• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump picks anti-LGBT hate group to run domestic policy transition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crayons

Banned
he's not gonna stop me

The more this country starts oppressing me the more and more I go to gay pride and activism

Fuck, I'm gonna start the Gay Panthers

Raven117

Gold Member
He couldnt be bothered to pivot when him winning might have depended on it. Why would he pivot now that he has won?

Just him being president wont make him any less of a douchebag. This isnt a disney film. Most of the times, the assholes of the world, stay assholes.

That's why it was hope....not disillusionment.

Thanks for putting words in my mouth. This is how the dog pile starts.

"OMG, guise, i'm just running interference fot literal fascist policies. Why are you so mean to me!?"

Guess what? Get used to eating these shit sammiches, and coming here to tell us what hyperbolic babies we are for not wanting to join in.

MUnited83

For you.
Yes. Good thing Pence never supported forcing such therapy on people.
Oh jeez, that sure makes things better doesn't it?

Oh wait. Nope. It doesn't.

I have friends in the US that might die in the next 4 years because of this election. Everyone trying to tell me the fears are hyperbolic can fuck right off as far as i'm concerned.

He couldnt be bothered to pivot when him winning might have depended on it. Why would he pivot now that he has won?

Just him being president wont make him any less of a douchebag. This isnt a disney film. Most of the times, the assholes of the world, stay assholes.

But this makes you entertained right?

Glad you're entertained!!

DNAbro

Yes. Good thing Pence never supported forcing such therapy on people.

Providing it as an option is a problem. Do you know who doesn't have a choice if they want to go to it or not? Gay teens with homophobic parents. I don't believe he's going to force me to not be gay, some kid's parents will try and force them.

We still have the same Supreme Justices right? None of them have quit yet right?
There's an open space that was held by a Republican and will be replaced with one.

Three of the justices are very old. Ruth Ginsberg is the one liberals worry about because she is the oldest one(83) and asking her to hold out for another 4 years might be a bit much, then Kennedy who leans Conservative at 80 and then Breyer who is liberal at 78.

So it is possible Trump could appoint 2 justices and if he does we are fucked for another generation at least.

MUnited83

For you.
Because they'd be dogpiled instantly. They see that even others who aren't republican are attacked and vilified. There is nothing to be gained by it beyond a ban.
Certainly doesn't help that they are responsible for this shit and blood is on their hands.

Because they'd be dogpiled instantly. They see that even others who aren't republican are attacked and vilified. There is nothing to be gained by it beyond a ban.

You think they can't even hold a conversation without saying something banworthy? Wow, that's a pretty low opinion to have.

Lime

tumblr_nfxmtmdW9s1sdaxvso1_500.jpg

People should do some goddamn self-reflection for once. Instead of plugging their ears they need to listen to the anger and criticism and go from there.

prag16

Banned
People should do some goddamn self-reflection for once. Instead of plugging their ears they need to listen to the anger and criticism and go from there.

You're absolutely right.

...you're talking about Clinton, the democrats, and the American left, correct? Because failing to heed that is what cost them this election.

If you're not a part of the LBGT community you don't know a fucking thing about what they're going through.

Stop that shit. Their fears are warranted and your desire to feel superior and right that everything will be fine helps no one.

tkscz

We have an open space already, so...

Yeah, but SJ can't be kicked out. They either have to leave on their own, or die. These are the same justices that deemed it unconstitutional to deny gay marriage and deny gay people service. They are pretty much our last defense, even being republican themselves.

Protest what he ACTUALLY supports and tries to put through as a bill, not what potential policies he could enact based on his beliefs.

Ok, I understand now. You have no earthly idea the difference between laws and rule-making power.

They will send the trial balloon cases through the courts, but revoking Federal protections in housing and employment can be done on Executive whims.

Enjoy your naivete

DNAbro

You're absolutely right.

...you're talking about Clinton, the democrats, and the American left, correct? Because failing to heed that is what cost them this election.

This thread isn't about the fucking election. It's about what the current people in power want to do.

Also you've conveniently ignored my point earlier.

HylianTom

Banned
If you're not a part of the LBGT community you don't know a fucking thing about what they're going through.

Stop that shit. Their fears are warranted and your desire to feel superior and right that everything will be fine helps no one.

I laid-out the very real roadmap to how this shit will go down. Watch folks continue to gloss-over it.

You're absolutely right.

not really? Hillary was a bad candidate who failed to mobilize her base. the people who voted trump were never going to vote for anyone but the republican nominee.

Alucrid

Banned
they wouldn't do anything to gays. i mean it's not like they've tried to make it increasingly difficult for women to have abortions after roe v wade. and it's not like they continue to make it difficult for minorities to vote after the voting rights act.

Eusis

You just know that Pence is in charge of picking all these people.
That's as close to consolation as we'll fucking see, isn't it? It's not TRUMP that's being so wretched, just the man who he's letting decide fucking everything!

Better not fuck over the blue states with this shit.

Toxi

Banned
That's as close to consolation as we'll fucking see, isn't it? It's not TRUMP that's being so wretched, just the man who he's letting decide fucking everything!

Better not fuck over the blue states with this shit.
It's the new "It's all Cheney's fault."

prag16

Banned
It's not. A government legitimized atmosphere of bigotry is guaranteed to cost lives and your cheering for it.

I'm not cheering for shit. I didn't vote for Trump, and I don't like the man and I don't think he's a good choice for president.

If you think it is hyperbolic, you have no fucking idea how mindnumbingly ignorant of the issues you are. Educate yourself.

What "issues". I take it you're going to say something along the lines of racists being emboldened, and starting to just randomly kill members of minority groups?

stuminus3

This is shit and it will empower shitty people to be more visibly shitty and terrible things will happen to good people that don't deserve it and it sucks but I don't understand the absolute defeatist attitude. You can't regress progressive attitudes and the US can't lawfully force it without ending up with some kind of revolution on their hands. The cat is already out of the bag, guys. Keep the faith.

Pagusas

Elden Member
...Stop playing...

I know, but the attitude of "this will be 4 and done" will do nothing but ensure it happens again. Hopefully everyone realizes they have to do more than just talk next time, as trusting others to vote him out in 4 is about as sure a thing as Hillary winning this election ended up being...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom