• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT3| To infinites... and beyond!

Zissou

I wish I could play with you guys and I have both versions, but I live outside north america, unfortunately.

I wish I could play with you guys and I have both versions, but I live outside north america, unfortunately.
Where do you live? I played someone in Europe once who I had a stellar connection with.

Blame Marvel's shitty online netcode. Shit is like barley above KOF's netcode and below everything else.
For GB? Naw, that's not the netcode. He's fine when he's not at school. I won't say Marvel has good netcode, but that's not really the problem here.

Marvel's netcode may not be that great (it's no BB/P4A network that's for sure), but I really think it gets more hate than it should at times.

Zissou

Where do you live? I played someone in Europe once who I had a stellar connection with.

For GB? Naw, that's not the netcode. He's fine when he's not at school. I won't say Marvel has good netcode, but that's not really the problem here.

Japan. I imagine if I played people in the states it'd be pretty rough.

Marvel's netcode may not be that great (it's no BB/P4A network that's for sure), but I really think it gets more hate than it should at times.

I think the incredibly fast pace of marvel makes lag more noticeable- even if the netcode were actually as good as persona's, it would still probably feel worse due to the speed of the game.

Japan. I imagine if I played people in the states it'd be pretty rough.
I'm willing to give it a try tomorrow if you are.

I think the incredibly fast pace of marvel makes lag more noticeable- even if the netcode were actually as good as persona's, it would still probably feel worse due to the speed of the game.
Indeed. It's a very precise game. I get tired of people who only play FPS games thinking that their games have good netcode just because it's harder to notice the lag.

LakeEarth

Tag in might have a little invulnerability just as your coming in (maybe your hurt box hasn't "entered" the playfield yet or something). But anyone who's tagged in during a beam hyper knows that you start getting hit long before you hit the ground.

Sigmaah

I CAN FINALLY LL!!! I still fuck up but that'll get better in time, Thank you Darksim! Normal jumping it is a lot easier lol

Indeed. It's a very precise game. I get tired of people who only play FPS games thinking that their games have good netcode just because it's harder to notice the lag.

FPS games nowadays use a system called anti lag. Hitboxes are adjusted for players with higher pings. That's why they never notice the lag. The only time its really noticeable is when they watch a killcam of them dying but seeing something totally different from what they thought had happened.

A system like that would never work for a game like marvel or fighting games in general. One second you think you're tri jumping in then the next thing you know you're dead.

Sigmaah

I already mentioned this but can't find old posts about it, my TE stick broke within less than a year and that's some bullshit, second one that broke in less than a year. What can I do about it? I feel like I should get a brand new one for free but that won't definitely happen, the joystick is what broke and I don't want them to send me a new joystick because I know I'll fuck up the installation for that. I just wanna play my damn marvel man...

I already mentioned this but can't find old posts about it, my TE stick broke within less than a year and that's some bullshit, second one that broke in less than a year. What can I do about it? I feel like I should get a brand new one for free but that won't definitely happen, the joystick is what broke and I don't want them to send me a new joystick because I know I'll fuck up the installation for that. I just wanna play my damn marvel man...

Installing a new joystick is super easy. Can you unscrew and rescrew screws? That's about all it requires. I'm suprised a Sanwa part went first since it's usually the pcb that gives people trouble.

Sigmaah

Installing a new joystick is super easy. Can you unscrew and rescrew screws? That's about all it requires. I'm suprised a Sanwa part went first since it's usually the pcb that gives people trouble.

I can do that but I don't have the tools but I don't feel that I'm the one who should buy them. Not my fault the damn stick broke lol.

Azure J

Any criticism? :D

Zero was easily the character to kill on your team so I felt more than happy XFC any hit I got on him to get out of the Hunter Vortex early. Seriously, super jump offense kills my Viper, even with Jam Session & Vajra on deck because I can't move in fast enough to cover those angles after a hit. You'd think after fighting a Zero so long, I'd finally have the know how to guess more blocks on incoming against him, but 3 or 4 out of say 8 is a miracle. At the same time, that one time I finally got to use EX Seismo how I wanted was impressive. Diving on Viper with a meter is a no-no. :lol

I also loved how our anchor Strider vs. Akuma matches became more about whether or not I could put you in the oki blender with a knockdown and Strider's animals or if Akuma touched me once. :lol

Finally, that very last Dante vs everyone match. I was so hype just moving around the screen avoiding certain death. Flying in Devil Trigger and rapid dashing across the topmost screen was clutch as hell, especially when you teleported and almost hit me with a Helm Splitter only to get hit with one yourself. Of course all good things must come to an end as i got chipped out by Akuma's beam at the end.

