• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV on PS4 is much, much better now. Bless.

Jomjom

Banned
『Inaba Resident』;165591266 said:
I seriously can't believe that people are defending this.

I have a feeling they are in some part defending the PS4. As if saying this port release is shit is somehow saying that the PS4 is shit.

Try me.

This game is worth $25 to anyone who wants to play SF4 on their PS4 without holding it to the standard of alternate versions.

Go.

I have a feeling they are in some part defending the PS4. As if saying this port release is shit is somehow saying that the PS4 is shit.
Not at all lol. It's just a lot of people are actively telling people not to buy this game when it's something they'd probably enjoy, because they won't be able to notice the lag. That's what started this whole thing lol.

Now you have people who haven't even played the game talking about how you can't play as certain character online because of this one YouTube video they saw and assumed was how every match was.

Some people try to defend this? Honda can't combo, ultras are bugged, decapre's teleport is to short, the names don't show properly, the menu is slow. The port is garbage.

If you don't play Honda, E. Ryu, Gen, Rolento, or Decapre, don't do combos, don't look at menus, don't have sounds, don't have a PS3 stick, don't have any other console, PC, or 3DS, and don't have anything else to spend 25 dollars on, this port is perfectly fine.

*Probably

lupinko

Which I don't understand at all.

Look 343 and Microsoft got tarred and feathered for MCC and rightfully so.

Sony, Other Ocean and Capcom need to get raked over the coals for this.

You don't go making proclamations of lies, that's just Randy Pitchford levels of bad.

Hmm. Let's clear things out.

I played Street Fighter 2 in Airbus A380 entertainment system. The port is absolute garbage. Literal garbage and shouldn't have been released. Anyone who plays it will agree, and yet anyone that doesn't play it will say "It looks fine to me".

I didn't pay for the game (though I played for the flight). If I paid $25 for it, I'd ask for refund.

I think A380 is a marvelous plane, but Street Fighter 2 port is absolute shit.

I think PS4 IS a marvelous console, but Street Fighter 4 port is absolute shit.

jett

D-Member
screenshot_2015-05-285tqel.png

Godspeed everyone involved, lol at "some" though.

lol how exactly are they going to address all the known and unknown balance issues and changes they have inexplicably added to the game? Who knows what is lurking behind their code.

They only way to fix this game is to start from scratch.

SnakeEyez

If you don't play Honda, E. Ryu, Gen, Rolento, or Decapre, don't do combos, don't look at menus, don't have sounds, don't have a PS3 stick, don't have any other console, PC, or 3DS, and don't have anything else to spend 25 dollars on, this port is perfectly fine.

*Probably

Lol this is what I was thinking. Those who their character wasn't affected by this port are ok with it.

Toxi

Banned
Not at all lol. It's just a lot of people are actively telling people not to buy this game when it's something they'd probably enjoy, because they won't be able to notice the lag. That's what started this whole thing lol.

Now you have people who haven't even played the game talking about how you can't play as certain character online because of this one YouTube video they saw and assumed was how every match was.
Of course they're telling people not to buy the port, it's a laggy and buggy piece of ass. There are far better games to spend your money on.

Try me.

This game is worth $25 to anyone who wants to play SF4 on their PS4 without holding it to the standard of alternate versions.

Go.

This is a shit port done by shit developers who clearly don't care. They straight up fucking lied and don't deserve to be rewarded for an awful job. That's all there is to it. This game should be in a WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better state than its in now and its pathetic that people support this garbage.
Also:

*Probably

Of course they're telling people not to buy the port, it's a laggy and buggy piece of ass. There are far better games to spend your money on.
It's not laggier than the PS3 version though, and most games are buggy. When someone comes in explicitly stating that they don't care about having to time their combos differently and you tell them they'd still hate the game... Well that's ridiculous haha.

I just purchased it, after reading this, there seems to be a lot of over reaction (as in, people calling it 'shit') and others are not having problems, so it's obviously playable.
I don't play fighting games competitively, but even I understand that projectiles disappearing, visuals or audio getting fucked up or even the game crashing in the middle of a tourney match is probably pretty bad. I also don't understand why it's okay for this port to be sold in the state it's in.

『Inaba Resident』;165592085 said:
This is a shit port done by shit developers who clearly don't care. They don't deserve to be rewarded for an awful job. That's all there is to it.
Also:
I'm under the assumption that most if not all issues will be patched because that's how almost every game is made these days. They release it bugged and flawed, the public acts as testers, patches start rolling out. The most egregious offenses are usually the first to go, and everything usually falls into place over time. Also, Sony has a vested interest in winning over the hardcore FGC audience what with all the money they spent on SF5. I'm sure that they care about it's poor reception and want to fix it.

