• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV on PS4 is much, much better now. Bless.

Drencrom

Nah that won't happen. Corsi and Sony went cheap and this is the end result. And Capcom just being hands off is also bad too, since it's a Capcom product ultimately being trashed regardless of their involvement or not.

This needs a Hexadrive ZOE2 operation.

I'm surprised that Capcom just gave away the game without helping/giving guidelines to the devs porting it and just in general not looking at the game and assuring it's something they're okay with being released. It's their franchise after all.

I just had a weird glitch I guess. The first main menu ran at 60fps like the other versions but when I jumped into the online menu it slugged again. Sure that will be fixed with the first patch at least.

BizzyBum

I'm surprised that Capcom just gave away the game without helping/giving guidelines to the devs porting it and just in general not looking at the game and assuring it's something they're okay with being released. It's their franchise after all.

What's even more absurd is this was being touted as the definitive version of Ultra to be used for all future pro tournaments including EVO and Capcom Cup.

For Capcom to just give away the game to port to a third party developer that has an atrocious track record with ports and not be involved in the slightest of their "definitive version" is so hilariously ridiculous it's pretty hard to believe.

thelastword

Banned
I just realized for several games now that the names of the people I'm playing don't appear. Their psn names don't appear at all. I'm just playing random flags in ranked.

explodet

My experience with the netcode is that is on par with 360. I play with my friends, most of them are local, green bars, and a pretty damn good connection. It may have only been 3 other people, but we had well over a hundred smooth matches, I dont have enough hands to count that high.
*fistshake*
I have no friends that play SF, so I'm playing against nothing but randos.

HORRORSHØW

I just realized for several games now that the names of the people I'm playing don't appear. Their psn names don't appear at all. I'm just playing random flags in ranked.
i get stuff like this. other times there are no names. sometimes its just mine. there's no rhyme or reason to this nonsense.

CF_ApHJVEAAFUPY.jpg:large

Korezo

Online is super smooth unless you below green. Yellows are random in this version, can be playable to unplayable with stutter every second and slowmotion.

*fistshake*
I have no friends that play SF, so I'm playing against nothing but randos.
My point is connections vary, no one should be jumping to dismiss the netcode based on their own personal experiences. There's enough things wrong with the port, it seems like people are jumping to find the next problem with it just to be a part of the circus.

HardRojo

Grimløck;165584504 said:
i get stuff like this. other times there are no names. sometimes its just mine. there's no rhyme or reason to this nonsense.

The game looks really ugly. I know it's a somewhat compressed screen but still, it shows minimum effort on the graphics.

So those of us who haven't experienced problems with the game, our personal experiences don't matter, huh? Just because you say it isn't an okay purchase, doesn't mean it isn't an okay purchase for anyone. Obviously there are people who are not experiencing these problems.

And by the way, Ultra Street Fighter 4 was not released in 2008. It was released in 2014.

do you honestly believe you have a special not shit version of the game? lawl

chronosic

So, Ontario law provides that "Businesses should not make any performance claims unless they can back them up. The Competition Act prohibits any representation in the form of a statement, warranty or guarantee of the performance, efficacy or length of life of any given product, not based on adequate and proper testing. The onus is on advertisers to prove that the representation is based on an adequate and proper test. The test must have been concluded before the representation is made and the data must be readily available upon request by the Bureau.". Should I not be able to receive a refund based on all the information that Sony put out about all the problems of the PS3 version being fixed and this being the tournament standard edition?

Edit: Also it seems I've been locked out of using their live chat for requesting a refund?

Dai101

Banned
So, Ontario law provides that "Businesses should not make any performance claims unless they can back them up. The Competition Act prohibits any representation in the form of a statement, warranty or guarantee of the performance, efficacy or length of life of any given product, not based on adequate and proper testing. The onus is on advertisers to prove that the representation is based on an adequate and proper test. The test must have been concluded before the representation is made and the data must be readily available upon request by the Bureau.". Should I not be able to receive a refund based on all the information that Sony put out about all the problems of the PS3 version being fixed and this being the tournament standard edition?

Edit: Also it seems I've been locked out of using their live chat for requesting a refund?

Send them an email. Include the multiple videos of this game that are already on YouTube and add that specific law. Also, what a bunch of douchebags, banning you from a live support chat? REALLY?

chronosic

Send them an email. Include the multiple videos of this game that are already on YouTube and add that specific law. Also, what a bunch of douchebags, banning you from a live support chat? REALLY?

What email should I reach? Can't find it on their support page. Also can anybody link me the tweets where they said the input lag would be fixed? That counts as advertising does it not?

vg260

How many times did you contact them, and were you polite?
If you ran into a grump, it's possible they may have done this.

