• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 175 |OT| WSOF 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
juichmerkel.gif

We'll see, Machida was good, now he's old to be a fast fighter. Against other opponents he might fare well, but against the champion he'll lose.

On topic, finally the Californian Kid. Another shot at the title which he will inevitably lose, again. After thinking better, isn't the winner from his club or whatever the name that I can't remember?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
i don't even know what to say other than this dude is horribly coached lol

Pimpwerx

Instead of putting on shitshows like this why doesn't the UFC do grand prix like pride? Have some big payday tournsments and do some mixed or catch weight tourneys. That way you have an excuse to book the top faces more often. It could be staggered too so that you have a tournament final each ppv. Offering catch weight or mixed weight bouts gives UFC a chance to feature some fsntasy fights fans want to see, and there is financial incentive in it too. The tourneys are non-title affairs, so anyone hungry for that cash would want to enter.

I don't know. I'm just tired of cards full of nonames. Prelims feel like they've gotten worse. PEACE.

Instead of putting on shitshows like this why doesn't the UFC do grand prix like pride? Have some big payday tournsments and do some mixed or catch weight tourneys. That way you have an excuse to book the top faces more often. It could be staggered too so that you have a tournament final each ppv. Offering catch weight or mixed weight bouts gives UFC a chance to feature some fsntasy fights fans want to see, and there is financial incentive in it too. The tourneys are non-title affairs, so anyone hungry for that cash would want to enter.

I don't know. I'm just tired of cards full of nonames. Prelims feel like they've gotten worse. PEACE.

WTF Urijah freaking Faber just fought

I miss some big personalities, JJ is an eye poking son of a bitch, Weidman...well, he is good but I never hear anything about him. Ronda is a one trick pony (but she's good, I'm not saying otherwise). Aldo got boring after getting the belt. The one that I think is awesome is Velasquez (fucking unlimited stamina and power). The brazilians are done (Dos Santos will forever remain a gatekeeper to the belt probably, Renan got murdered against TJ, Belfort is done with no TRT, the Mino brothers are too old now, Silva better retire before he turns his carrer into trash). I miss someone that can be good and have a nice personality, but I guess this is asking too much.

iddqd

I miss some big personalities, JJ is a eye poking son of a bitch, Weidman...well, he is good but I never hear anything about him. Ronda is a one trick pony (but she's good, I'm not saying otherwise). Aldo got boring after getting the belt. The one that I think is awesome is Velasquez (fucking unlimited stamina and power). The brazilians are done (Dos Santos will forever remain a gatekeeper to the belt probably, Renan got murdered against TJ, Belfort is done with no TRT, the Mino brothers are too old now, Silva better retire before he turns his carrer into trash). I miss someone that can be good and have a nice personality, but I guess this is asking too much.

I hear you.
But some of these folks just need more time until they are more known/ turn into someone (Weirdman, Hendricks)
And others talk a great game but just need to win more ala:
20130818120020_1DX_5773.JPG

Chael / Anderson were both nothing to the normal public until they found each other and turned talking into fight gold.

Pimpwerx

^^It's a power scouterer from Dragon ball z.

It's my man Vegeta! I forgot about him. Haven't seen him on a minute. PEACE.

zychi

Banned
I hear you.
But some of these folks just need more time until they are more known/ turn into someone (Weirdman, Hendricks)

Chael / Anderson were both nothing to the normal public until they found each other and turned talking into fight gold.

To Conor's credit, dude is constantly training. I follow him on Twitter and Instagram, constantly seeing his pics of him in the gym at 2am. I'm really rooting for him.

It's fucking weird for me to be rooting for someone younger than me in MMA. I grew up with the sport and all the fighters were always older then me.

I hear you.

Yeah, I'm fine giving more time to those that just got their belts, the "traits" will come one day, I hope. But one problem that I'm seeing is that at the higher weights there are less powerful guys than at the lower weight classes, so JJ, Weidman, Velasquez have an "easy" reign for some time into the future. I can't see a TJ upset like what happened with Barao happening, for an example, at a higher weight class.

FUME5

It's a dark and stormy morning here in West Australia, time to head to the local, start drinking pints and watch some can crushers at work.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
SportsCenter ‏@SportsCenter 7m
"Stefan Struve blacked out in the locker room. He has elevated heart rate and is out of the fight. I'd never risk his health."

I guess his heart issues weren't fixed after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom