• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump: US 'locked and loaded' on N Korea

Azzurri

Just think if Kim UN had a twitter account, it would be the greatest beef ever. The shit they throw at each other would be comical.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I don't think it is a big secret that we have a bunch of firepower aimed at them and that if they decide to attack we will hit back.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Can we please hold this shit off until after Mario comes out

UberTag

Just think if Kim UN had a twitter account, it would be the greatest beef ever. The shit they throw at each other would be comical.
And if they ever met in person, Kim would just stroke Donny's ego for 10 minutes, Trump would declare him his new bestie and immediately announce a historic deal to sell weapons to his North Korean friends.

tkscz

Doesn't he need congress to deploy additional assets, but can use the one already deployed as he sees fit? I thought that what Obamada did with his drone raids.

I do believer, but can be wrong, that the Secretary of State still needs to give the go ahead first. Which, as we can see, he is going for diplomacy over being a damned baby about it.

i wonder how many intelligence agencies from all nations have "scenarios" and people in the white house or mar-a-lago or wherever the fuck he is, in place to stop trump from pushing any buttons (putting my trust into any deep state is kind of dumb but hey maybe they don't want the world to become a scorched wasteland, heres hoping)

The US military is preparing to respond. Trump isn't completely lying here. Whether or not they respond and how if they do are the questions.

What do the people of South Korea and Japan think of all this?

I was in Japan during the missile that recently hit the safe economic zone and while climbing Mt. Fuji I was talking to a guy in the mountain hut who said he was very fearful of North Korea. He also told me that Americans don't know the fear of weapons hitting us.

Crazy to think of that conversation in retrospect now weeks later.

Oriel

And if they ever met in person, Kim would just stroke Donny's ego for 10 minutes, Trump would declare him his new bestie and immediately announce a historic deal to sell weapons to his North Korean friends.

You know, that's probably how that situation would play out in all seriousness. Trump is a narcisist who demands adoration from all around him. Putin knew very early on how to control Trump, by stroking his fucking ego and telling him how great he was. Reminds me of that old South Park episode where the Japanese nearly take over America by constantly congratulating Bill Clinton on how massive his dick was.

Those are serious statements by a US president and I shouldn't still be surprised that it's being delivered by a tweet. That exclamation point makes it so nonchalant too. Oh, just nuclear war.

my dream scenario is that trump is so fucking crazy that south korea actively seeks to make peace with NK instead of continuing to deal with such an obvious psycho lmao

SK and Japan right now.

873.jpg

Realyst

Can someone PLEASE invoke the 25th amendment so that we don't have to endure this shit any longer? Literally everyone is at risk of war and death due to this dumbass who just can't log off of twitter.

Someone, ANYONE, just take away his phone! Be a hero, save the world!

Can the military defy Trump if he orders a strike or declares war? Has that happened in US history where top brass ignore the President?

http://www.businessinsider.com/drunk-richard-nixon-nuke-north-korea-2017-1?IR=T

basically one of history's great monsters, Kissinger talked down the joint chiefs from following an order by (drunk) Nixon from nuking north korea

Kissinger is reported to have told aides on multiple occasions that if the President had his way, there would have been a new nuclear war every week.

Welp, always thought a nuclear winter would be an interesting way for humanity to go out...

Because he keeps poking the crazy, propaganda raised asshole in North Korea who's generals DOES take him seriously and now has nuclear weapons putting everyone at risk.
No one takes him seriously

Downhome

Lets say that NK actually does fire at, or even just near, Guam. Lets say they even hit land. How do you guys feel that US, or world in general, should realistically respond?

jelly

Lets say that NK actually does fire at, or even just near, Guam. Lets say they even hit land. How do you guys feel that US, or world in general, should realistically respond?

They won't, it's just a bluff. These people like their lifestyle and going to war ends that.

Well thats a direct attack on US territory. Talk is one thing, doing something is another. By the way of the last vote on NK sanctions which was unanimous I'd see world condemnation and probably a coalition. It would definitely provoke defense treaties/ pacts.

danowat

Banned
They won't, it's just a bluff. These people like their lifestyle and going to war ends that.

I don't think it's too much of a stretch to conclude that they will fire (a non live) missile over Japan that will probably land close to Guam.

Top Bottom