look into the problem. Led by someone who is not a physician or has any public health experience. And we will never hear from them again.

I wonder if there will be calls for a presidential election around the same time as the others next year.

Trump or not, there is more chance of people voting with party loyalties if he does it around the same time.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I predict it will be the creation of a taskforce to look into the problem. Led by someone who is not a physician or has any public health experience. And we will never hear from them again.
Didn't he already put Kushner in charge of the opioid crisis? And wasn't Christie invited to participate on that project? Maybe the latter was only rumored.

kess

Tweeted this morning:

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump

The Trump base is far bigger & stronger than ever before (despite some phony Fake News polling). Look at rallies in Penn, Iowa, Ohio.......

..and West Virginia. The fact is the Fake News Russian collusion story, record Stock Market, border security, military strength, jobs.....

.. Supreme Court pick, economic enthusiasm, deregulation & so much more have driven the Trump base even closer together. Will never change!

The IBD is one of the furthest right publications there is outside of Fox News and Sinclair.

jstripes

Banned

CGDo8wx.png

Daniel Dale‏ @ddale8 4 hours ago
Ahh: Trump's "major briefing" on opioids is a briefing of HIM, from Tom Price, not him briefing the public.

Slayven

CGDo8wx.png

If you have to keep telling people how big something is, it's probably ain't that big

Good. Should be lower, but I'll take it. Looking at RCP, Bush II and Obama were about at 50 percent approval when they were reelected. Neither were very popular during their terms, but that was enough to win a second term. Trump approval at under 40 percent should result in his failure to win a second term, especially if the Dems can find a somewhat likeable candidate (i.e. not Hillary). I'll take nothing for granted this time though.

I really hope he starts calling other states drug dens and they are the reason that helped him win. I really hope he starts calling every state drug fueled dens.

cameron

CGDo8wx.png

Trump says to prevent opioid overdoses, tell youths "no good, really bad for you." "If they don't start it'll never be a problem."

— Jennifer Jacobs (@JenniferJJacobs) Aug 8, 2017

Problem solved.

Top Bottom