Sigmaah

Any criticism? :D

Zero was easily the character to kill on your team so I felt more than happy XFC any hit I got on him to get out of the Hunter Vortex early. Seriously, super jump offense kills my Viper, even with Jam Session & Vajra on deck because I can't move in fast enough to cover those angles after a hit. You'd think after fighting a Zero so long, I'd finally have the know how to guess more blocks on incoming against him, but 3 or 4 out of say 8 is a miracle. At the same time, that one time I finally got to use EX Seismo how I wanted was impressive. Diving on Viper with a meter is a no-no. :lol

I also loved how our anchor Strider vs. Akuma matches became more about whether or not I could put you in the oki blender with a knockdown and Strider's animals or if Akuma touched me once. :lol

Finally, that very last Dante vs everyone match. I was so hype just moving around the screen avoiding certain death. Flying in Devil Trigger and rapid dashing across the topmost screen was clutch as hell, especially when you teleported and almost hit me with a Helm Splitter only to get hit with one yourself. Of course all good things must come to an end as i got chipped out by Akuma's beam at the end.

Strider is deff the person to kill on your team lol, your Dante and Strider stuff gets me, DAMN YOU VAJRA. That last match was hype as hell, I got so damn scared like holy shit, this can't be happening! That viper shit is nice too, I try to dive in on her and next thing u know I get hit, I'm like wdf? I barely play against her so I forget what she has lol. overall fun matches, we deff gotta get more in! I say we both need to make our Dante's better online, damn lag fucks us both up... CHEAP ASS DIRT NETCODE.

Also, anyone who doesn't think hagger is top tier, go play Smurf, he'll show you the truth.

smurfx

get some go again
haggar isn't top tier. da mayor just don't care about no S tiers!

iiE4vLWYd1XZ.gif

S tiers? i'll be right over.

Chavelo nowhere to be seen on PSN!

FPS games nowadays use a system called anti lag. Hitboxes are adjusted for players with higher pings. That's why they never notice the lag. The only time its really noticeable is when they watch a killcam of them dying but seeing something totally different from what they thought had happened.

A system like that would never work for a game like marvel or fighting games in general. One second you think you're tri jumping in then the next thing you know you're dead.
Ah, good to know! A similar system, called rollback, has been used for fighting games in the past. It actually works quite well as long as your lag isn't so atrocious that you get zipped back full seconds, etc.

I can play for the next 4 hours karst. Straight if you want ^_^
Haha, are you still at your school? :p

How is the move-in coming along?

smurfx

get some go again
man i really think there could be some good tech with hawkeyes forward standing M lightning ball but i don't know where to start. i think i'm gonna try implementing it to my game and see what i can come up with.

man i really think there could be some good tech with hawkeyes forward standing M lightning ball but i don't know where to start. i think i'm gonna try implementing it to my game and see what i can come up with.
Is it cancelable into specials?

Azure J

So, I just perfected one of the best players I've had matches with ever just by turning off my brain and saying "anything I'd normally do, do the opposite."

Dat Mahvel. :lol

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Omg they're is someone on my bus with a UMvC3 shirt.. resisting urge to ask him if he plays and what his team is.

Wearing my brokentier TIGERTIGERTIGER or EVO shirts is one of the only ways I've met other fighting game players, and I want desperately to find more to play locally with.

I actually met one dude with a curley mustache magneto shirt that didn't play fighting games.

If... you guys ever want to...play UMVC3 online on the PS3.... I could load it up every now and then

Its not like I want to play with you guys or anything, bakas

Dahbomb

Omg they're is someone on my bus with a UMvC3 shirt.. resisting urge to ask him if he plays and what his team is.
Ask him already!

Tonight is my local tournament, been grinding for the past 5 hours only stopped now to take a break. I have a legit strategy to go into a match that will change slightly depending on the other guys team. No Vergils will be used.

Wearing my brokentier TIGERTIGERTIGER or EVO shirts is one of the only ways I've met other fighting game players, and I want desperately to find more to play locally with.

I actually met one dude with a curley mustache magneto shirt that didn't play fighting games.

So you met a stream monster, or did you look in a mirror? :3

brettreyu

Any recommendations for a team to support a Captain America point? I'm trying to get back into this game (for the umpteenth time).

Any recommendations for a team to support a Captain America point? I'm trying to get back into this game (for the umpteenth time).

Taskmaster arrows, Frank's shopping cart, Dante's weasel shot, Magnus, Drones... all should work. Probably Doom too since Doom goes everywhere.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Anyone want to play for a bit? I don't want to do the whole- go play through another game then when I come back to Marvel I suck at everything- thing.

Nert

Finally hit 1st Lord and I'm pretty pumped :D

Depending on how much time I want to throw at this, it'd be fun to hit Cosmic Lord or something with a Tron team...

smurfx

get some go again
Finally hit 1st Lord and I'm pretty pumped :D

Depending on how much time I want to throw at this, it'd be fun to hit Cosmic Lord or something with a Tron team...
you play on xbox live right? i might send you a friend invite later on since i always enjoy playing tron.

Top Bottom