I agree it is a bad port, but I think it will get very close to parity with whichever version it is that someone decided was the best. It would've been best not to publish it when they did, but deadlines, contracts, and other bullshit dictate that.

I don't play fighting games competitively, but even I understand that projectiles disappearing, visuals or audio getting fucked up or even the game crashing in the middle of a tourney match is probably pretty bad. I also don't understand why it's okay for this port to be sold in the state it's in.
That like almost happens though, that's the thing! If that's what's keeping you away, I'd buy it right now.

I'm sure it's not the real intention, but it the end result is that a lot of people are being disingenuous about how bad the port is because they don't want it to sell well.

OsirisBlack

Banned
No chance. .

So you're saying there is a chance?

If we are, I'd bet against it especially now that Capcom has come out and said that this version will not be used at Evo if it's not fixed, basically taking the pressure off whoever's fixing it and letting them take their time.

"sorry that patch didn't fix all the issues guys, thanks for the support, we are working on another one and will try to get it out as soon as possible" is what I'm expecting.

TBH I expect exactly what you said, I think they knew it was broken before they released it so they probably had a patch cooking for a while but there is NO excuse for a fighting game to release in this condition.

No way this can be fixed by a patch, specially one from the same crew that broke it in the first place.

Not sure about that, if this current gen has taught me anything its that a patch can completely change a game. Unity and Bloodborne (Before BB I didn't think you could patch load times) come to mind immediately.

It's not being used in tournaments in it's current state. Aside from audio, the other things you mention are not as prominent as you've been led to believe.

Jomjom

Banned
It's not laggier than the PS3 version though, and most games are buggy. When someone comes in explicitly stating that they don't care about having to time their combos differently and you tell them they'd still hate the game... Well that's ridiculous haha.

If they don't care about any of the myriad of things wrong with this game I'd have to wonder if they even like fighting games in the first place. They'd probably enjoy a game from another genre more. Maybe a turn based RPG where graphical glitches and input lag wouldnt affect the games enjoyment much?

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony

You would think people would want issues highlighted so they can be fixed. We(and the hardcore community scene) should be out in the streets forcing Other Ocean's hand on these issues.

I know its not the only way to play the game, but a lot of people including me were looking forward to the port hoping it was good, and it turned out to be crap that's gonna need a pretty hefty patch probably to fix all the issues involved. I can't buy it in this state.

If they don't care about any of the myriad of things wrong with this game I'd have to wonder if they even like fighting games in the first place. They'd probably enjoy a game from another genre more. Maybe a turn based RPG where graphical glitches and input lag wouldnt affect the games enjoyment much?
Errr... if you haven't played this game in a little while, the lag doesn't matter because you don't have to relearn timings like people coming straight from 360.

Are you suggesting that people get into fighting games because of the background
fidelity...? Invisible projectiles and shit aren't common at all. If you refuse to play simply because you might lose like a single ranked match due to a glitch... well okay.

umSAQdsl.jpg

This game is worth $22.99 to anyone who wants to play the superior version of SF4 on their PS4.

Go.
Not worth it, too much input lag. It's simply broken. Fast menus though.

Well it seems that you are in the minority when it comes to the discussion of the game on this thread. The game is classified as broken when it does not meet the minimum standard that the developer set for themselves. Sony and capcom advertised the game as the definitive edition. This has proven to be false multiple times.

This is a game that is being played competitively. So, that's why that standard is highly regarded and expected.

Now your point still stands. You can play basketball with a square ball and an oval hoop. You can have fun with it. No argument there. But most people here don't want to do that and did not buy the game expecting that.

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member

I guess it didn't help that Combofiend wasted no time in tossing Sony's ass under the bus. lol

But seriously, nobody casual or hardcore should spend money on this half-assed garbage.

That is the worst definition of broken I have ever read. Millions of games could possibly be broken by your standard and you would never even know.
I mean it's definitely false advertising which sucks, but I still think it's a pretty good deal haha. And they're gonna fix the false advertising stuff. The only reason not to buy it right now is if you can just play it somewhere else, or if you're the kind of person that think boycotts work.

You don't get a tournament-ready game with this port. You get more input latency.

Please patch.
If you want less latency you should get the PS4 version over what you showed. PS3 has the same amount of latency even when it's not being live streamed.

I'm under the assumption that most if not all issues will be patched because that's how almost every game is made these days. They release it bugged and flawed, the public acts as testers, patches start rolling out. The most egregious offenses are usually the first to go, and everything usually falls into place over time. Also, Sony has a vested interest in winning over the hardcore FGC audience what with all the money they spent on SF5. I'm sure that they care about it's poor reception and want to fix it.

