• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump takes shots at Kaepernick, ‘Get that son of a bitch off the field’

So what do we reckon US Gaf, is this going to be a turning point in Trumps presidency? Obviously he's appealing to his base but surely the majority will be against him/with the kneelers?

The majority already hates him and he doesn't even have all the Republican voters on his side anymore.
Just part of his continuous slide.

Mahonay

Banned
Rodgers has already expressed his support before. Would love to see him take a knee. Today is going to be interesting.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
JpY3rQM.jpg

27 players took a knee according to Shaun King

No white players? That is unfortunate and pathetic. Not to mention that color line and those optics might drive an even deeper division.

Socivol

Holy shit. This could be a shitstorm of epic proportions.
Honestly once all of the white players start doing it it won't be a big deal to mainstream America anymore. These people don't have a problem with knelling they have a problem that it's black people doing it.

Honestly once all of the white players start doing it it won't be a big deal to mainstream America anymore. These people don't have a problem with knelling they have a problem that it's black people doing it.

Nah, then they’ll just be libtard cucks.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I can't wait to see Packers fans' reactions if Rodgers kneels. My guess is it will be, "Well, I was supportive of it all the time."

Icolin

Banned
Rex Ryan statement.

"This isn't what I signed up for." Sure, but it was fine when he was talking about grabbing pussies nshit???

This is all so fake.

Fucking ridiculous. Basically supported Trump when Trump was being openly racist and sexist at rallies but NOW that he's coming for the NFL, Rex is out.

I mean I guess I can take solace in the fact that people are realizing that Trump is a moron but that was easy to see from the start!

Few of guys at the gym this morning (white) taking about how the players are asses and that it's not to protest trump but they're disrespecting the soldiers. I expect this mentality to continue but maybe seeing people like Rogers will sway some minds.

Boke1879

Fucking ridiculous. Basically supported Trump when Trump was being openly racist and sexist at rallies but NOW that he's coming for the NFL, Rex is out.

I mean I guess I can take solace in the fact that people are realizing that Trump is a moron but that was easy to see from the start!

Unfortunately when you fuck up their money or their ability to make money. THAT's when people start to care.

It's why ALL forms of protest imo should always be met with economic protest. That's how you get the powers that be to pay attention. It's an unfortunate reality.

Few of guys at the gym this morning (white) taking about how the players are asses and that it's not to protest trump but they're disrespecting the soldiers. I expect this mentality to continue but maybe seeing people like Rogers will sway some minds.

This whole soldiers shit pisses me off no end. We've started the slow creep of militarising sporting events in the UK

Sure respect them but not every fucking week or major event

Boke1879

I feel like something getting lost in the mix in all this is that the kneeling started to protest popice brutality.

I see what you're saying. It could get muddied because now it could possibly seem like the league is protesting Trumps comments and not police brutality.

We just gotta keep pushing the message and hopefully this helps.

Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady about to make this about "unifying" the country instead of taking a stand against racism and police brutality, aren't they?

Kusagari

The soldiers shit is so fucking hysterical. These same people hate Kaep and the players for kneeling during the national anthem and "disrespecting" the soldiers, but support a shit stain of a president who has actually attacked veterans.

Mahonay

Banned
MURICA > Being against racism

Fuck these kind of people, honestly.
The soldiers shit is so fucking hysterical. These same people hate Kaep and the players for kneeling during the national anthem and "disrespecting" the soldiers, but support a shit stain of a president who has actually attacked veterans.
Yuuuuuuup

I mean originally it wasn't just to protest Trump yeah? It was to protest a country that kills black people way too much.

Top Bottom