• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump takes shots at Kaepernick, ‘Get that son of a bitch off the field’

RPGCrazied

Anyone know what CNN debate that picture is from where he isn't holding his hand above his heart, but everyone else is? I wonder does he do that throughout the whole thing.

Bold One

For not being white you're sure acting fragile. I am white btw.

Pro-tip: the white people on the side of racial justice don't take it personally when someone says "fuck white people." They agree with that statement because it refers to the apathy and complacency of the moderate majority.

tumblr_norzfvKlWC1tzzd6do4_250.gif

Vire

Goodell should have used trumps own words against him. That the statement of calling his leagues players sons of bitches would not be tolerated under any circumstances. THIS IS INSOLENCE!

Trump is a orange racist piece of shit motherfucker. God damn I have never seethed rage towards anyone like this in my life.

So what do we reckon US Gaf, is this going to be a turning point in Trumps presidency? Obviously he's appealing to his base but surely the majority will be against him/with the kneelers?

So I learned something rather interesting: Americans have a habit of disrespecting their flag in far more flagrant ways than just kneeling, all the time. Turns out sitting or kneeling is barely even a conduct violation.

In other words, a lot of "patriots" losing their shit over this sort of thing are complete hypocrites.

The "Flag Code" is a bunch of horseshit meant to continue the indoctrination that a piece of cloth has anything at all to do with being proud of your country. Same way that people erroneously jump to "disrespecting the troops" when someone doesn't stand for the National Anthem. Who says that our "troops" are worth respecting at all? Based on what we know from the past several years, they're more worthy of disdain in my opinion. It's all this inextricably linked mess of faux patriotism, nationalism, and militarism that is pounded into people from an early age in this country. It's actually disgusting to me that we have kids recite the Pledge of Allegiance every day at school. Some of these kids are five years old!

JettDash

So what do we reckon US Gaf, is this going to be a turning point in Trumps presidency? Obviously he's appealing to his base but surely the majority will be against him/with the kneelers?

Most of the country already doesn't like him and never has. He's well on his way to being the first president to never have a majority approval rating.

Loxley

I'm really hoping to see some of my Packers kneeling today in the game against the Bengals. It'd be a helluva thing if Rodgers did (though I'm not expecting that).

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony

To a large degree Trump has coasted along on society's apathy. The lack of motivation to challenge his degenerate nature vocally and in public by so many people and organizations.

But going to war with mainstream institutions like sports, that by all rights should represent the majority of the US coming out to say that Trump is a pariah.

I think it depends on more bedrock institutions coming out to say "this isn't American" though.

It's about Racism.

noshitsherlock.jpg

The "Flag Code" is a bunch of horseshit meant to continue the indoctrination that a piece of cloth has anything at all to do with being proud of your country. Same way that people erroneously jump to "disrespecting the troops" when someone doesn't stand for the National Anthem. Who says that our "troops" are worth respecting at all? Based on what we know from the past several years, they're more worthy of disdain in my opinion. It's all this inextricably linked mess of faux patriotism, nationalism, and militarism that is pounded into people from an early age in this country. It's actually disgusting to me that we have kids recite the Pledge of Allegiance every day at school. Some of these kids are five years old!

I just personally find the irony that these people who claim to "respect the flag" but don't even follow their own country's flag code properly and yet are up in arms about a mere conduct violation to be fucking hilarious, and makes their actual feelings about the kneeling/sitting thing a lot more blatant.

Zolo

The thing to remember is that any time an article comes out saying 'The majority dissaprove with Trump on....' is that Trump's basically never had majority approval as president. That said, there's still something to say if more institutions come out decrying him.

I'm not saying they're out there, but in my experience, every single current, future, or former military vet I've talked to couldn't care less about kneeling for the flag. In fact they hate it when people come up to them and constantly thank them and attempt to buy them stuff. Don't get me wrong. They do very much appreciate it, but at the same time they do want to be treated like normal people.

And about the flag code. I don't mind it personally, the same way I don't mind the pledge of allegiance. I understand your feelings on it, I just don't mind it personally.

I thought the Sunday Countdown conversation was pretty good. Anquan Boldin had a great statement that captured everything right about the protests.

megalowho

It's less that, and more what is being protested, and who the people are that are doing the protesting.

A country that is built on black oppression will always rise up to defend it.
Defend that oppression explicitly as well as spewing reflexive jingoistic platitudes to keep from ever actually engaging with the intent. If a narrative of ungrateful millionaires and athletes disrespecting the flag and anthem gets your blood boiling more than racial injustice does, then that's what the protests are now about.

Boke1879

Holy shit. This could be a shitstorm of epic proportions.

Yea I hope that IG post isn't his form of solidarity and he still stands before the game. I hope he goes all in.

Like a poster said above. If any big QB were to do it. It was always going to be A Rod

Yea I hope that IG post isn't his form of solidarity and he still stands before the game. I hope he goes all in.

Like a poster said above. If any big QB were to do it. It was always going to be A Rod

Even just Rodgers doing it would be huge, I expect nothing from that MAGA bitch.

ZeoVGM

Banned
If Rodgers takes a knee, I'll love the guy even more than I already do.

(There's no way Brady is taking a knee, by the way. That would be the end all moment but as a Pats fan, I don't think he has it in him.)

Top Bottom