I agree it is a bad port, but I think it will get very close to parity with whichever version it is that someone decided was the best. It would've been best not to publish it when they did, but deadlines, contracts, and other bullshit dictate that.
There's absolutely no guarantee of that, especially with the history of the developer or any confirmation of what's actually causing the issues aside from rampant incompetence (which in itself should put doubt on the game ever being properly fixed). Being okay with a company directly lying to you or paying 25 bucks to beta test an old game is what perpetuates this sort of behavior; Sony and Other Ocean thought it was okay to cut every corner they could because they figured they'd get away with it. Encouraging people to support the practice or get less than what they pay for, like here:
That like almost happens though, that's the thing! If that's what's keeping you away, I'd buy it right now.
is really dangerous and irresponsible considering everyone is operation off assumptions.

I mean it's definitely false advertising which sucks, but I still think it's a pretty good deal haha. And they're gonna fix the false advertising stuff. The only reason not to buy it right now is if you can just play it somewhere else, or if you're the kind of person that think boycotts work.

I've already admitted it's false advertisement and that if you want a refund you should be entitled. I have agreed with probably 100% of your posts for the record.
You don't get a tournament-ready game with this port. You get more input latency and duck sounds and issues with moves and timing and hitboxes and more duck sounds.

Please patch.

I see your points, I'm not trying to be shitty with you, but a PS3 rental over PSNow is not comparable in price when you consider that you have to pay again after the time is up in order to keep playing.
There's absolutely no guarantee of that, especially with the history of the developer or any confirmation of what's actually causing the issues aside from rampant incompetence (which in itself should put doubt on the game ever being properly fixed). Being okay with a company directly lying to you or paying 25 bucks to beta test an old game is what perpetuates this sort of behavior; Sony and Other Ocean thought it was okay to cut every corner they could because they figured they'd get away with it. Encouraging people to support the practice or get less than what they pay for, like here:

is really dangerous and irresponsible considering everyone is operation off assumptions.
That's a bolder assumption than any I've made. It's just as likely that they reaized they weren't going to make the deadline and shifted all focus onto making the gameplay as accurate as they could. That's why every bug other than a few moves and a supposed input delay is merely cosmetic.

I'm under the assumption that most if not all issues will be patched because that's how almost every game is made these days. They release it bugged and flawed, the public acts as testers, patches start rolling out. The most egregious offenses are usually the first to go, and everything usually falls into place over time.

So you're saying that this is normal and its not an issue because it'll just get patched later?

Also, Sony has a vested interest in winning over the hardcore FGC audience what with all the money they spent on SF5. I'm sure that they care about it's poor reception and want to fix it.
If Sony cared at all then they would have not chosen fucking Other Ocean to begin with. Even after choosing them, they clearly didn't care enough to look over the port and if they did, they obviously just said "fuck it" and released it anyway.

That's the problem though. We don't know how many issues there are currently. In just one day, people found a bunch of issues.. Hell, Red Focus doesn't even have its sound effect. There are currently a bunch of issues and probably a lot more that are unknown right now which means its going to take a long time to find and patch them. Even when all of the issues are fixed, I doubt people will even trust to play this version. Sony is the direct publisher of this. If Sony cared they would have chosen a proven studio to port it and delay it if it needed more time. There's no defending this at all. This is a shitty port because Sony, Capcom, and Other Ocean didn't care.

I would argue it's more irresponsible to scare off someone from a game they might enjoy just because you're unhappy with it personally. There's a lot of misinformation about how bad the port is in this thread.

chronosic

And after using the live chat on my phone and providing all the evidence and false advertising laws, they didn't listen, said they didn't want to provide a refund over phone or live chat (I think they're getting sick of me lol) and disconnected from me. They said that because I have 11% of the trophies in the game they can't offer a refund haha. What else can I do here?

Define misinformation.
The amount of glitches in the game (and their frequency) have been exaggerated. Using tne words "absolute garbage" to explain the failure to correct PS3's latency errors, that kind of stuff. I mean just look at some of the responses you get when you say this game is perfectly enjoyable for people who haven't been playing USF4 religiously already.

