• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump: US 'locked and loaded' on N Korea

BajiBoxer

Banned
Exactly. I can't believe this shit is working, again.

Does it really matter when there's an incredibly competent investigator on the case 24/7? Also, has Trump ever been successful distracting anyone from his problems for more than a week? In the middle of fear over nuclear war we still got the focus being dragged right back to Russia with the Manafort raid revelation. And Trump can't stop himself from tweeting about his critics during all this either.

The tweet means nothing. Military options have been "locked and loaded" against North Korea for years, for decades.

It's just more bullshit from the lying orange coward.

Acinixys

MEET��ME��SOME��MOTHER��FUCKIN��WHERE

Trump:

xyKvcQ1.gif

Raven117

Gold Member
I might stop reading OT whenever stuff like this happens to be honest. I'm not sure what benefit there is to reading a load of posts saying "We're fucked" and "OMG, it's gonna be Fallout 5".

Trump isn't insane. He's an idiot, bombastic and uses public channels for his communication, but if you actually look at what he's said, he has gone from "we will reign fire and fury down on NK if they continue to threaten us" which could be regarded as simply them posting threats on KCNA to "we are ready to react if Kim acts unwisely...hopefully he will find another path".

If you remove yourself from the childish hysteria you'll see that he's wound his rhetoric back to being essentially that if NK attack Guam, they will be destroyed, which is obviously the US' policy in general and has been since WWII.

Some people in these threads need to act like fucking adults. Stop posting inflammatory things that make people who aren't aware of the situation nervous. This is about the 100th time we've seen essentially this same thing happen with North Korea in the past couple of decades, they always do it in August and then wind it back eventually. That's why people in South Korea are carrying on their lives as normal while a load of keyboard warriors on here debate how imminent our nuclear winter is.

Edit: this isn't a defence of Trump by the way, I dislike him intensely

Yup.

But do give the hysterical folks a little space. This is a perfect issue to not only fetishize the "apocalypse" but also indulge in the hatred of the Trump. You can just whip yourself up into a frenzy and wrap yourself up in an emotional blanket of hate.

Im not a Trump supporter by any means. But once you look past the rhetoric, the backing off of not only Trump's statements, but Mattis and Tillerson's statements, you can see we are not on the brink of nuclear war. We have been much closer.

The only wild card is if NK truely does something dumb. China has already made a statement saying essentially to NK "If you attack the U.S., then you effers are on your own." NK wont. They want to survive.

Every inflamed post is playing into the hands of Trump and other power brokers who are using emotional manipulation to divide and conquer.

The true remedy for Trump (and the Western Way of life) is what gave rise in the first place. An intellectual and philosophical approach where the means of arriving at a goal are as important if not more important than the goal itself.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Someone change Trump's diaper, FFS. He gets cranky when he does a poopy.

Velcro Fly

We are literally poking the cornered dog with a sharp stick and daring it to fight back so that we can detonate a bomb in the vicinity and kill everyone nearby.

And then we are also blaming Barack Obama for the dog being cornered in the first place.

commedieu

Banned
Does it really matter when there's an incredibly competent investigator on the case 24/7? Also, has Trump ever been successful distracting anyone from his problems for more than a week? In the middle of fear over nuclear war we still got the focus being dragged right back to Russia with the Manafort raid revelation. And Trump can't stop himself from tweeting about his critics during all this either.

Technically, no. But a lot of people are scared about NK nuking us into oblivion. A temporary distraction surely.

I know some time in the future in this timeline, fat kim wiill directly tweet @realDonaldTrump "come at me bro" and I ain't even mad.

scoobs

I can just imagine Trump asking if they can send in some kind of Jason Bourne super solider into NK and assassinate Un.

if you don't think the US and SK have plans like this you're out of your mind. I don't think theyd actually act on them, but i'm positive they exist

darscot

The US has been locked and loaded as a nuclear power for 75 years. Trump is trying to make this seem way more at the brink of destruction than it is. In a few months when the whole things blows over, he is going to go on and on about how he was so tough and hardlined NK. The reality being NK completed their nuclear program and Trump realized it's a fight he can't win and there was never really any threat.

mnannola

Wasnt Kelly supposed to become the adult in the room?

I'm sure everyone with some level of competency thinks they are going to come in and whip Trump into shape. Then some form of the following exchange happens:

NORMAL PERSON: "Mr. President, that latest tweet wasn't a good idea. Could you please consult with me next time you are about to make an official statement?"

TRUMP: "Fuck you that's how I got here in the first place. People love me. I'm going to go play some golf, you need to work on getting this White House in order"

Jezbollah

I might stop reading OT whenever stuff like this happens to be honest. I'm not sure what benefit there is to reading a load of posts saying "We're fucked" and "OMG, it's gonna be Fallout 5".

Trump isn't insane. He's an idiot, bombastic and uses public channels for his communication, but if you actually look at what he's said, he has gone from "we will reign fire and fury down on NK if they continue to threaten us" which could be regarded as simply them posting threats on KCNA to "we are ready to react if Kim acts unwisely...hopefully he will find another path".

If you remove yourself from the childish hysteria you'll see that he's wound his rhetoric back to being essentially that if NK attack Guam, they will be destroyed, which is obviously the US' policy in general and has been since WWII.

Some people in these threads need to act like fucking adults. Stop posting inflammatory things that make people who aren't aware of the situation nervous. This is about the 100th time we've seen essentially this same thing happen with North Korea in the past couple of decades, they always do it in August and then wind it back eventually. That's why people in South Korea are carrying on their lives as normal while a load of keyboard warriors on here debate how imminent our nuclear winter is.

Edit: this isn't a defence of Trump by the way, I dislike him intensely

Indeed.

It's growingly embarrassing to visit OT with such threads. Really, do so many here live in fear? What would they have been like in the 1960s, when real crisis' were going on... the 1970s in the height of the Cold War.. or like I did when I was growing up in the 1980s when I remember reading literature such as Protect and Survive - describing how to survive World War III.

Ignorance in abundance here - as usual whenever something major happens in the world.

Lombax

Banned
Enough with the fake tweets.

Indeed.

It's growingly embarrassing to visit OT with such threads. Really, do so many here live in fear? What would they have been like in the 1960s, when real crisis' were going on... the 1970s in the height of the Cold War.. or like I did when I was growing up in the 1980s when I remember reading literature such as Protect and Survive - describing how to survive World War III.

Ignorance in abundance here - as usual whenever something major happens in the world.

At this point it is in my best interest to walk away from OT. I have been giving it a lot of thought since the start of this thread.
I come to OT GAF because it used to be [believe it or not] a place where I could trust there would be level headed discussions about current events with an appropriate amount of humor, and not the day to day fear mongering bullshit that has become common place in US media.

Take care, and take it easy OT GAF.

The Pacific island's homeland security agency issued a fact sheet on Friday with tips for residents to prepare for any missile threat.

The sheet states:

"Do not look at the flash or fireball - it can blind you."
"Lie flat on the ground and cover your head. If the explosion is some distance away, it could take 30 seconds or more for the blast wave to hit."

Now that's some scary-ass shit right there.

Top Bottom