• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Fires James Comey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure how to react, this only makes Trump look more guilty but at the same time you just know he's going to replace Comey with one his guys and end the investigation on Russian ties.

slit

Oh my god, they're saying they fired Comey because of his handling of Hillary's emails. Basically that they're firing him because Comey was unfair to Hillary.

Omg

I believe that as Comey's actions have caused Trump a lot of pain, misery and work.

CHC

My GOD I am really feeling so fucking bloodthirsty right now, my imagination is like Patrick Bateman's fucking internal monologue

I don't like this

Congress needs to immediately start a special counsel investigation now. Can't have any investigation now that can be considered impartial to all.

AG Sessions reccomendation:
C_ao2zBW0AEQ618.jpg

C_ao2zLXkAQTb2y.jpg

I AM SCREAMING

Xando

I can't take this country serious anymore.

President fires man leading the investigation against the president to install a puppet.

America has gone full Russia/Turkey

Loxley

Oh shit O.O

FBI are probably scrambling to back up and pass-on all of their findings up to this point to the other agencies in the IC. You know Trump is going to install somebody to shut down the Russia probe.

kadotsu

Banned
Imagine how you would act if you were accused of something you hadn't done and someone wanted to investigate to find out the truth.

Contrast that with Trump.

Do I have a multi billion dollar quasi state run propaganda apparatus at my disposal?

Remarkable. Remember his insane racist supporters will say "awesome if Comey cant be loyal to the president he is fired. So refreshing, a true Washington outsider fighting corruption! DRAIN THE SWAMP!"

Literally seeing this on Twitter right now, lol

Jefferson Beauregard Sessions III told Donald Trump to fire the leader of an investigation that Sessions was forced into recusal over because he was implicated in it

And not only did Trump actually do it, Trump just told the nation that Sessions was responsible for the impetus for this

This is somehow not even the 10th most stupid thing Trump has done in the so-far-5-month-old year

It's really quite astounding. Letting Republicans continue to stonewall the investigation would have been a much better defense strategy than abruptly firing the FBI head on the public recommendation of the AG who recused themselves of it.

I think this will probably lead to him getting away with it all.

If anything it's another nail in his coffin. The last bastard that tried this was Nixon and look at how well that ended for him.

This is as much of an indictment of guilt as anything. Trump has dug his grave to the point of no return with this stunt he just pulled.

That 2nd paragraph from Trump to Comey... wow. You can't be much more explicit in saying you're firing someone because they're investigating you.

Pedrito

Good news in a way. It means they really fear there's something that will bring them down, possibly sending them to prison. We'll just need more leaks now.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Why are you guys acting surprised? 0 repercussions for Trump and he shuts down the only investigation with the slightest potential to get somewhere

Basically, nothing will come of this was the right position all along

TheMan

Jefferson Beauregard Sessions III told Donald Trump to fire the leader of an investigation that Sessions was forced into recusal over because he was implicated in it

And not only did Trump actually do it, Trump just told the nation that Sessions was responsible for the impetus for this

This is somehow not even the 10th most stupid thing Trump has done in the so-far-5-month-old year

Sounds shady as fuck, but the Donald does what the Donald wants. And his base just laps it up like fucking dogs.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
These assholes are seriously saying they fired Comey because of his actions during the election, which made Hillary look bad?

Jesus fookin' Christ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom