• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UC4 Game Director Justin Richmond Leaves ND (And famousmortimer leaves GAF #1393)

Status
Not open for further replies.

V_Ben

Banned
Pete has replied to my email, and he's going to try to put things right. That being the case, it's all good.

As for helping me out with my boy - thanks very much for the offer, but it's basically a case of time will tell. He's on some pretty obnoxious drugs (steroids and this stuff which is used in chemotherapy), which we're hoping will sort him out. He's being looked after. :)

I appreciate the support, though - genuinely. You guys have restored my faith in humanity and the internet.

Thoughts and prayers are with you, Col. I hope all goes well, and he recovers smoothly.

ethomaz

Banned
So many bans in this thread... people needs to calm down.

Couldn't imagine what Col faced... all the best for you and your son.

DemonNite

Pete has replied to my email, and he's going to try to put things right. That being the case, it's all good.

As for helping me out with my boy - thanks very much for the offer, but it's basically a case of time will tell. He's on some pretty obnoxious drugs (steroids and this stuff which is used in chemotherapy), which we're hoping will sort him out. He's being looked after. :)

I appreciate the support, though - genuinely. You guys have restored my faith in humanity and the internet.

Good to hear that Col. All the best :)

viveks86

EGqxCZP.png

Phew! Better late than never!

Great to know, Col. And yes, the internet isn't as horrible as some people make it out to be. All the best! :)

I'm very sorry to hear about your son Mr. Rodgers.
I hope people start to think twice before posting in threads about people leaving studios and start to remember that we're talking about human beings.

vpance

Just read Col's post, wow.

Mort had a lot of accurate info, I hope he reconsiders not posting inside stuff anymore. I do think he should apologize for flubbing on the way he phrased those rumors in that long post of his.

But realistically it looks like Mort just got forced out :(

Edit: saw the apology

The hype machine behind big leaks often mirrors the precarious Icarus myth - fly too close to the sun, promise too much, and you're just as likely to tumble out of the sky as deliver on your potential.

I wish you the best of luck to you and your family.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
That's about as funny as the Druckman Piece of Eden thing. Which is to say, pretty funny. Yeah, I do hope Pete makes a more concerted apology sooner rather than later, even though it seems they've been accepted either way. As he's apologizing to the individuals, not us. But the witchhunting is getting out of hand guys. For example, LoudNinja. He's already said sorry and he was wrong, stop trying to provoke him (I think that's pretty much stopped already. But still the point stands). Col, sucks about your son and sorry we let things get out of hand so much you had to come down and explain yourself. That's not cool. Good luck with everything, spend time with your family, they're important. I'm glad I stayed out of these threads for the most part. Also, at least Pete isn't this guy yet =]

EDIT : Stuff changed while I was writing this. Strikethroughs.

Maybe I am being stupid in questioning you but
here I go anyway
, isn't Mort verified to some extent? It's hardly LoudNinja's (or anyone else who believed Mort) fault for believeing it.

Some people take his words with more grains of salt than others. Dunno why it became about him 'defending Sony'.

The issue I have is not that some people found the posts plausible or thought that they were relevant to the conversation at hand. However, I will stand by my callout there when it's clear that the post was just lazily seeing to authoritatively undermine the validity of the thread. I'm not saying it was a great thread and a great OP. I'm not saying that noting that it may have been a bit hyperbolic would have been unfair. There was a counterargument to be made. However, I'd like to see that counterargument have more thought put into it than "this thread paints Sony in a bad light, I have to reply quick! Oh, I know! Thankfully I have these quotes handy that'll shut this discussion down right quick!"

antitrop

I wish all the best for your son in this situation! And yourself with potentially finding a new job.

Loudninja

Wish you the best. :)

Kyoufu

All the best to you and your family, Col!

I love that the thread about Justin Richmond, has predominantly been about Amy Hennig, Neil Druckmann, Infamous Mortimer and Col Rodgers.

:D

And best wishes go out to your son, duder! I'll help by buying whatever you guys work on!

nomis

Best of luck to your son. I hope that your sacrifices not only give you more time with him, but aid in his speedy recovery.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Ok so now that everything is back to order, can we get back to the main topic at hand:

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON WITH SONY STUDIOS MAYNE!?

Good luck with everything.