『Inaba Resident』;165594005 said:
So you're saying that this is normal and its not an issue because it'll just get patched later?
Unfortunately, it's quite "normal" these days. I never said it's not an issue.
That's the problem though. We don't know how many issues there are currently. In just one day, people found a bunch of issues.. Hell, Red Focus doesn't even have its sound effect. There are currently a bunch of issues and probably a lot more that are unknown right now which means its going to take a long time to find and patch them. Even when all of the issues are fixed, I doubt people will even trust to play this version. Sony is the direct publisher of this. If Sony cared they would have chosen a proven studio to port it and delay it if it needed more time. There's no defending this at all. This is a shitty port because Sony, Capcom, and Other Ocean didn't care.
You're just ascribing bad intentions onto all parties involved. You have no justification for determining that this is somehow unpatchable, to me these all seem like they can easily be addressed. I'm basing my assumption on how previous iterations of SF4 have been glitched and subsequently patched.

vg260

And after using the live chat on my phone and providing all the evidence and false advertising laws, they didn't listen, said they didn't want to provide a refund over phone or live chat (I think they're getting sick of me lol) and disconnected from me. They said that because I have 11% of the trophies in the game they can't offer a refund haha. What else can I do here?

Sounds like you're out of luck unfortunately and have to chalk it up to a lesson learned. I want a refund too, but it's a dead-end. Just have to think twice next time about spending your money with them.

I'm sure it's not the real intention, but it the end result is that a lot of people are being disingenuous about how bad the port is because they don't want it to sell well.
It's not being used in tournaments in it's current state. Aside from audio, the other things you mention are not as prominent as you've been led to believe.
If I wanted to play a game where I can lose due to potential RNG bullshit, I think maybe Mario Party works better there. At least I can get a good laugh out of it :(

As you guys said, just because someone else experienced these problems, doesn't mean either of you are fated to, evidently since neither of you have so far. On the other hand, just because you haven't encountered these problems yourself doesn't mean others won't, and it doesn't sound like the folks reporting these problems did anything esoteric in order to make the game break itself.

That is the worst definition of broken I have ever read. Millions of games could possibly be broken by your standard and you would never even know.
Did previous versions of SF4 have disappearing projectiles and moves not connecting when they should? No? I want to play the standard, the version that's fun and also working as intended.

That's insane justification.

We need better consumer rights about stuff like this.

Skilletor

The amount of glitches in the game (and their frequency) have been exaggerated. Using tne words "absolute garbage" to explain the failure to correct PS3's latency errors, that kind of stuff. I mean just look at some of the responses you get when you say this game is perfectly enjoyable for people who haven't been playing USF4 religiously already.

You're literally recommending people purchase the worst version of the game available.

I see your points, I'm not trying to be shitty with you, but a PS3 rental over PSNow is not comparable in price when you consider that you have to pay again after the time is up in order to keep playing.

I agree. However, for anyone who wants to get their street fighter itch fulfilled, they can rent for a day and call it a night. They probably won't even notice the PS Now latency issue. For those that want a permanent solution, a bad port isn't going to cut it.

This port is worse than Rainbow Editions (omega hyperbole but hear me out). Bad ports for fighting games cannot cut it when the whole game revolves around every pixel and every frame and every move and tight balancing. I rather play it on PS Now because it doesn't have the issue that this version has.

I'm sure they're on it and they're fixing it and there's nothing that can be done but to wait. :)

Sounds like you're out of luck unfortunately and have to chalk it up to a lesson learned. I want a refund too, but it's a dead-end. Just have to think twice next time about spending your money with them.

Several people have managed to get refunds, don't give up.

Unfortunately, it's quite "normal" these days. I never said it's not an issue.

You're just ascribing bad intentions onto all parties involved. You have no justification for determining that this is somehow unpatchable, to me these all seem like they can easily be addressed. I'm basing my assumption on how previous iterations of SF4 have been glitched and subsequently patched.

Did I ever say that it couldn't be patched? I said that the main issue with this is that the problems likely run so deep that by time it's fixed (which is probably gonna be a while) , it'll be past the point of relevancy.
Also, previous iterations didn't have nearly the same amount and types of issues that this port has.

I'm on round 2 of trying to get this game refunded through Sony's chat. The reps are the absolute goddamn worst. They gave me the runaround TWICE by switching reps mid chat and forcing me to re-explain the situation.

Seriously, why is this so goddamn hard to understand? The game is basically unplayable and was sold under false advertising.

You're literally recommending people purchase the worst version of the game available.
Right, which is much better than telling them to not buy anything at all if PS4 is the only version available to them.

If I wanted to play a game where I can lose due to potential RNG bullshit, I think maybe Mario Party works better there. At least I can get a good laugh out of it :(

As you guys said, just because someone else experienced these problems, doesn't mean either of you are fated to, evidently since neither of you have so far. On the other hand, just because you haven't encountered these problems yourself doesn't mean others won't, and it doesn't sound like the folks reporting these problems did anything esoteric in order to make the game break itself.

Did previous versions of SF4 have disappearing projectiles and moves not connecting when they should? No? I want to play the standard, the version that's fun and also working as intended.
We're talking about 1 game in potentially hundreds haha. If it bothers you that much, then I guess that's fine.

Top Bottom