Try the Sony support forums or their twitter support as some admins there might be able to look into it.

chronosic

How many times did you contact them, and were you polite?
If you ran into a grump, it's possible they may have done this.

Try the Sony support forums or their twitter support as some admins there might be able to look into it.

I used live chat once, called them twice, and of course I was polite. I don't have twitter, and when I tried the forums the only response I got was some guy telling me "fat chance".

So those of us who haven't experienced problems with the game, our personal experiences don't matter, huh? Just because you say it isn't an okay purchase, doesn't mean it isn't an okay purchase for anyone. Obviously there are people who are not experiencing these problems.

And by the way, Ultra Street Fighter 4 was not released in 2008. It was released in 2014.
Seriously lol. I would totally buy this game again. I'm enjoying it, I don't have a different version to play, it was cheap, and it'll be fixed soon.

I could understanding someone with 4 different versions of Ultra feeling differently, but lol. At least this game isn't giving me headaches because the text is too small

Seriously lol. I would totally buy this game again. I'm enjoying it, I don't have a different version to play, it was cheap, and it'll be fixed soon.

I could understanding someone with 4 different versions of Ultra feeling differently, but lol. At least this game isn't giving me headaches because the text is too small

I don't play at a very competitive level, just amongst friends and for funsies online, but for me this was easily worth 25. I've bought just about every version released on PSN, and having put in about 10 hours on this so far I've seen no invisible projectiles, no sound bugs, no graphical glitches, and input lag is no different to me than any other PS version. The hate here on GAF for it is real, but the reasons for it seem blown out of proportion.

The sound bug on the Brazil stage where the sound of water(?) starts to get so loud that it overpowers everything, including the announcer, is pretty irritating. I used to love that stage and music :(

BokehKing

Banned
I just purchased it, after reading this, there seems to be a lot of over reaction (as in, people calling it 'shit') and others are not having problems, so it's obviously playable.

Korezo

PS3

PS4

PC

Can't really see cause of compression, but if ps3 had AA it would of looked better. so the 360 version of ultra probably looks better than the ps4 version because of the AA + AF.

farisr

Are we taking bets on this being fixed before EVO?

If we are, I'd bet against it especially now that Capcom has come out and said that this version will not be used at Evo if it's not fixed, basically taking the pressure off whoever's fixing it and letting them take their time.

"sorry that patch didn't fix all the issues guys, thanks for the support, we are working on another one and will try to get it out as soon as possible" is what I'm expecting.

So when does the new patch come out? I hope they knew about these bugs for a while so that it actually might get patched (even though that looks bad as well, best possible scenario at the moment).

vg260

Exactly! Which is why it's annoying to see people throwing around the word "broken" as if it actually didn't function.

Well, actually I do feel like it's a fair use of the term all things considered. But not even considering all that, it fails to meet one of, if not THE main advertised selling point of the game, which is the reduced input delay. It fails to operate as specified. I'd consider that a broken product.

AmyS

No way this can be fixed by a patch, specially one from the same crew that broke it in the first place.

I believe so too.

New dev-team - New port

And while they're at it, use some quality AA (if not AA + AF) as the PS4 GPU has the pixel performance to burn.

thelastword

Banned
Grimløck;165584504 said:

That's bad, never got that however, I will see the name when they join my lobby for ranked play whilst playing arcade mode with fight request on, but whilst playing I don't see any names including mine, even at the results screen no names show.

6Ik3z75.jpg

Well, actually I do feel like it's a fair use of the term all things considered. But not even considering all that, it fails to meet one of, if not THE main advertised selling point of the game. It fails to operate as specified. I'd consider that a broken product.

I'd say everyone who is dissatisfied is entitled to a refund for false advertising. However, I would still say it is worth $25 for people who want to play SF4 on their PS4 without holding it to the standard of an alternate version.

Exactly! Which is why it's annoying to see people throwing around the word "broken" as if it actually didn't function.
"well, it boots!" is a terribly low bar to set, especially when a company pretty plainly lied about the functionality. Playing it as people starting a witchhunt because of anti-sony bias or whatever is disingenuous.

I realize every game is expected to be a burning car wreck at launch this gen, but considering what was promised and what was delivered there's no world in which this port job is acceptable.

Some people try to defend this? Honda can't combo, ultras are bugged, decapre's teleport is to short, the names don't show properly, the menu is slow. The port is garbage.

Well, actually I do feel like it's a fair use of the term all things considered. But not even considering all that, it fails to meet one of, if not THE main advertised selling point of the game, which is the reduced input delay. It fails to operate as specified. I'd consider that a broken product.
That's pretty reasonable. But from the way people talk here, you'd think the glitches you see in YouTube videos happen frequently, and I think it's turning off a lot of people that would otherwise be happy with the game.

Top Bottom