Tripon

I hope people take a second to look at these posts. The two principal actors decided to talk to each other, and have reached an agreement. Everyone else hopefully reads this and acts accordingly.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed

Gosh, really sorry to hear about all that.

It makes me realize just how deep those cuts can be when it comes to rumors and such. Jeez.

If there's ever a time where money seems to be an issue, I know a lot of people here would love to send some your way. We gotta look after our fellow devs. Take care man.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
The issue I have is not that some people found the posts plausible or thought that they were relevant to the conversation at hand. However, I will stand by my callout there when it's clear that the post was just lazily seeing to authoritatively undermine the validity of the thread. I'm not saying it was a great thread and a great OP. I'm not saying that noting that it may have been a bit hyperbolic would have been unfair. There was a counterargument to be made. However, I'd like to see that counterargument have more thought put into it than "this thread paints Sony in a bad light, I have to reply quick! Oh, I know! Thankfully I have these quotes handy that'll shut this discussion down right quick!"

again this is what I can't stand about the console wars/warriors, because I've said this a million times... I am biased, it's human nature, but it shouldn't make you blind, because at the end of the day, you're only lying to a handful of people, and it doesn't automatically make everything alright.

A key part of any reporter/journalist is knowing when to keep pick battles.

For a while it has seem that Mort has been a more and more off the mark as of late. I think it was just a classic case of "I have a following now. I need to keep saying stuff. I need to comment on everything"

When you have gained a level of trust like he had and dont think before you post this will happen. Dude should have been smarter and picked his battled. CBOAT was good because he never commented on every little MS story. He picked his battles, backed his stuff up and was right on the button for the most part but then again, also went off the ralls a little at the end. Maybe another case of believing his own hype and needed to grandstand.

Jeez this whole situation went down shit creek huh?

Best of luck Col. I am sorry you even had to respond to this mess.

Loudninja

I hope people take a second to look at these posts. The two principal actors decided to talk to each other, and have reached an agreement. Everyone else hopefully reads this and acts accordingly.
Yeah I think we should leave it at that.

I know I learned my lesson.

That's great to hear. Thanks for handling this so professionally, Col.

Well Gaf, it was one heck of a ride but I have had enough excitement for today. I'm off to listen to the latest DLC and come down off of this craziness.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Wonder why he didn't preface the post saying it was just office gossip.

Because he has a reputation around here as an insider and had faith that everything will be fine... He never expected that somebody as high up as Rodgers would actually respond. He got caught, called out, and ran with his tail between his legs.

Sendou

This truly was an unfortunate situation.

I really want to wish you and your family the best of luck.

I had commented before on how nasty and ridiculous these threads are getting with the personal career choices of people in the industry. Glad to see one "insider" get tossed on his ass for spreading misinformation and calling into question someone's honesty, integrity and ability to work.

Dusky

All the best for you and your family Col!

"Office gossip" is the worst kind of foundation to use as 'insider info/leaks.'

In a large organisation, not everyone knows everything about what happened, and given the nature of office politics, there's going to be equally the same amount of love/hate for any given employee to a certain extent.

In my office alone, there's 5 different 'gossip theories' about the reasons my big boss is leaving his current position in a few months time. Sometimes people don't share highly personal reasons for their resignation/retirement, and the lack of info alone can cause people to... create stories out of their arse.

It's the same reason why I didn't like the IGN news for Amy Hennig. Office politics is the most volatile source of news, that can has as much falsehood as there are truths.

Ironically enough, didn't Pete make a big show of "permanently" quitting the insider game in a thread last fall, claiming he didn't like the attention, after his own family crisis? I always wondered why he got back into it.

My suspicion for a long time about Dodd has been that - while he clearly has access to some level of genuine insider info - he nonetheless doesn't know as much as he thinks he knows/wants to think he knows/wants others to think he knows (one or more of the above). This pretty much confirms it.

I trusted you Mort. You broke my heart.

First Cboat, now you.

Where am I going to get my leaks now Mort? Who am I going to turn to now to get the latest insider fix?

Why did you do this. All you had to do was apologize but you didn't. WHY DIDN'T YOU JUST APOLOGIZE.

cries in a corner

Wishing you the best, Col. Thanks for sharing your side of story with us.

don't fret investors, dodd scientifics is still a go

i just can't decide if i'm gonna put it before or after latino review, misterxmedia, or insiderp. tough one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom